HTC reiterates Android 4.2.2 update coming to HTC One
0. phoneArena 18 Jun 2013, 04:37 posted on
A tweet sent Monday by carrier Three UK caused an uproar; in response to a question about the upcoming Android 4.2.2 for the HTC One, the carrier responded that HTC had pulled the release with no new date set for the update. As you can imagine, this set off the firestorm. Because the HTC One currently runs on Android 4.1.2, some users have already been suffering from an inferiority complex...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. _Bone_ (Posts: 2147; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Take THAT Samsung, HTC is already pushing out a new Android version.
2. mi55u (unregistered)
what android version?
3. android_hitman (unregistered)
SGS4 was shipped with Android 4.2.2 and HTC said "coming soon" knowing HTC probably they will push it around September.
4. feres13 (Posts: 306; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
5. BillyG (Posts: 305; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
stop being an idiot, read more informations. that link is a BS
6. feres13 (Posts: 306; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
It's the arrier versions that are going to take a while but the international models already got updated
22. kabel (Posts: 46; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
Nobody got the 4.2.2 update, not even the international models. Check your source. If the 4.2.2 was released, it would have been all over XDA. What is circulating right now is a leak, not the official release. It has been discussed at XDA, it is just a leak what some people have ...
9. jonartpop (Posts: 165; Member since: 25 Oct 2012)
Why do you even mention Samsung when you know Samsung is much better at pushing out updates for its Android devices than HTC.
25. sadiqhashim (unregistered)
I just got a minor update on my 32GB unlocked HTC One, the update is 17.55MB
7. supa_dupa (Posts: 78; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
HTC One - old 4.1.2 = smooth, fast no lag
GS4 - new 4.2.2 = lag.
10. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 715; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Ok. that means as soon as HTC One gets updated to 4.2.2 it will start lagging..??? Check ur brains...
13. wrm2013 (Posts: 189; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
Yes more than likely that is what will happen.
17. amats69 (Posts: 1219; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
check your brains? im just curious how many "brains" do a human have?
11. tech2 (Posts: 2860; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
lol.......nice excuse for delay in updates !
BTW, there is a difference between stutter and lag. GS4 'stutters' during animations and transitions but does not 'lag' in any applications or activity.
Also, if you do a bit of reading you'd realise most of those issues are fixed in the MEA update released on 12th June.
15. toondewachter (Posts: 54; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
If an update means that things are getting worse, then yes it is a hall of an excuse to delay that update!
18. amats69 (Posts: 1219; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
LOL! dude just accept it.. GS4 overheat and lags a lot..just accept it so that Samsung will correct this with their coming handsets. stop with this mind conditioning..
23. wrm2013 (Posts: 189; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
I won't buy another galaxy phone unless the screen looks as good as my HTC one, they loose the plastic and figure out how to manage memory like my HTC one. I would be doing nothing on my gs3 and my memory would be at 1.4 gb used. My HTC maintains at 5-700 mgb
26. iushnt (Posts: 888; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
No not at all. I currently have the exynos model and it got 2 minor updates till now..havent yet noticed lag and over heating..i updated as soon as I took it out from the brand new box so I cannot say whether it was laggy before update or not..it feels awesome with s-view cover..
12. wrm2013 (Posts: 189; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
He does have a point. I've owned a gs2 then a gs3. In both cases once a update was pushed my phone lagged apps crashed and my keyboard couldn't keep up with my typing. I do not want this update. I am happy with my 4.1 on my HTC one.
21. jdoee100 (Posts: 334; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
HTC fans are the best. Unfortunately, there are only few left...
16. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
If it was running ice cream sandwhich I'd still get it over the galaxy s4! The appeal alone is enough to want over Sammy's plastic body
27. iushnt (Posts: 888; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
man you got full retard!! Never go full retard!!
20. ahhxd717 (Posts: 330; Member since: 08 Dec 2011)
I kinda wish HTC would just skip this Android update and wait for 4.3 to come out and be ready to push that out ASAP. All 4.2 did for my GNex was make it slower and put a somewhat buggy lockscreen on it. Not much of an update if you ask me. I would like some notification screen toggles though.
24. Taters (Posts: 3875; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I wouldn't want an update from HTC. Any new software from them is so full of deal breaking flaws. They just fixed the button issue. We don't need it to come back with 4.2.2. That is HTC style.