HTC road map for the second half of the year shows reliance on HTC One variants
0. phoneArena 03 Jun 2013, 22:00 posted on
For a company said to be constantly singing Tom Petty's hit "Freefallin'," HTC seems to be busy making plans for the second half of the yea; the Taiwan based manufacturer might have found its big winner with the HTC One which has sold 5 million units. While that trails the 10 million units sold of the Samsung Galaxy S4, if that ratio holds up HTC could find itself selling a whopping 50 million units...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. KParks23 (Posts: 452; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
Glad to hear this imma wait for the t6 the one is a little small for me glad htc is back in the game!
16. TheBitterrTruth (unregistered)
Waiting for phablet sized ONE!
2. lyndon420 (Posts: 1763; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
I'm confused. We have the HTC One and we have an Xbox One. Microsoft lawyers salivating somewhere.
3. darkskoliro (Posts: 988; Member since: 07 May 2012)
right, caus Xbox came up with the One name first? :)
10. lyndon420 (Posts: 1763; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
They didn't? The Htc One and the XBox One are the same thing right? I mean will I be able to tell them apart?
11. darkskoliro (Posts: 988; Member since: 07 May 2012)
One is a cassette player one is a smartphone. I'm sure you are smart enough to tell them apart ;)
14. lordbeggar (Posts: 2; Member since: 29 Apr 2013)
Playstation one came before Xbox one and Htc one. LoL
5. KParks23 (Posts: 452; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
I think comcast has a comcast 1 or something also lol
6. Jack58221 (Posts: 125; Member since: 23 Feb 2013)
highlander's Duncan McCloud... in the end there can be only One, and it was him.
12. icyrock1 (Posts: 303; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
Stiill waiting for the WP version of the HTC one.
15. TheBitterrTruth (unregistered)
19. leaderpvp (Posts: 17; Member since: 26 May 2013)
You, guy, going to collect the most dislikes on this thread :-D
17. pratyushgaur.6 (Posts: 24; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
I am bored of Samsung. I would love to buy that big HTC phone after owning Note and Note2.
18. jaychildz (Posts: 106; Member since: 31 May 2013)
I hope they don't make a 16gb phablet for $300 because thats s**tty and 5.9 inches is overdoing it. WHY IS THE HTC ONE SMALLER THAN THE DNA I REALLY WANT A 5 INCHER BECAUSE I WANT TO UPGRADE WITH A PURPOSE btw I have the HTC One X+
20. leaderpvp (Posts: 17; Member since: 26 May 2013)
I also want to upgrade my HOX to One, and, this is not what will stop real enthusiast :) Yesterday my One shipped - awaiting arrival :-D
21. gd761 (Posts: 109; Member since: 18 Sep 2012)
Android, Android, Android. What about Windows Phone 8?!
WHAT ABOUT WINDOWS PHONE 8?!
Are you going to make ANY Windows Phone 8 Phones that are even Worthwhile Considering even in the Slightest Bit?! If so, They Will Have to Be High Quality High End Phones that are on the Level of what You did with the "ONE". Making Anything that is a Low End Device like what is scheduled to be released on Sprint, is a COMPLETE JOKE AND A SLAP IN OUR FACES!
I'm Not Bashing Android at all. I'm Just saying that You Need to Also do the Same for Windows Phone 8 as what You did for Android and the ONE.
22. pratyushgaur.6 (Posts: 24; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Probably HTC is thinking right. They are thinking of not making sad windows phones!!
29. roldefol (Posts: 2975; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Most likely they're waiting for the next-gen specs to be approved by MS. No reason to make a One-like WP with last year's specs. Wait for MS to bring quad core and 1080 support to the platform.
31. Nokfan1603 (Posts: 26; Member since: 13 Mar 2013)
WP has a modern OS, they don't need the overpowered specs of Android to have a great user experience.
32. roldefol (Posts: 2975; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
True, but I still expect MS-Nokia to update their specs this fall. If for no other reason than comparison shopping. If someone is cross-shopping Android, iPhone and WP, they'll look at screen, processor, memory, and storage specs.
23. DANTExphone888 (Posts: 97; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
I will not ever buy an HTC device until they decide to put their flagship on us cellular, which will probably never happen.
24. gd761 (Posts: 109; Member since: 18 Sep 2012)
HTC has built some Nice Windows Phone 8 Phones, but just NOT for Sprint. When HTC Made Windows Phones in the past, they were Good Phones. What had Problems was the OS that was on them especially with Custom ROM's, Custom Patches, and Custom Hacks.
Microsoft was in Negotiations with both HTC and Nokia to be their Main Sources for Windows Phone 8, but HTC pulled out of the Negotiations and Nokia became the Only Main Source for Windows Phone 8.
If HTC had Stuck in there, then there would have Been Both HTC and Nokia who Would Be the 2 Main Sources for Microsoft putting out Windows Phone 8. Microsoft's First Choice was HTC, but they pulled out and then Nokia had got the ONLY Position that was there.
And there's some reason why Sprint has Animosity towards Nokia, because they Don't have Any Nokia Smartphones. They used to have some Nokia Dumbphones in the past, but that was the past.
The Carriers are the ones who reach out to the Manufacturers and tell the Manufacturers What They Want for their Customers. That's the Reason Why I Blame SPRINT for the Loss of Windows Phone on their Network and for their Request to both SAMSUNG for a Mid-End Phone and HTC for a Low-End Phone to be released with Windows Phone 8.
25. rizevnarastek (Posts: 330; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
I must disagree with you... Windows phone 8X is THE flagship of WP. If they make a WP variant of One then it's over for Nokia, but in general I dislike WP because it is mostly a closed system that doesn't give a user the state of mobility or creativity like Android does.
27. gd761 (Posts: 109; Member since: 18 Sep 2012)
The same can be said about the iPhone as well, but People Really like that Phone even though Everything Associated with it is Proprietary to Apple.
28. gd761 (Posts: 109; Member since: 18 Sep 2012)
It Would be Great it HTC Would make a Variation of the Upcoming T6 for Windows Phone 8, but With More Storage and the Micro SDXC Card Slot and it have Microsoft Support 1080P Resolution and bring it to Sprint.
30. roldefol (Posts: 2975; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Windows Phone 8X is definitely not the WP flagship. The Lumia 920 has been the flagship since WP8 arrived. The 8X is nice, but it has a smaller screen and weaker camera than the 92x series. There's nothing wrong with it as a mid-ranger, but Nokia is where WP is at.
26. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
So it kind of sound like Butterfly S, Butterfly 2 and T6 are different devices. I better start saving up money if they're all going to be having metal chassis... Will have to pick one out of the three.