HTC shares drop amid announcement of new CFO and Samsung Galaxy S III intro date
0. phoneArena 17 Apr 2012, 02:30 posted on
Shares of Taiwan based manufacturer HTC are falling on Tuesday after news that the company has changed its CFO and on the word that the eagerly awaited Samsung Galaxy S III will soon be introduced; HTC's shares have fallen as much as 6%...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5559; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
ehe, challenger? in my mind the Galaxy S III has already destroyed the One series. xD
this is what i've been trying to tell you guys.
6. ScottSchneider (Posts: 313; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
This News actually Looks like a SGS3 News instead of a HTC One Series... :) Even in the Related Phones Area, only the SGS3 Picture is Posted instead of any one of the One Series Phone... The SGS3 does not only take the place away, but also the News... Its Touch Down for SGS3... ;-) and Game Over for Rest of the Phones... :P
2. lubba (Posts: 1310; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
There will be no surprises here. GSIII will be the Android of Androids. HTC will continue to fall. Problems; design and "Sense" interface.
3. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5559; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
the only factors against them i think are Sense and underwhelming power. o:
4. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
yeah, HTC actually, for me, is second to Samsung, then follows LG, Motorola and Sony.
i'm gonna be honest with all of you guys, i'm an android fanboy myself, but realistically, let's just wait and not bash on "The sgs 3 will destroy this and that."
i remember when the iSheep were saying the iPhone 5 will kill the SGS 2, and it didn't by that much. they ate their words.
8. Cyan3boN (Posts: 425; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
sense is one of the best interface,the no of sense interface and widget mockups in the android market and third party sense roms is enough to reinforce my claim. well if u are a samsung galaxy owner u shouldnt even talk about interface here.
11. ph00ny (Posts: 591; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Why not? Wasn't TW the only one with any type of hardware acceleration in GB while Sense lagged itself to poor sales?
13. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1577; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
sadly i prefer the lag over that ugly TW crap
14. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5559; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i have the leaked 4.0.3 OTA for the Droid Razr and it's pretty much stock ICS.
5. andro. (Posts: 1936; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
The galaxy s3 will certainly take the focus of HTC's phones but at the moment the one x and one s has been selling very well,e specially the one x with the bundled beatsheadphones,we can't keep enough of them in stock. The s3 will become king when it arrives though
7. Cyan3boN (Posts: 425; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
what if sammys next flagship is one of the leaked fugly samsung handets. doooooom sammy, bring it on says HTC.
9. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
I hope to God that they at least allow a full ICS favorites dock and the ability to print from any printer. Then I would buy it.
10. rg987 (Posts: 130; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
SAMSUNG KNOWS THAT their nxt flagship is much highly anticipated.........so they wont be unveiling a phone that is ugly or not well specced...............they will be unveiling a superb phone that gonna replace the current ANDROID KING i.e. the SGS2
12. rockstarlive (Posts: 307; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Buying Beats Audio has something to do with the drop too..