HTC shows a heart on a chip, could it come alive in the M7?
0. phoneArena 07 Feb 2013, 01:21 posted on
HTC is expected to unveil its new flagship, the HTC M7, on February 19th with a huge event, but in anticipation it has now released an anatomical teaser…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. cas_shekhar (Posts: 22; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
Pure exaggeration, not interested. Waiting for SGS IV..... come baby take my money.
4. darkskoliro (Posts: 935; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Pure exaggeration? Lol. SGS3, "MADE FOR HUMANS"
:smh: Samsung fans
5. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
S sheep . You don't even know how to gs4 looks like or it's good or not but you want to buy it already ?
9. doubler86 (Posts: 317; Member since: 26 Jan 2011)
lmao really, The Galaxy S3 was better than every phone till the Note 2, not to mention is outsold every other phone. So it is safe to say the Galaxy S4 will be the best phone of 2013 if Samsung keeps on doing what they have been.
Meanwhile HTC keeps putting out phones that have crummy battery life because their CEO believes that battery life doesn't matter as long as the phone is thing.
15. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
18. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
If it sells good , doesn't mean it's good .
The iPhone 4S outsold the galaxy s2 , does it mean that the iPhone is better ? Hell no
The one x is better than the gs3
30. KParks23 (Posts: 445; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
The one X was a better phone than the s3 sorry to burst ur bubble I own a s3 and its a POS and now the gps don't never work.. ur logic just because it sold more is meaningless Lil Wayne sold tons of albums and he's still garbage that just means people are dumbasses!
20. cas_shekhar (Posts: 22; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
Ohh really!!!!!!! even u dont know anything abt f*@!g M7 but already started thinking erotic abt it. Going with track record of htc and sammy. its so easy to anticipate which will be better....But hey u need little bit of sense to understand that.
24. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
What's wrong with you ?
I seen the leakes
Phonearena comfirmed the specs
I saw HTC CEO waving it in the air at their year end party on YouTube .
I am not a sheep , if the Xperia z or gs4 is a lot better i would pick that .
The gs4 is months away from launching
Sheep is for people that owns a current gen device and will upgrade to a next gen device by the same manufacturer without thinking or comparing it with other devices . For example i$heeps .
My current device is a galaxy s 2 .
I jump from Brand to brand is to get a different experience from my current handsets , just like car ownership . Fanboys like you won't understand
I would love to switch to a wp8 , but I will wait until instagram is available
26. cas_shekhar (Posts: 22; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
So you guessed on your own that I am sammy fanboy. FYI I am using htc one x for for last one year and after comparing the performance with my friend's s3 and note2 continuously during last 5-6 month i have made an opinion.
I don't believe in leaks and peter chou.
29. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
I see , sorry .
27. cezarepc (Posts: 510; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
Agree. Personally, I'm waiting for a device with the next-gen Qualcom top chip, 2000mah+ battery, SD card slot, >=8MP high quality sensor, water/shock resistance, and LTE. First one to manufacture that device gets my money (I'm coming from OneX+).
33. cretinick (Posts: 147; Member since: 25 Jan 2011)
I hope that the Motorola's X-Phone to be just like that.
But will have to wait many months to the announcement, and many more for the launch... So frustrating...
36. Jonathan41 (Posts: 526; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
Pure exaggeration. I hardly believe that the point of this marketing campagne is to convince you that the phone is actually a living organism. Besides, it's a marketing campagne in the first place. Some exaggeration is expected.
iPhone slogan's though the years:
iPhone 3G: "There's an app for that. That's the iPhone. Solving life's dilemma one app at a time."
iPhone 4: "This changes everything. Again."
2. takay0 (Posts: 144; Member since: 25 Mar 2012)
Do you know if its goin to be SLCD-2 or SLCD-3?
6. GeekMovement (Posts: 1499; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
I hope the battery is going to be bigger than 2300mAh, but either way as long as it lasts a lot longer than my GS3 I'll be content.
7. darkskoliro (Posts: 935; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Didn't you see the gsmarena battery test? The DNA outlasts the s3 on jellybean with a smaller battery and a larger screen. The m7 has a smaller screen and a larger battery. Go figure.
8. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
I am almost ready to get a HTC butterfly but the battery life is kinda worrying .
11. tiara6918 (Posts: 1322; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Go for it already, do not worry much about the battery life, I bet the m7 would only improve by a small margin. I just got myself a one x btw
17. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Good for you .
So is the one x + better than the butterfly ?
Cheaper , more storage , bigger battery .
21. tiara6918 (Posts: 1322; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
one x+ is cheaper than the butterfly but only by a few margin, storage-one x+ has 64 gb while butterfly has 16gb but has a micro sd slot up to 32gb which you can expand. For battery, I'm not sure about that though. Judging from the leaks and rumor, I think the advantages of the butterfly over the m7 is that it is waterproof, has an led notification at the back, has a bigger 5"screen and for the advantages of the m7 over butterfly, slightly bigger battery, higher mp camera, slightly better processor and the list goes on.
14. darkskoliro (Posts: 935; Member since: 07 May 2012)
I'd wait for the m7. My battery life is dull if I keep using 3g (on holiday atm, uploading photos/calling all day). But aside from that its good :) just 3g is a real sucker.
16. tiara6918 (Posts: 1322; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
I also wanted to wait for the m7 but my old phone suddenly got broken and I don't think I can afford the m7 yet, one x is much cheaper
28. darkskoliro (Posts: 935; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Get a second hand one x, or buy one from Kogan. Then sell it once you have enough money :)
10. doubler86 (Posts: 317; Member since: 26 Jan 2011)
Horrible Marketing. Another fail for HTC, hopefully their phone won't be another failure
13. lovefist (unregistered)
alive soon.. then dead a few hours later with HTC special recipe "small battery but look how thin it is". hopefully they put bigger battery.
22. tiara6918 (Posts: 1322; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Yes, battery life is indeed terrible, I would prefer a thicker and heavier phone rather than a thin and lightweight one that wouldn't last you a day
23. rustyimtiaz (Posts: 44; Member since: 16 Oct 2012)
i think it will come with tegra 4 as there is too much green colour!!! just a guess!!!
31. AshishRomea (Posts: 145; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
its all about "XPERIA Z" can anyone stop this Z MANIA ? its like STEVE JOBS REVOLUTIONED DESIGN WITH IMAC IN 1998 .
34. bigmikey23 (Posts: 10; Member since: 06 Jul 2011)
I would buy it in a heartbeat. But it HAS to have a micro sd for me to even consider it.
35. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
All that green-ness really gives a hint of nvidia....
37. Taters (Posts: 2592; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
HTC phones are pretty poor, there is no way the One X was better than the GS3. That device was riddled with problems. Haha
40. true1984 (Posts: 582; Member since: 23 May 2012)
Like what? I never had a problem with mine, I think the only real advantage was the camera
38. Jonathan41 (Posts: 526; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
The battery looks pretty nice. Hope it's legit. Wish it was 3300 mAH like the RAZR MAXX's just so no one could complain about it. I'm super exited though, I'm probably buying this as my next main phone.
42. Jonathan41 (Posts: 526; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
I hope it's Li-ion instead of Li-poly like the One X was. I don't care how thin the phone is, I just want it to be on.
44. rizevnarastek (Posts: 326; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
Li-po batteries ARE Li-Ion Polymer and they are the evolution of an ordiray Li-Ion. Better, capish?
45. Jonathan41 (Posts: 526; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
I'm going off of this:
"Better" seems like a strong word when referring to the Li-Poly in this case.
39. Coolest4ever7 (Posts: 23; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
I was going to get the Droid DNA but I can't wait for the M7
43. rizevnarastek (Posts: 326; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
I think this is a great graphic and great advert... it makes blood pump through your circuits (pun intended). I bet M7 is going to be one hell of a device. 2300 mAh battery should suffice for a workday od moderate usage with no problems. The way HTC optimizes their battery life is almost beyond belief, how much juice they squeeze from their small batteries. With the "latest" Android version and a skimmed down Sense 5 battery manegement should be even better. All they have to do now is to make it available world-wide and asap. March 8th and all the advertising this world manages and HTC should skyrocket with this phone.