HTC releases videos to promote BlinkFeed
0. phoneArena 23 Mar 2013, 06:02 posted on
While the HTC One might not be coming to the U.S. until the end of next month, it is scheduled to launch this coming week in the U.K., Germany and Taiwan which is why HTC has released a couple of videos about BlinkFeed for the U.K. market; one of the videos gives an idea what the screen is about while the other one shows you how to set up the feature...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. abish1234 (Posts: 51; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
the title blinkfeed is misleading.. i thought the feeds will update when i blink...
4. WyclefJean (Posts: 44; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
Sarcasm or not..i found your comment quite funny :)
19. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
I too felt misled to beleive that, when hungry, i would just blink and be fed.
2. preet27in (banned) (Posts: 173; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
good idea though. happy that finally htc is learning the idea of marketing. the phone is WOW. keep it up. cheers
3. WyclefJean (Posts: 44; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
They are advertising blinkfeed as if its a breathtaking revolution. Its obviously a good feature but not that gr8.
11. zippolite28 (Posts: 106; Member since: 28 Sep 2012)
actually we should accept every good feature Bro ... even if it is not breathtaking ... this is how marketing goes on .. :-)
5. techspace (Posts: 1036; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
i have broken my old galaxy note so i wanted to buy a galaxy s4, but it looks just like the s3, it doesn't seem to be a huge update and the galaxy s3(int version) is being sold for $550...while the s4 gonna be launched for $800 over here, should i get a galaxy s3? its doing well today but i doubt that 1 gb ram will be too less in 6 months or so
one of my friends got the galaxy grand duos for $399, its has a bad display and a relatively slower dual core 1.2 ghz processor but it has 1 gb ram and 2 sim card slots
i am thinking of getting an s3 or should get a galaxy grand and save more money for a nexus 5 (which may not come to india at all)
9. platformwars (Posts: 86; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
I think you should just buy a device for the time being and wait for motorola till may. if it releases a device then its gotta be one awesome pc of hardware combined with the best of the software with the help of Google.. for the time being buy something like the grand duos which is not very expensive or something which is even less expensive.. try ebay, you might get something better at the same price point(Second Hand).. i change my phones very often and normally buy/sell phones through ebay only..
10. techspace (Posts: 1036; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
thanks, i will just get a cheap smartphone for the time being
18. smallworld (Posts: 484; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
Just in case of misunderstanding, I mean this :
HTC Marketing = S U C K S !
7. platformwars (Posts: 86; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
Pretty good.. Im really impressed with the blinkfeed and i think its the differentiating factor for the device.. but with the device being delayed so much.... I think some app developed should release an app similar to this and release it on the play store for all the devices..
If this happens then even before the device is released, its exclusivity is gone.. even though the device has other pretty neat features as well... but none as good as this in my opinion.
12. Technobri (Posts: 84; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
I'm usually not a patient person. But I can't believe I'm considering waiting another month for this phone.. I really don't want another plastic phone that bad
13. bojan (Posts: 188; Member since: 06 Oct 2012)
14. androidrocks (Posts: 61; Member since: 14 Apr 2012)
@bojan i didnt know htc one has object removal and always smile features before...looks great
17. bojan (Posts: 188; Member since: 06 Oct 2012)
i'm suprised they don't market them they are really cool features better than blinkfeed i don't know why phonearena doesn't talk about them i just found out on youtube.
they also have Tell the whole story in one photo
20. amats69 (Posts: 1438; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
they have those object removal feature androidrocks...they show it in the launching event..and the always smile i think HTC one x have this features..just correct me if im wrong
27. androidrocks (Posts: 61; Member since: 14 Apr 2012)
I did not know that these features even existed until i saw those videos (not exaggerating,just my personal opinion). as bojan said, htc should market features like these along with the ultrapixel camera or whatever they call it.
16. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
We already know the BlinkFeed already, just release the d*mn phone HTC!
21. Bob327 (Posts: 14; Member since: 17 Mar 2013)
I know I can DISABLE BLINK FEED other wise .... I would not be sitting here WAITING for the darn HTC ONE to actually hit the stores... I just have absolutely positively no use for that feature that I can think of......
The S3 and S 4 do not interest me because both are PLASTIC and I'm a hands on guy...
Contract expires on April Fools day (appropriate I guess) but I do not want to wait another month...
23. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Hmmmm, it looks like all of the heads should roll, not just Peter Chou. HTC sucks at everything. Pretty bad marketing.
24. procopiojose (Posts: 132; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
"with thc blinkfeed, we will drain the battery that matters to you.."