HTC prepping a new Windows Phone flagship for Verizon
0. phoneArena 09 May 2014, 23:19 posted on
If anyone had any doubts about what HTC may be working on outside of the Android sphere of activity...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. FriendsOfSamsung (unregistered)
Do people still buy Windows phone?
6. ihavenoname (Posts: 1693; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Yes, but I'm not so sure after M$ removes Nokia brand. And basicly only 520 is selling really well. 630 is a great phone though, so I'd expect it to be successful.
34. sgodsell (Posts: 3761; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
I love how the auther said "Spec-wise, nothing has been leaked yet, but because it is a Windows Phone, we know it will have a Qualcomm Snapdragon processor. Because this is purported to be a class leader, we can surmise that the CPU will be a quad-core unit, thus we will go with a Snapdragon 801 or maybe even an 805."
First of all WP only supports Qualcomm CPUs period. Microsoft's WP does not support any other CPU from any other vendor. That's why you never see any other WP 8.x device run on any other CPU.
57. gustavoace (Posts: 180; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Not sure why they dont make a WP version of HTC M8. You could choose your system instead of your hardware
95. sgodsell (Posts: 3761; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
Oh why don't they make all the lumia devices so you can add Android on them.
63. corporateJP (Posts: 2431; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
WP may very well die with Nokia branding.
If it does, it will serve MS right for that stunt they pulled...
Karma is like your ex.
67. papss (unregistered)
Show me proof that they did anything... If not you can stfu and are speculating
70. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2071; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Ignore such shills. Their sad lives have no action or entertainment, hence they make up BS in their heads and crap it on tech sites.
72. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Stop being jelly and accept the truth
Truth is vain for WP users to swallow
74. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
How can you continue to stand this crap?
Listening to these jealous haters day, after day... Phone Arena supports these haters.. The whole site is run by haters, so you can never expect peace here..
These guys are truly worthless in their opinion about WP. Who cares....
83. tigermcm (Posts: 855; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
this is why I pretty much only read and comment on WP articles on WPcentral
84. papss (unregistered)
That's where I'm starting to go specifically (wpcentral is a MUCH better site) This site and its bloggers/posters are really of lower intelligence these past few months.
93. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
PA sucks.. They punish WP fans, who try to stop the trolling, and support the real trolls.. Their reviews are pathetically biased, and unprofessional.. Mobile Nations is where its at.. That's why you barely see me wasting my time with this crap anymore...
WPC is awesome, and you can actually read the comments without having to filter through the BS...
94. papss (unregistered)
What?? Robot Ray and the rest? Lol yeah they are idiots for sure. Its even worse I their videos... The android and WP central has real reporting and professionalism..
92. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Exactly... Even the Android fans on WPcentral are mature, and have valuable comments... These kids on PA are just pathetic..
85. papss (unregistered)
You sir are correct. I try to be the anchor and voice of WP...
8. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Not in your Samsung la la Land of course.
10. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2071; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Idk about WP, but certainly NOBODY buys your crap. Go back to your cheap plastic toy.
14. hurrycanger (Posts: 1566; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
At least cut out the "but certainly NOBODY buys your crap" part.
I mean really, who buys crap and for what purpose? Smell it?
As for his cheap plastic toys, they sell really well. ;)
19. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
FYI, NFTW is going through hard times with the recent 30% decline in Nokia sales. Although he is lashing out at others, on the inside he is struggling with his misguided faith, trying to admit he has a problem.
50. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Also do you realise the WP and Nokia users are so angry and violent cause Nokia WP has only peanut 4% market share vs Android 80% and ios leading 2nd
28. volcano (Posts: 348; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
people like you still exist in our world ?
29. Liveitup (Posts: 1798; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Yes millions do, apparently over 13 million was sold in the last quarter of this year, you must have just come out of a coma you missed a lot including Samsung being inspired by WP flat UI.
89. jroc74 (Posts: 6014; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Do you really think Flat design started with WP? Do I have to link you to WebOS article again....which was doing flat design before WP even launched?
Android was going to it when they hired the former WebOS guy....which was also before WP launched...
91. jroc74 (Posts: 6014; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Gotta give credit to WebOS. Google and others were smart that hired former WebOS people..
35. papss (unregistered)
Do people still care what you think? The best part is your thumbs up... Pathetic ignorant fandroids as a whole.
36. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
probably the diehard ones, you cant judge them all like this.