HTC returns to the black in Q2, thanks to the HTC One (M8)
0. phoneArena 03 Jul 2014, 14:54 posted on
After reporting operating losses for the last three quarters, HTC finally returned to the black for the second quarter, thanks to the well received HTC One (M8). For the three month period ended on June 30th, the manufacturer reported a profit of $75.5 million. That is an 80% increase from the results reported a year ago by HTC. In the previous quarter of 2014, the company reported a loss of $62.8 million...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Furbal (Posts: 980; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
Glad to hear. Just picked one up on Monday! My s5 is boring now.
Already rooted and playing with Roms.
2. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1888; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Same here. HTC did need a break from its financial problem they were having for a long time.
4. Commentator (Posts: 3685; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
It's nice to see, but it's hard to sympathize with their financial troubles. They made their own bed with investments in the likes of OnLive, Beats Audio, and Ultrapixel cameras. The thing about swinging for home runs is that you're going to strike out quite a few times too.
6. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1116; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
How was Beats Audio a bad investment? They actually sold it for more than what they bought it so i don't see how it was a bad investment...
9. Commentator (Posts: 3685; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
It never did anything to really enhance HTC's brand. If HTC were in the game of buying low and selling high, they should just get a good stockbroker.
14. VLaRueC (Posts: 178; Member since: 18 Dec 2012)
I take it you're not in sales. If so, you'd rethink your post.
3. amats69 (Posts: 1435; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
And the well receive HTC one E8 will help hTC earn more profit. It is so glad to hear that a good company like HTC is still surviving and not giving up on the fight that easily.. Good Luck!
5. Planterz (Posts: 2071; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Put a proper camera on the M9 and I'll help with their profits.
11. leftheodo (Posts: 95; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
Good for HTC. They deserve more than they get. The M8 is an excellent phone and Sense has become the best android overlay as it was back in 2008. It's nice to see the company that made the first nexus and the first popular android phone ( HTC EVO ), getting back to the game. Btw I own a NOTE 3
15. youlookfoolish (Posts: 173; Member since: 14 Dec 2012)
Top marks, HTC. Great product. Put a real camera in the M9 and you might dominate the world.
17. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Along with a exclusive Cpu, not Snapdragon, cause there are way much better Socs than snapdragon. And PwvrRouge Gpu6630.
18. Slammer (Posts: 1515; Member since: 03 Jun 2010)
This editorial is skewered. From what I'm hearing and reading elsewhere, sales have been stagnant. It is cost cutting measures that have given profit margin for HTC. Not sales.
21. mojtaba_mn (Posts: 268; Member since: 22 Feb 2013)
m8 is great and galaxy f is also toooo ugly like s5