HTC says Android 4.0 update coming in March to select models
0. phoneArena posted on 09 Feb 2012, 15:16
HTC has announced that it will start updating some of its smartphones to Android 4.0 beginning in March; at the end of next month, the HTC Sensation, HTC Sensation 4G and HTC Sensation XE will be receiving the Ice Cream Sandwich update...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Rayzin posted on 09 Feb 2012, 15:18 2 0
NICE, now if I can just have the option of turning Sense 4.0 off..
6. sprockkets posted on 09 Feb 2012, 15:53 0 0
As it is, the stock unlock screen, stock contacts and such are broken in ICS 4.0.3 from the code on Google's server. I've tried it and found using Sense 3.6 (which is what it looks it will have) isn't that much different than stock. I'd rather have the stock launcher, but that one still needs work as well.
Now that Google released Chrome, I don't care it doesn't have the stock browser either, as they both work pretty much the same.
2. joseg81 posted on 09 Feb 2012, 15:21 1 0
that's the link to HTC's post on facebook earlier today about this.
3. Cwebb posted on 09 Feb 2012, 15:24 0 0
Hopefully that means that the 3D will be getting it soon after, because its pretty much the same thing plus 3D
4. sprockkets posted on 09 Feb 2012, 15:33 0 0
You can track somewhat the progress of ICS on the sensation here:
Some of the stuff in that list, like fully Adreno 220 rendering is redundant; they did that for 2.3.x. Obviously 4.x has it already.
5. ngo2dd posted on 09 Feb 2012, 15:49 0 0
sweet that mean once they release the code then I will have a nice new rom to put on my 3D
7. dirtydirty00 posted on 09 Feb 2012, 16:01 0 0
wow if my thunderbolt ends up getting ICS then im set for a while! buying a house, so no more updating yearly for me :(
8. MarloThaMartian posted on 09 Feb 2012, 16:36 0 0
They said vivid would be updated early 2012. How did that go from that to "later this year" -_-
11. CuttingEdge11 posted on 09 Feb 2012, 17:08 0 0
Seeing as my Evo 4G apparently doesn't have enough ram to run higher than sense 1.0, I doubt it will get updated.. which sucks, because i've only had it about a year. ):
13. EclipseGSX posted on 09 Feb 2012, 18:13 0 0
root it, im running Sense 3.5 , so buttery smooth too
14. JGuinan007 posted on 09 Feb 2012, 20:36 1 0
The desire HD so does that also mean the HTC inspire 4g also?
Or will AT&T not even bother?
17. RicNP posted on 09 Feb 2012, 23:28 0 0
I'm still waiting for sense 3.0, most european carriers already updated the Deisre HD :(
16. skymitch89 posted on 09 Feb 2012, 22:53 0 0
I think that if the EVO Design 4G, Incredible S, and Desire S are getting an update to ICS, then phones like the T-Bolt, Evo 4G, and Evo Shift should get it as well. Though, all the phones listed have at least 768MB RAM and the Evo 4G and Evo Shift only have 512MB; but the Incredible S is getting ICS so the Incredible 2 shouldn't be too far behind. I'm kinda jealous of a couple of my friends right now, they both have a Sensation 4G.
18. joseg81 posted on 17 Feb 2012, 13:13 0 0
good news for Verizon customers (tbolt)!