HTC presents "Great Changes in History" to celebrate the HTC One
0. phoneArena 10 Aug 2013, 05:55 posted on
HTC is beginning to feel a little more self confident these days, thanks to the reception accorded to the HTC One; soon we will have the HTC One Mini and then will come the humungous HTC One Max. How good does HTC feel? Well, it might have been written tongue-in-cheek, but while presenting an infographic entitled "Great Changes in History," the Taiwan based manufacturer says, "The HTC One has been called the best phone available today"...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
It's sad that HTC removed their 'Quietly Brilliant' slogan. Never mind, at least the One series still have the 'Quietly Brilliant' during the boot up.
9. Altair (Posts: 367; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Haha offcourse it removed it. Many had a lot of fun with it!
HTC - Quietly stealing
12. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
No matter what, HTC is still quietly brilliant.
15. james004 (Posts: 486; Member since: 15 May 2013)
what is HTC stealing? :/ all their ideas are quiet genuine. they would have taken inspiration from other places but birth of ideas of their phones seem very true.
HTC One X
both flagship stoodout in crowd and others barely matched them
18. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
HTC Advantage X7500. Before the phablet era was even envisioned. Eat that.
32. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
For its time, it was. Like for its time, the 5.0" Dell Streak was. Like for its time the 5.3" Note I was. Getting my point?
3. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1150; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
"HTC One" such an awesome piece of art.
beauty and beast in One, that's HTC one.
Honesty i have never seen such a beautiful smartphone in my life.
I really pray HTC to come back and gain some market share and give some tough challenge competitors.
good luck HTC
and of course they shouldn't have removed the "Quietly brilliant" slogan which seemed very cool to me.
4. khmer (Posts: 95; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
HTC One is a game changer in history for HTC and what is next game changer phone. One will be outdated when the Galaxy S5 come out next year.
8. darkkjedii (Posts: 15653; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
The s4 will be out dated, when the s5 comes out next year. What's your point?
16. Jack58221 (Posts: 143; Member since: 23 Feb 2013)
yes the One and the s4 will be outdated when the s5 comes out, but I think his what will htc do to try and keep the momentum going. if Samsung's phone mold gets worn out and they have to make a new one, what can htc do our change to make sure they don't lose people back to Samsung?
31. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
And the S4 will get updated to Android 5.0 while HTC One dev support dies the day the HTC Ones replacement comes out.
"If Samsung's phone mold gets worn out and they have to make a new one"
Samsung uses the same design for products for 2 years. That is why the S4 looks like the S3. The galaxy s5 and possibly note 3 will have a completely new design.
10. Altair (Posts: 367; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
A game changer in copying history, yes. HTC is nothing but a copycat thief.
HTC - Quietly stealing
14. rizevnarastek (Posts: 338; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
What exactly did they steal to be called a copycat? As far as I'm concerned, others copy from HTC not the other way around ;)
27. Geezy03 (Posts: 43; Member since: 10 Apr 2009)
And what exactly did they steal? Don't worry I'll wait
28. VZWuser76 (Posts: 2704; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
You've mentioned this twice now. Either provide proof of what they stole or knock it off. If anything others have stolen from HTC. They were first to put a skin over top a mobile OS (TouchFlo on WM, which evolved into Sense). Screen unlock going in any direction (not just slide to the right to unlock). Most of the things that they were "accused" of stealing were actually core to android, not something they implemented themselves (universal search, slide to unlock, etc.) Apple originally went after them for the same reason that they went after Samsung, they said HTC's phones looked too much like the iphone, which is ridiculous. Please get your facts straight before making allegations.
17. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
S4 is already outdated. Were you under a rock when G2 was being announced?
19. sniper1087 (Posts: 459; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
maybe the G2 had good specs, like it matters anymore the ONE performs smooth at all times, and the G2 button placement is bogus. The moto x proved that is not about hardware and yes I know 720 display and I had both displays and the difference is very minimal, both are fine but proved to be faster than other flagships while conserving better battery life, LG is trying to copy touchwiz and if you saw their UI in the G@ has become relevant, I am not sure what they are thinking but the resemblance is there, might as well call it G2 with touchwiz.
22. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
Make no mistake, i'm against this spec war myself and have been drooling over the ONE as well. That comment was just for spec-freaks.
38. chocolaking (Posts: 491; Member since: 22 May 2012)
The real game changer was RIM, and they will come back and change the game once again.
Samsung is not looking good at all..ever since S4 introduced..
5. khmer (Posts: 95; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
I am looking at youtube for HTC One water test there is none. Samsung Galaxy S4 can stay in water for more than 2 minutes. Can someone test HTC One in water and post in youtube, thanks.
11. Daftama (Posts: 598; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
You think we have phones lying around.. Give your one ill test it out lol
24. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3150; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
If you have to, look for the Original Galaxy S4 submersion test you slump!
S4 Active aint the real deal.
6. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2026; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Htc needs too improve, in thier QA department...till then, ill take another chance, with thier devices
7. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
I'm a HTC user and I feel ashamed/let down by this.
You get to the top and let others point to your success before you toot about it, more so when it's actually true an not a smoke show more or less.
The one last saving grace of modesty is all but gone from them now too.
20. flynfree (Posts: 374; Member since: 09 Jun 2013)
The only letdown of the htc one is the battery, it is better if it is removable. That's why I use it as back up to my gnote2. That is my honest opinion.
23. Taters (Posts: 4777; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
HTC getting cocky already. Samsung built off of their cult hit the GS2 with the GS3 and GS4. HTC is acting like they already paid their dues. Maybe that is why your getting your ass kicked HTC.
25. giani (Posts: 269; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Yep, + 1 to you sir, and to sammy..for giving us 3 marvelous plastic slabs. And for making us the most pathetic fanboys out there.
Here is to innovation and amazing design, not!
p.s. get the uck out of here plastic sheep.
33. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Just wait the Galaxy s5 won't be plastic and the idiots on this site won't be able to spew plastic hate even though 99% of phones are made of plastic.
36. giani (Posts: 269; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
You keep saying that u plastic troll since s2...Ohhh I know u...shatter number 1 plastic troll u are...don't get me wrong...you are what u belive in...
37. heyhi (Posts: 129; Member since: 19 Feb 2013)
i respect your opinion but what about other brands?? nokia, lg, motorola kind of plastic...its because the HTC and Sony that haters started to talk about plastic...before the One and Z, almost all smartphones were made of plastic or not?? including those 2!! only the iphone were not plastic made...just because they started to make THIS YEAR non plastic, haters started to talk THIS YEAR....tsc tsc...
very closed mind..why dont you talk about some laptops that are made of plastic? because of that they are bad laptops right??
26. willard12 (Posts: 1193; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
Lebron James won 2 championships while promoting the Galaxy Note II. Way to earn yourself a lawsuit by using his likeness HTC.
29. VZWuser76 (Posts: 2704; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
They never said that he was promoting or in any way tied to their devices. They stated a historical fact. How can someone be sued for stating a fact. As far as likeness, when I clicked on the link I assumed the cartoon was Obama. It looks more like him than LeBron.
34. softfurryanus (banned) (Posts: 232; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
Ermagerd Sammsungg is so much betr that be revolutionomizing da industree and all they be doin is flawles mahn if u disgree u a fegit GIT POWNED APLE