HTC prepping a new Windows Phone flagship for Verizon
0. phoneArena 09 May 2014, 23:19 posted on
If anyone had any doubts about what HTC may be working on outside of the Android sphere of activity...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. FriendsOfSamsung (unregistered)
Do people still buy Windows phone?
6. ihavenoname (Posts: 1569; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Yes, but I'm not so sure after M$ removes Nokia brand. And basicly only 520 is selling really well. 630 is a great phone though, so I'd expect it to be successful.
34. sgodsell (Posts: 1839; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
I love how the auther said "Spec-wise, nothing has been leaked yet, but because it is a Windows Phone, we know it will have a Qualcomm Snapdragon processor. Because this is purported to be a class leader, we can surmise that the CPU will be a quad-core unit, thus we will go with a Snapdragon 801 or maybe even an 805."
First of all WP only supports Qualcomm CPUs period. Microsoft's WP does not support any other CPU from any other vendor. That's why you never see any other WP 8.x device run on any other CPU.
57. gustavoace (Posts: 118; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Not sure why they dont make a WP version of HTC M8. You could choose your system instead of your hardware
95. sgodsell (Posts: 1839; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
Oh why don't they make all the lumia devices so you can add Android on them.
63. corporateJP (Posts: 2228; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
WP may very well die with Nokia branding.
If it does, it will serve MS right for that stunt they pulled...
Karma is like your ex.
67. papss (unregistered)
Show me proof that they did anything... If not you can stfu and are speculating
70. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Ignore such shills. Their sad lives have no action or entertainment, hence they make up BS in their heads and crap it on tech sites.
72. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Stop being jelly and accept the truth
Truth is vain for WP users to swallow
74. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3570; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
How can you continue to stand this crap?
Listening to these jealous haters day, after day... Phone Arena supports these haters.. The whole site is run by haters, so you can never expect peace here..
These guys are truly worthless in their opinion about WP. Who cares....
83. tigermcm (Posts: 811; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
this is why I pretty much only read and comment on WP articles on WPcentral
84. papss (unregistered)
That's where I'm starting to go specifically (wpcentral is a MUCH better site) This site and its bloggers/posters are really of lower intelligence these past few months.
93. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3570; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
PA sucks.. They punish WP fans, who try to stop the trolling, and support the real trolls.. Their reviews are pathetically biased, and unprofessional.. Mobile Nations is where its at.. That's why you barely see me wasting my time with this crap anymore...
WPC is awesome, and you can actually read the comments without having to filter through the BS...
94. papss (unregistered)
What?? Robot Ray and the rest? Lol yeah they are idiots for sure. Its even worse I their videos... The android and WP central has real reporting and professionalism..
92. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3570; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Exactly... Even the Android fans on WPcentral are mature, and have valuable comments... These kids on PA are just pathetic..
85. papss (unregistered)
You sir are correct. I try to be the anchor and voice of WP...
8. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Not in your Samsung la la Land of course.
10. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Idk about WP, but certainly NOBODY buys your crap. Go back to your cheap plastic toy.
14. hurrycanger (Posts: 1446; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
At least cut out the "but certainly NOBODY buys your crap" part.
I mean really, who buys crap and for what purpose? Smell it?
As for his cheap plastic toys, they sell really well. ;)
19. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
FYI, NFTW is going through hard times with the recent 30% decline in Nokia sales. Although he is lashing out at others, on the inside he is struggling with his misguided faith, trying to admit he has a problem.
50. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Also do you realise the WP and Nokia users are so angry and violent cause Nokia WP has only peanut 4% market share vs Android 80% and ios leading 2nd
28. volcano (Posts: 268; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
people like you still exist in our world ?
29. Liveitup (Posts: 1751; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Yes millions do, apparently over 13 million was sold in the last quarter of this year, you must have just come out of a coma you missed a lot including Samsung being inspired by WP flat UI.
89. jroc74 (Posts: 5245; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Do you really think Flat design started with WP? Do I have to link you to WebOS article again....which was doing flat design before WP even launched?
Android was going to it when they hired the former WebOS guy....which was also before WP launched...
91. jroc74 (Posts: 5245; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Gotta give credit to WebOS. Google and others were smart that hired former WebOS people..
35. papss (unregistered)
Do people still care what you think? The best part is your thumbs up... Pathetic ignorant fandroids as a whole.
36. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3667; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
probably the diehard ones, you cant judge them all like this.
38. papss (unregistered)
Yes I agree... Lashing out is never the way
39. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3667; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
he is pathetic and a disgrace for us. But hey sometimes he is fun. like.....
"Samsung designs are world class, and it's going to get even better in the future, kudos to this guy"
45. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Why does WP still exist
It should.ve been gone like Windows Mobile
54. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
That's off topic NokiaFtw stay on the topic
59. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Oh look who's telling me stay on topic everyone!
86. papss (unregistered)
Exactly.. I swear these fandroids are down right lower intelligent folks..
87. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
You can't have decent conversation with fan boys
Ab hominem attack
62. Zinone (Posts: 1; Member since: 10 May 2014)
Yes, if your a productive person and live a productive life, if you not, just a social media person who is not productive in life, then the iPhone or Samsung smartphones is the right chose for you?
65. robcar (Posts: 78; Member since: 18 Jan 2011)
It's just the beginning of something big .. WP is just ahead of its time. ;)
68. Jillxz (Posts: 147; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
They sure do and with the new Windows 8.1 there will be many more. Infact , I have the Verizon LG G2 and my next phone will be a WP. But I want the Nokia phone.
79. csoulr666 (Posts: 95; Member since: 04 Nov 2013)
Windows phone has a more refined experience than Android and also very a easy learning curve
And before anyone questions the app gap, Please don't............. WP8 has most of the apps covered already.
2. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3667; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Looks like just verizon likes to take risks on WP flagships :-P
12. elitewolverine (Posts: 2744; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
They took risk on the droid, in fact imo they are the ones that made it popular with their droid ads before droid was even known.
80. jroc74 (Posts: 5245; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Lets not forget to give Motorola some credit by having a decent phone....before the Droid 1, there really wasnt a decent Android phone.
30. Liveitup (Posts: 1751; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Exactly, they are the biggest carriers, WP will continue to grow with their support.
47. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
It's not selling well cause no one in USA likes WP
No carriers wanted to sell WP phone cause it hardly has any apps and games
77. elitewolverine (Posts: 2744; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
Oh, you mean like how droid had just millions of apps on launch day?
Not selling? Meh all you see is 2, half the phone sales for android are low-mid end phones, and half the people I deal with daily doesn't even know what android is. They still use the word 'smartphone' as any phone with a touch screen. They sell because for over a year I could stump a sales associate who was so stuck on selling a droid he didn't want to show me iphones, bb, or win, simply because he didn't know the hardware/software.
3. apocalypsebc (Posts: 148; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
It would be nice to see a Windows Phone variant of the HTC One M8
4. djripster (Posts: 136; Member since: 10 Dec 2011)
A HTC One M8 running Windows Phone 8.1 would be a sweet deal... Nokia hasn't gotten anything design wise that can match the M8
31. Liveitup (Posts: 1751; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
The 930 is an awesome smartphone. I look at videos cause you get to see the devices in action, HTC one vs Lumia 930.
5. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
It will be truly laughable to see HTC's dork duo try and compare their 4MP camera fail to Nokia's cameras.
7. fzacek (Posts: 2375; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Verizon needs to stop hogging all these phones. Those days are over. Manufacturers need to sell their devices unlocked if they want them to sell...
9. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Yep. After more good quality Chinese phones make it over to the US, the days of spending twice as much or more on a locked phone with poorer specs will be over.
My guess is that many people would much rather pay $300 total for something like an unlocked OnePlus One vs. a $200 down payment on a locked HTC One M8 (plus additional payments adding up to $700 or more).
16. AfterShock (Posts: 3697; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Totally agree with the sentiment in the last part of your post.
After reading it a dark cloud came over my thoughts on it that said to me some big profitable company with a boat load of lawyers will somehow try an block sales of more Chinese phones somehow.
To combat their declining margins from that. If its possible to do it, one of them will use the law.
This time though if law or politics get involved it could have a serious ripple effect to it.
But until that time, bring them little pocket rockets to us in N/A ASAP.
20. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
The lawyers concern me too. The US energy companies were worried about affordable energy and they successfully blocked the sale of inexpensive Chinese solar panels in the US. Now some are available, but with massive tariffs. I hope this story does not repeat with Chinese cell phones.
11. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Pleas let it be a WP version of the M8. And please release it internationally HTC!
15. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3667; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
As if you gonna buy it, nokia fanboy.