HTC patents dual-screen slider; don't hold your breath for a launch
0. phoneArena 16 Apr 2013, 15:52 posted on
HTC has patented a dual-screen slider and maybe there was a time when the Taiwan based manufacturer would have taken all the hard work they came up with in the lab and put it to good use, especially a model with a hidden screen that slides out to form one unified screen; HTC most likely would not get the developer support it would need to make this work...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. ahmed_ali_yossef2010 (Posts: 164; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
I won't hold my breath the 4.7 inch screen is very sufficient to me and if i wanted bigger screen I would buy galaxy note device
I think it's a poor idea
3. chocolaking (Posts: 494; Member since: 22 May 2012)
I think HTC is coming strong this year with the ONE.
one to rule them alllll!
7. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Outdated 1 month after release by Nexus 5 and Motorola X, also Motorolas phones look better IMO. It can't really rule anything either... Not much faster than last years flagships and it has the same hardware with a 30% faster cpu thats it, snapdragon 800 and Tegra 4 are the last arm devices that do good. Then the Intel invasion begins when they drop the Quad core Baytrail bomb on Arm.
8. chistoefurpuffer (Posts: 140; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
Yeeeaaah HTC didn't come back yet... They still need to stop being horrible at updating their devices, make sense more practical, (come on, blink feed?) and so on.
10. supa_dupa (Posts: 78; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Let me guess, you're poor taiwanese student? A man with a hat with Samsung logo gave you 20 bucks...
4. moronman66 (Posts: 162; Member since: 09 Jan 2012)
I think there might be a typo with the title, the word "breathe" is a verb, I'm pretty sure that it would be correct to say don't hold your breath, which is a noun. Grammar nazi, I know, blah blah blah, but anyways, an interesting and impractical concept for a phone that's kind of been done before
5. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
It's fine. I got annoyed by the very same thing. PA should take a minute to check these things, it's not like this is a livestream or something! I'm sure everyone can wait the extra 30 seconds for the PA staff to check their grammar.
6. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3606; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Yup! 'Breath' should be right.
I guess PA people hold their 'breathe' when they can't 'breath' the air.
9. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Ahhh.....a dual-screen slider smartphone.....interesting HTC! Interesting! :)