HTC tells the design story of the One
0. phoneArena 01 May 2013, 05:25 posted on
The HTC One is - hands down - one of the best looking Android devices out there. Made out of a single piece of aluminum with a slightly curved back…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. gigaraga (Posts: 1416; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Despite it's good materials and sturdy build quality, I think that the front facing stereo speakers look a bit strange, and also the S4 managed to fit a larger screen into a more compact body, so thus the S4's design is better, in MY opinion.
4. Furbal (Posts: 528; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
the front facing speakers are part of the reason it has a larger body to screen ratio than the s4.
22. omar300 (Posts: 208; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
if anyone in their correct mind wanted to compare the screen to body ratio, would only think of xperia zl. but again. in CORRECT MIND.
26. chocolaking (Posts: 490; Member since: 22 May 2012)
Nice video, Htc really putting in effort to designed their phones.
No wonder it feels so special on my hand with my htc one.. lol
30. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
If your getting paid to troll on the internet that would be a nice job.
8. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4166; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Put front facing stereo speakers on the GS4 and see how compact you can make it. The added size is well worth it.
10. Shaznek (Posts: 43; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
Front facing stereo speakers are way better to have than a slightly compact body.
14. pslee (Posts: 40; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
i really think by the users first year of usage, all those speaker holes on the htc one will be filled with dusts and other particles and most likely has to be opened and cleaned. not sure how they designed it but holes on the front looks like a good feature but dust piling up inside the phone isnt so appealing to me.
17. terabyteRouser (Posts: 457; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
but there are plenty of holes on other phones...
21. SoulEater1667 (Posts: 23; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
Yes,the most of phones has jack 3.5,usb,microphone but no one has speaker like htc one in wich are plenty of holes that 100%% will be filled with dust.
31. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Real speakers are much better than phone speakers. The S4 has a wolfson DAC that will deliver higher quality audio to a pair of actually good speakers, the HTC One has the terrible built in snapdragon 600 one.
15. trexnkrumpets (Posts: 44; Member since: 15 Jan 2013)
I think the two eyes on your face look strange. Seems like something's wrong there. :P
16. terabyteRouser (Posts: 457; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
in terms of looks, no one else thinks so. read the reviews.
28. smutty.puppet (Posts: 24; Member since: 24 Apr 2013)
sorry dude.with all respect but your opinion like a piece of horse sh*t
2. Note2waitingonNote3 (banned) (Posts: 87; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
Gotta give HTC MAJOR CREDIT on it's Htc One device.
3. i.am.awesome (Posts: 3; Member since: 11 Aug 2011)
Phonearena you had already posted this stuff 2 months back.
5. tiara6918 (Posts: 1908; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
I also already saw this video a few weeks/months ago but it still is good to be informed on how that zero gap HTC one was built
32. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Zero gap my ass, the build quality is horrible. Most people buying HTC Ones are reporting minor defects with gaps around the screen.
24. chocolaking (Posts: 490; Member since: 22 May 2012)
I guess the world needs to see the "one of the best looking Android devices out there." again. Sfall is just an phone to make some revenue for samsung.
there is zero designed effort in it.
7. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Well done HTC!
You are the ONE! :)
9. FlushGordon (unregistered)
Dude you are awfully cheesy lmao
13. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I compliment HTC, and you say I'm awfully cheesy!
11. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
This video is conditionally very old, and there already was article with this video...
18. McLTE (Posts: 741; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Samsung "dared"? WTF.
Obviously there are a whole lot of people who are not so completely turned off by Samsung's manufacturing methods. I have a Note 2 and I have no problems with the construction at all. I LIKE my removable back cover.
Kudo's to HTC for putting out the One. It's truly a nice phone. I LOVE the front speakers, however I would like to see future phones make them a little more compact. Thank you though, HTC, for bringing them to market.. I hope front speakers become industry standard.
As for the One's design.. I much prefer the way the S4 feels in the hand. While I like the coating on the phone, I find that for ME personally, i don't care for the phone's rounded back.
I don't understand why people (PA) included has to be so pissy to one another about the various phones. HTC and Samsung both make great phones in different ways, which only gives us more choices. I hope HTC comes back and really challenges Samsung.. and they both stomp all over Apple.
19. pyradark (Posts: 798; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
They forgot to put the first part on vid, the xperia P and BB Z10 as theyre inspiration on design before it evolve into htc one
20. siluro (Posts: 46; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Just please bring the black version to T-mobile (or offer it on your own website with their bands) please!
23. Hina14 (Posts: 7; Member since: 23 Mar 2012)
Am I missing something? From what I can remember, this is the third article on this site with the same exact video? Second time I was wondering "Oh, a new video on the design. Cool". Boy, was I wrong. This time i didn't fall for it but it sucks that I was right. They did not "just release" this video =/
25. a_merryman (Posts: 749; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
I really enjoyed this video...the last 2 times you posted it. Stop being lazy.
29. biophone (Posts: 1900; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
This a really cool video by HTC but very Apple-esque. Thats not a bad thing! Love the design of this thing. Just hate those speakers.
33. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
The grills aren't even necessary the speakers are tiny compared to them.
34. biophone (Posts: 1900; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
Yea a minor flaw in an otherwise good phone.
35. Altair (Posts: 367; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
HTC - Silently brilliant
HTC - Silently stealing
36. ezfidel (Posts: 17; Member since: 25 Dec 2012)
Not hard to tell HTC copied windows phone with its home screen.