HTC rewards you for your patience: gifts $25 Google Play credit to HTC One first orderers
0. phoneArena 23 May 2013, 09:23 posted on
The HTC One was supposed to be one of the first big Android flagships to arrive in 2013, but after issues with the manufacturing and supply of its UltraPixel camera…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. speckledapple (Posts: 892; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
They can give me Play credit for not wanting to purchase their phone.
15. amro99 (Posts: 105; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
Youb ertainly can't resist the urge to bash each and every positive article about htc, can you?
19. speckledapple (Posts: 892; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
I must admit I have some bias against HTC for the way they handled a phone I previously owned by them. But in taking a step back and just looking at the company as a whole, I still think that while they can get credit for having some great ideas and at the very least design style, they lack some serious focus. And that is bad for any company.
24. WakaFlakaD (Posts: 480; Member since: 30 Apr 2011)
Serious focus? Mind to elaborate a little bit on that?
Perhap even mention examples of other companies as well? Motorola, Sony and LG
17. chocolaking (Posts: 494; Member since: 22 May 2012)
you are a cheapo. life must be miserable. lol..
2. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
They don't need to give me play credit I'll buy it anyway...
3. Kurai (unregistered)
at least they care for their costumers . . unlike other companies like "you're holding it wrong" and "buy an sd card for storage expansion"
4. maherk (Posts: 3493; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Yeah I remember how much care they showed when the screen problem occured on most of htc one x unit when it was released last year, or when the sensation had the heating and random shut downs problem. If HTC cared like you are claiming, they wouldn't screw up their customers by releasing a "better" version of their flagship 6 months after the initial release. The one x was priced at 480$ here in lebanon 1 day before the one x plus release, next day it dropped to 390$ while the s3 maintained its 490$ price. One x now is priced at 360, one x plus 440, and the s3 is 430. THAT should tell you something.
5. medicci37 (Posts: 1271; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
It tells me that, your post doesn't make any sense
9. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
So after your purchase, all world should freeze and wait until you decide that you need a new one? Or at least all world should freeze until devices will reach Lebanon?
Also talking about the prices which you have mentioned, if it is resellers prices, then blame resellers not HTC.
13. b1acktiger (Posts: 223; Member since: 19 May 2012)
One X price will go down when a new product is launching with better specs. Whats problem with that ? Dont talk s**t
18. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Yep, 'cause other manufacturers never had a problem with their devices.
14. addicted2088 (Posts: 53; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
Did you know that it's only companies that are going through tough times do all this for the customer, not those that are already doing well? Really, HTC is just doing what it can to get back strongly into the game, not because they care about you. None of the companies care about you, stop being delusional.
6. Synack (Posts: 677; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
Who does this apply to? I bought mine the day after launch at a T-Mobile store. I don't think HTC even knows what my email address is.
16. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
So whens the One Plus come out and the long period of HTC fanboys crying over slow updates.
22. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
I doubt there'll be a One+ this time...
Nice phone on your avatar btw.
26. amro99 (Posts: 105; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
Your comment has absolutely nothing to do with this news!
23. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
oh. so now they copy the strategy of nokia/microsoft? giving free 25$ credits?
25. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
27. dspkblympkbl (Posts: 51; Member since: 23 May 2013)
Hm, what they need to start doing is make commercials that highlight the features of the phone. Between the 100$ gift card offer for upgrading, the free double dip cases, and now this...they acting like its a crappy phone
29. crysiswarmonger (Posts: 78; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
HTC makes nice solid phones. I still love the original sprint version of the HTC 4G phone (hate sprint). Nice display and solid construction.. Underwhelmed by my Rezound, they did not keep up the OS updates and should have. I would be excited if they gave $25 for their delay.
30. papss (unregistered)
Is there really a delay still? I'm planning on getting the One in a few weeks.