HTC says all its smartphones have cleared customs
1. pokerc (Posts: 46; Member since: 24 May 2012)
I still havent recieved mine from wirefly! I ordered it on 5/7. Has anybody recieved theirs??
12. moofoodooloo (Posts: 137; Member since: 04 Jan 2011)
Sounds typical of a third party vendor.. Sprint customers have received their preorders. Just sayin.
2. Geezy03 (Posts: 43; Member since: 10 Apr 2009)
That is great news. Now all I need is a release date from Sprint and I'm getting one
4. Sniggly (Posts: 6400; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Ah, finally. Been getting a lot of people asking about that Evo. It's set to be another top seller for Sprint, just like the original Evo was two years ago.
11. BREvenson (Posts: 190; Member since: 17 May 2012)
It will. With it having a few extra features that set it apart from the One X (like expandable memory), Sprint users will once again have a new piece of awesome.
On top of that, HTC can advertise it as "the phone Apple didn't want you to have". Think how much pride that would instill in the anti-iPhone crowd :p
5. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5462; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
I STILL GIVE ALL THE BLAME TO APPLE for blocking the HTC PHONES. And I'm sure they would do the same to our GS III phones.
6. Raymond_htc (Posts: 430; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
Apple's going down, if they do not release an iPhone 5 or anything like that.
So, Android phones and manufacturers, Keep da good work up! BEAT APPLE and their scrumptious ways of trying to block HTC and maybe other Smartphones in the customs!
Go android Go!
7. stealthd (Posts: 818; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
Yes, it is quite delicious how Apple gets phones banned/delayed.
8. Sniggly (Posts: 6400; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
I guess you're not a big fan of the free market.
9. Commentator (Posts: 2080; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
I "preordered" an Evo from Best Buy on Saturday once I realized the Sprint store I was dealing with had no idea what was going on. I don't understand how Sprint consistently gets high customer satisfaction ratings. I've been better informed than every Sprint rep I've talked to over the last couple weeks.
This news can only mean good things for me. Now it's a race as to which will arrive first: my Evo or my ASUS TF300 prize package.
13. moofoodooloo (Posts: 137; Member since: 04 Jan 2011)
You think you've been better informed.. The "know more than you" customer is amongst some of the worst.
So when Best Buy or whatever third party you work with F's up your bill, you guys will be able to figure it out on your own.
14. Commentator (Posts: 2080; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
I'm pretty sure me knowing that the Evo was being delayed the Tuesday the news broke out while the Sprint rep didn't even know until the FRIDAY MORNING THAT IT WAS SUPPOSED TO LAUNCH qualifies me as more informed... you know, objectively with regards to the situation. I also think I have a right to be p*ssed off when they offer to reserve the phone for me a month ago, only to inform me last week that "oh, sorry, we don't actually take preorders, you're be better off ordering it online" when the Sprint website had disabled orders due to being out of stock AN ENTIRE WEEK BEFORE. Maybe they run things differently at Sprint Corporate stores, but this is without a doubt the last time I bring my business to a franchise.
10. kach22 (Posts: 99; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
Every Evo sells is a slap on Apple's sorry cheek.