HTC patent infringement claim against Apple dismissed by ITC
0. phoneArena 18 Feb 2012, 22:15 posted on
HTC, despite purchasing S3 for $300 million to gain control of the firm's patents, is now 0 for 2 against Apple as the ITC followed up its initial ruling in favor of the Cupertino based firm in a infringement suit, by dismissing HTC's request for an appeal...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. bvalde09 (Posts: 171; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Could we serioulsy stop this BS This is getting ridiculous and Im tired of lawsuit. FOCUS ON THE CUSTOMERS
2. gallitoking (Posts: 4623; Member since: 17 May 2011)
Both HTC and Apple have a toll free number for the customer...if you need help
7. parkwaydr (Posts: 572; Member since: 07 Sep 2011)
Your user icon fits you well gallito, much like that show you are pointless, annoying, and very rarely mildly humorous.
21. bvalde09 (Posts: 171; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Lol. Ok But seriously look how much money the have spent on lawsuits. Like the "slide to unlock". You are a consumer at the end right? why dont apple put that money down to give us a good device? I was expecting the Iphone 4s to be something out of the world but it wasnt. Wouldnt you agree that they could do so much better if the focus on the customers?
19. Lucas777 (Posts: 2121; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
did u not consider they might just be right? or wud apple actually being in the right just be impossible…
24. thnkthru3 (Posts: 70; Member since: 25 Dec 2011)
The odds against their being "right" 100% of the time are high.The fact that apple has more money than the federal government...yet they contnuously focus on legal rather than product developement means for taking out the competition. This is what I find so annoying. I love their products but they halve already reached that "too big to fail" status. I don"t want to live in the "United States of Apple"
25. Lucas777 (Posts: 2121; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
how are they not focusing on product development? they are releasing mac os once a year (more than in years past) and are releasing new ipads, iphones, and ipods every year… even rumored to be working on tv
and they arent 100% of the time… just often
4. aztaxia12295 (Posts: 263; Member since: 22 Nov 2009)
the itc is apples female dog.
HTC should sue the ITC for the last two letters in its name.
5. Devon (Posts: 11; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Can Phonearena please stop quoting Fosspatents on this stuff like these. We all know Florian hates Google so much that he gives a spin that everything is going bad for google but when MS or Apple is in trouble he downplays it. Just quote reuters then.
14. sprockkets (Posts: 836; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
His reporting is fine, but his analysis is a bit off. Just remember the guy uses a Samsung Galaxy Note, and had an Galaxy S phone.
6. roscuthiii (Posts: 1658; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Patents: The new landmines. Get as many of them as you can out there; You only need one in the right place and the right time to freeze a company in it's tracks.
8. remixfa (Posts: 13901; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
bribe the right judge = ban the wrong product
9. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5148; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
And if Google's notification patent application is allowed as filed, Apple will be in a world of hurt. Can you imagine iOS without a notification function? Or, better yet, iOS with a notification function that does not display messages?
What goes around comes around.
10. Adianshadows (Posts: 66; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
but then that wouldn't be innovative!!!
16. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5148; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
The truth will set the haters free. They just have to accept the truth.
18. paulyyd (Posts: 320; Member since: 08 Jan 2011)
i think YOU need to just let it go, you got a lot of spite towards apple. maybe cause your s**tty android phone gets outdated two weeks after its launch lolz
17. Devon (Posts: 11; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Fosspatents is for lazy writers, Florian would spam thousands of journalists with his story and writers , some are being lazy, just post it with a few words different here and there. He does sound correct, but as sprockkets said, his analysis is way off. He is a known MS lobbyis, is against free software and may not really be pro-Apple, but against Google all the way.
22. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5462; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
As long Apple pays these greedy ass judges. HTC or Samsung can't win. WHICH I SAY IS UNFAIR in buisness practice. Apple should be ashame of themselves for not competing against someone. all they care bout is their stocks staying high.