HTC reiterates commitment to Windows Phone, issues strong Q2 revenue guidance on HTC One sales
0. phoneArena 02 May 2013, 03:56 posted on
HTC gave much more optimistic guidance, thanks to the start of HTC One sales, and said revenue is expected to go up 63% to $2.5 billion. Gross margin is expected to hit 22-24%, while operating margin is to get to 1-3%...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. darkskoliro (Posts: 886; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Like I said, they just needed one more quarter :)
2. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Nice to see HTC keeping close to Windows Phone, it means they trust it with sales.
3. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
Not like the Samesung.
32. chocolaking (Posts: 422; Member since: 22 May 2012)
I think they are on the right track.
It's good to have the smartphone market to be so competative.
the only benefit is to the consumers.
4. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
HTC the BEST!
29. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
^Same here dude.
5. tiara6918 (Posts: 1250; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Htc always the first when it comes to innovation!
16. SleepingOz (Posts: 2491; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
Aluminium body, stereo speakers, blinkfeed..
17. MultiYouTroll (Posts: 29; Member since: 19 Apr 2013)
Aluminum body = N8 has it first
Stereo speakers = Nokia phones had it first
Blinkfeed = really close to timescape and flipboard
26. Muayyad (Posts: 94; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
you realise HTC was first in many things. First touch screen for example. They had many aluminum smartphones before, like the nexus one.
18. Martine (Posts: 102; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
- Stereo speakers have been way before HTC One. Old Nokia phones, Samsung phones, and especially Pureview 808, all had great dual stereo speakers.
- Front speakers were first used by Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1N. Galaxy Note 10.1, Nexus 10 also had dual front speakers.
Aluminium body has been used before HTC One. Nokia N8, Omnia 7, Samsung Wave, Nokia 8800, iPhone 5, Nokia E7, etc
Blinkfeed is not even an innovation, it was inspired by others work E.g Flipboard, pulse widgets and the windows phone Metro UI.
I'll give them the Ultrapixel noise, but that also sounds like a remodel of what Nokia has already done
19. MultiYouTroll (Posts: 29; Member since: 19 Apr 2013)
Prepare for thumbs downs.. and I always thought that pureview(808) is the same as ultrapixel.. i mean, the technology is almost the same
25. b1acktiger (Posts: 197; Member since: 19 May 2012)
Its about the combination of those perfect technology into one phone.
-Front facing speakers on a Flagship Phone with Android OS is 1st.
- We had many Aluminium devices, But those made before the booming of smartphones.
27. LionStone (Posts: 436; Member since: 10 Dec 2010)
Yea nice try...Front facing stereo speakers on a mobile device! Innovate doesn't mean invent. So yea, Blink feed is an innovation. HTC has been first as an LTE device on VZW and the first Nexus and the first to put a 1080p screen on a MOBILE phone.
6. Neurone (Posts: 54; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
With HTC One sales, hope Htc regains its lost ground in terms of market shares
7. poopApple (banned) (Posts: 38; Member since: 12 Apr 2013)
hurts to know that s4 will sell more than this beautiful device. even though htc has increased its marketing budget, its still not enough.
22. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 487; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
I played with both phones at Best Buy the other day. Actually the S4 looked better in person than I anticipated, but the One obviously trumps in the looks department. The Galaxy definitely has some bugs to work out as the cute sales lady couldn't get many of the features such as eye tracker and the "hand hover" mode to work and the display phone crashed in mid-demonstration. I didn't mind as I got to hang out with her a little longer...: ) Anyway the HTC One seemed quick and flawless. The interface is almost Windows Phone-esque which I consider a plus.
24. chocolaking (Posts: 422; Member since: 22 May 2012)
It must be giving the sales a hard time when they have to come up with samsung's bulshhit and theose gimmick features.
I feel bad for that cute girl..
31. Taters (Posts: 2405; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Read my post on the bottom. I haven't used a GS4 yet, but based on the GS3, the GS4 is much much nicer to use than this POS HTC One I have.
8. mr.techdude (Posts: 496; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Very happy with my one x and soon upgrading to 4.2.2 with sense 5 (tegra 3 version)=BOSS plus my mate's and family r all buying the HTC one mainly due to the sxcy design and front stereo speakers, I have hope for HTC windows phone but has to have high end specs and new innovation like the HTC one to take out the stuburn Nokia. Samsung s4 decent but just filled with gimmicks. I love HTC :)
9. Edmund (Posts: 647; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
android is fugly and boring. The best word to describe it would be "outdated".
12. amro99 (Posts: 71; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
No offense, but based on your comment i think you have never had any smartphone in your life, irrespective of its OS!
20. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 4852; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
You're the first person to say Android is fugly, boring and outdated!
Well done, here's an expired cookie for ya and STFU! :P
21. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 487; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
I'd hardly call Android boring. Frequent bugs and crashes is actually pretty exciting.
10. roldefol (Posts: 2855; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
My wife works for a major US based corporation that used to issue employees BlackBerry Bolds. Their standard issue phone is now the Windows 8X. I think both HTC and WP8 have a promising future.
28. xsmartphonex (Posts: 37; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Htc gained a lot of d**k riders this year.
30. Taters (Posts: 2405; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
HTC fan boys don't get the big picture. The reason HTC fails is not because of marketing it. It is because of stupid crap like not receiving notifications on the One X and having to wait 6 months for the update that fixes it.
Now with the HTC One, the capacitive buttons go dead for 20 - 30 seconds and that fix for the carrier versions seem nowhere in site.
Apple and Samsung sell because you can buy a first batch iphone 4s, GS3, and GS4 and not be incredibly frustrated by some problem that never should have been there in the first place.