HTC solves its supply issues, HTC One production will double
0. phoneArena 17 May 2013, 08:03 posted on
The HTC One was announced way back in February with the intention of landing on store shelves before the Samsung Galaxy S4 and thus gaining traction…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
24. chocolaking (Posts: 461; Member since: 22 May 2012)
GOOD JOB HTC!!! I am so proud of holding my new ONE!!! haha
I hope other people can experience the superior build quality and smooth new user interface.
42. monomilkman (Posts: 25; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
exact thought I had as well while reading this
44. roldefol (Posts: 3228; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Alas after talking to a Verizon sales guy I don't think the One is coming. Consistent with leaks and rumors I think the One for Verizon will be the DNA 2 and it won't arrive until fall. Verizon has a solid, well received flagship with the DNA, so they have little incentive to offer the One.
The good news is, for Verizon customers who want One style and hardware (stereo speakers and Ultrapixel) with a 5" screen, you're in luck. And it'll be in black.
2. tiara6918 (Posts: 1709; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Strong demand?! 2013 really is the year for the comeback of htc!
3. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Not just the comeback for HTC, it's also a comeback for Sony and LG!
2013 is a tough year for these manufacturers!
4. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 517; Member since: 11 May 2013)
Comeback is not a term for Sony and LG.. They are starting a very solid android mobile business. HtC was once the face of android, so this is their comeback..
6. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Oh I see.......
But however, wish all the best to these manufacturers!
8. tiara6918 (Posts: 1709; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Xperia droid,wanna join our conversation on whatsapp with thelegend and Wendy garret?trust me Wendy is a good guy once you've had a conversation with him
19. tiara6918 (Posts: 1709; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
What's your whatsapp number/account?ill add you up in the group chat. Sorry pa if I'm taking personal messages on the comment section
38. tiara6918 (Posts: 1709; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
I was asking you in a nice way and now you're telling me to stfu?! Well,thank god I didn't include you in our group. That's completely bs of you
21. tiara6918 (Posts: 1709; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Alright then,but you're missing out a lot if you don't chat with Wendy Garrett(*˘︶˘*)
28. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
You no you want to, yes you do, it will be fun Experia®
29. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I'd rather chat with Siri instead of chatting with Wendy.
48. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
He is just trolling on this site. On the group chat its his really opinions and he doesn't troll there. Besides I met him in real life at KL
49. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Then why Wendy always troll on PA? If you meet him, can you tell him to stop trolling? Being a Samsung fanboy is okay, but don't troll. Can you tell him, please? :)
50. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
I literally face palmed . He wasn't even a Samsung fan boy , he is trolling like one. That's what a troll do. Trolling on phone arena is his hobby . What difference does that make ? This site is already filled with fan boys and trolls anyway and worst of all kids that knows nothing about technology total different when I joined few years ago
46. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Troll we could add you in on our group chat . If you're there as a tech fan , we really don't mind , but if you're there to wreak havoc I will be the first to kick you out
12. roldefol (Posts: 3228; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I don't know about Sony. They still don't get much love from the carriers, so Xperia doesn't have the name recognition of Galaxy or HTC. I want the healthy competition, but it's getting tough for smaller players like Sony and LG to stand out. At least we know Google has LG's back.
47. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
But I am more interested on how Chinese OEM like Oppo vivo and huawei is doing. Sounds more interesting
16. marbovo (Posts: 658; Member since: 16 May 2013)
I hope you are right, it´s much better a lot of strong manufacturers than just one
32. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Still selling only a fraction of the phones that Samsung/Apple do.
34. extremer222 (Posts: 1; Member since: 17 May 2013)
the fact is.... htc one is smoked by the sales of galaxy s4
35. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
whats your point? sales dont mean HTC hasnt given people an excellent device
36. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Sales means: Dev support and updates and device resell value.
2/3 of those should matter to everybody.
37. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
dev's support more then just top sellers, updates are plagued by carriers and are a mess for most
and re-sale shouldnt be that important to people, id rather enjoy the device not think how much can i get when/if i sell it
so none of that takes away the fact sales dont mean its the best
39. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
If an app doesn't work 100% on a samsung device you can expect the devs to fix it fast. Samsung devices also get updates decently fast and google is doing the updates for the S4 "nexus." Resell value matters to a lot of people, I don't use contracted phones when I want a new phone I sell my current to pay for part of the new one.
5. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 517; Member since: 11 May 2013)
I am excited for htc's next flagship..
33. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
The HTC Thunderbolt 2.0 will be back to kill off the HTC name again.
7. aco96 (Posts: 212; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
This is an amazing phone. Glad to see HTC doing well. :D
11. jibraihimi (Posts: 698; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
But they lost lots of sales due to this delay, they had headstart against Galaxy S4, but in fact it was S4 which came to the Indian market earlier than HTC one; but just hope HTC does better with this phone, so that more companies make premium phones with premium quality hardware.............
40. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Lenovo K900 is higher build quality than the HTC One and as powerful as the exynos 5 S4 (Its actually better because most apps are not threaded and the cpu is only dual core). Also no gimmicky hardware and its 13MP camera is good in lowlight because it has dual flash.
43. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Still a dualcore, il'e wait for the quadcore version, with upgraded Cpu, that is on par with Exynos 5420 A15
45. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
The atom inside of it is on par with the exynos 5420 so is the gpu, if it was quad core it would be 2x the power of the exynos 5420. If I benchmark my K900 with antutu it scores a 28000. This device is DUAL CORE and is as good as an a15 quad core, most apps will get significantly better performance because very few apps support more than 1-2 cores. It also has hyperthreading but only the android OS can use that for now. If benchmarks supported hyperthreading it would score well into the 30000s.
Runs every 3d game I have flawlessly, gta 3 and vice city max settings no lag, battery life is better than you would think it last me all day.
13. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1010; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
Lets hope so because they need the HTC One to put HTC back on the map.
15. PhoneCritic (Posts: 404; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
No matter what This is the year that Android makes it's big push. I believe, in my opinion < again my opinion not fact>, the north American market (US in General) will see a rise in Android activation and overwhelming adoption. Why? With an onslaught of Manufactures like Sony, LG, Samsung, HTC, Motorola, etc.. all producing various devices in various sizes and various built types it will be hard to hold back the flood gates. I mean this in no disrespectful way or any Fanboy-ism But now - Appple's last compelling feature was build quality and no one could argue with that ( I consider the iphone 4 a beautiful design < antennae issue with standing its design is still beautiful). However, now it seems that HTC and Sony have come out swing with Built qualities that are just as compelling. I suspect that after seeing what HTC has done all the other Android manufactures will start stepping up built quality as well. Competition is what drives this industry and it benefits us the consumer.
Best to all the smartphone device manufactures this year.
17. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 517; Member since: 11 May 2013)
But but but we still have to wait for ios7
18. red_fox (unregistered)
Well I hope so, Because my patience at it's peek right now. I have been waiting for the ONE for long time and I am beginning to loose faith in HTC.
22. addicted2088 (Posts: 51; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
Hmm, so that's why it became available on an online retailer here in India today, with a delivery of 8-9 days. So I guess the stock is incoming.
23. tashreef (Posts: 476; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
and the price is INR 42k ..... priced perfectly ...
41. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Get a K900, better than s4 and htc one. Shipping internationally soon.
30. torr310 (Posts: 494; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
Yeah! Please also bring the BLACK color, maybe the RED color too!
31. rizevnarastek (Posts: 336; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
Yeah baby! I hope HTC climbs back to being king of the hill. Double the production and next week release on Verizon is going to do the good.
51. johnriii (Posts: 231; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
first thing, there is no confirmation that Verizon is dropping the One next week or at all, and secondly, the S4 IS dropping next week. so any ground HTC is trying to make up on Samsung is futile. the numbers don't lie. the S4 is selling at a record pace, and HTC, while making progress, can't keep up. I'm sure the One is a good-great phone, but Sammy has an unbelievable lead thanks to the S2, S3, Note, Note 2 and now S4 sales.
52. roldefol (Posts: 3228; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I agree that Verizon is not launching the One next week. There is no hard evidence of this and it's more industry what-ifs and wishes. Verizon stores haven't been informed of any imminent HTC launch. They already have the DNA and they're standing by it. Verizon is announcing "something" May 22, but it won't likely be the One.
But I completely disagree with the notion that Samsung's insurmountable sales lead spells doom for everyone else. HTC isn't necessarily looking for the sales crown, they're looking to stay relevant and profitable, rack up good press, and put out the kind of quality product that people will want. It's not a race, but it is a competition and I think HTC has a strong contender with the One.
53. sarge77 (Posts: 202; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
would be good if verizon gets htc one who cares about droid dna its about keeping it simple every carrier get same brand type and no special deals like moto did with the droid hype and besides the one is a bad ass phone and on sprint it has a better radio better reception and better signal most of my friends grabbed the note 2 and wished they stayed with htc