HTC pres says 4.3 should come to One and DNA before the end of September
0. phoneArena 19 Aug 2013, 17:16 posted on
Over the weekend, president of global sales at HTC Jason Mackenzie responded to a question on Twitter saying that HTC was working to skip over the Android 4.2.2 update for the HTC One, and jump straight to Android 4.3. That's always good news, but at the time, we had no idea when to expect said updates. Well, Mr. Mackenzie has taken to Twitter once again to give us the answer...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. Shatter (Posts: 2016; Member since: 29 May 2013)
And 5.0 will be a real upgrade not just bug fixes and a few extra features.
3. datsyuk (Posts: 159; Member since: 11 Jan 2012)
So excited for the next Nexus and Android 5.0 announcement.
4. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3992; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Wow, HTC might beat Samsung to getting Android 4.3 to their 2013 flagship. Let's hope they can keep up the support.
10. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8170; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Update hasn't been released yet, so we can't say anything right noe. But given with HTC's upgrade schedule, this seems a little too good to be true.
14. AliNSiddiqui (Posts: 373; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
HTC One X got the 4.1 update before SIII so no, it's not too good to be true.
15. Taters (Posts: 2849; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Somehow I doubt that since the GS3 got it 3 months in.
16. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3992; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
The Galaxy S3 got it 4 months in, not 3. Even then, that version was buggy so the update was stopped and resumed about a month later, so really it was almost 5 months in. Anyways, that guy is still wrong, the Galaxy S3 and One X got their 4.1 update within 2 weeks of each other, the Galaxy S3 getting it first.
12. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
HTC saying September means November at earliest
6. thekai12 (Posts: 25; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
I think HTC is finally learning to update their phones better and I hope that my htc one vx get sense 5
7. flynfree (Posts: 374; Member since: 09 Jun 2013)
Six months, since the release! Maybe this is the last phone I bought from hTc, but... If they make a variant of One with removable battery, I'll still get it.
8. dorianb (Posts: 380; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
If you hit select all in the tweet you'll see that hidden in white font it says....
*Verizon customers should see this update reach Verizon Headquarters the last week of Sept., but will not receive Verizon certification till March 2014.*
9. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8170; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I call BS. HTC promises updates and they always get delayed. HTC Thunderboldt, Sensation, Desire, and One S to name a few. I'd take this with the tiniest grain of salt.
11. Edmund (Posts: 654; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
Meanwhile One X owners only get updated to 4.2.2
13. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Root n ROM, cm10.2 will be available shortly
18. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3992; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I'm sure the One X will get 4.3, but the reason why it didn't skip 4.2 like the DNA and the One (in some countries) is because by the time 4.3 came out, the 4.2.2 update for the One X was almost finished, so rather than just trashing the 4.2 update and making the consumers wait for a 4.3 update, they just sent out the 4.2 update and started development on the 4.3 update.
I would rather get an update for 4.2 knowing a 4.3 update is coming soon rather than stay on 4.1 and wait for a 4.3 update.
19. HASHTAG (unregistered)
I'm not a S4 user, but the S4 will probably skip 4.3 and go directly to 5.0 while the HTC will stay on 4.3 for who knows how long.