HTC roadmap for 2014: HTC Eye for selfies, Butterfly 2, and Windows Phones
0. phoneArena 21 Jul 2014, 09:28 posted on
HTC’s roadmap for the fall includes a mysterious ‘selfie phone’, an HTC Butterfly 2 high-end Android phone, and several new Windows Phone devices…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1791; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
CAT!! sorry just came in for the cat picture :P HTC needs to improve its back camera first...
3. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4628; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
hahahahaha!!!!! I did the same!!!
12. domfonusr (Posts: 384; Member since: 17 Jan 2014)
Also came to see the cat picture. The real question is this: is the cat trying to claim responsibility for the fire in the background?
2. TisaTsir (Posts: 69; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
HTC can be number one, if only they improve the back camera..
4. chunky1x (Posts: 268; Member since: 28 Mar 2010)
Is this a selfie of a cat about to be thrown off the balcony?
5. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Bring me that WP version of the One M8 NOW HTC!
9. ihavenoname (Posts: 1581; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
They first have to get their main business (Android) together. And considering how good phones previous HTC WPs were and how well they sold compared to Lumias IMO they shouldn't even try.
10. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
The 8X was an awesome phone. If they had marketed it properly, it would have sold a lot more. Even their original One didn't sell much, even after such an awesome design and running the "saviour" Android OS. Marketing is the name of the game!
13. marbovo (Posts: 658; Member since: 16 May 2013)
Why would someone buy an HTC wp over an lumia? "not trolling"
6. newbey123 (Posts: 518; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
I want that cat to be the new spokesperson(cat) for HTC. :-)
7. xtroid2k (Posts: 504; Member since: 11 Jan 2010)
HTC needs to come out with devices that offer services or features not found on other devices. I think this is the reason for the selfie phone, but I'm not sure this will take off unless features are out of this world. Honestly would like a folding phablet which comes with enhanced speakers which can be detached for power saving. I love music so yeah
8. wilsong17 (unregistered)
Xtroid I'm with you I love music that why I want the ultra power saving mode on the galaxy s5 to come to the note 3...just leave text and music app on all other off battery with be good... even though I get great battery life on my noteb3
11. techloverNYC (Posts: 496; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
If HTC would have improved the camera for M8, the phone would have sell twice as much. Such a simple move and yet HTC cling on the ultra pixel bs. Their marketing ad is confusing and pointless.
15. Onlinector (Posts: 12; Member since: 10 Jun 2014)
But i still think they think more than us about that topic before investing such a big number of money on a project this much important for their existence..
16. techloverNYC (Posts: 496; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
I felt like when they making this phone, they focus more on saving money. I think they only recently started making profit again. Instead of investing in new tech, they decided to go with an older tech and use the money for more metal (which I though was pointless too, last yrs m7 was a sexy phone and still to this day). The tv ad campaign was a disaster, more than half the ppl have no idea what the ad was selling.
17. Onlinector (Posts: 12; Member since: 10 Jun 2014)
M8 is still one of my Favorite smartphones in terms of design and everything,And i'm sure They know what they're doing(at least i hope!!)