HTC officially confirms Jelly Bean update plans for HTC One X, One XL and One S
“We know HTC fans are excited to get their hands on Google’s latest version of Android. At this point in time, we can confirm that we have plans to upgrade our HTC One X, HTC One XL and HTC One S to Jelly Bean. Please stay tuned for more updates regarding device upgrades, timing and other details about HTC and Jelly Bean,” HTC said.
Sadly, the lower-end HTC One V is out of that list, so the few-month old, affordable handset is left stuck with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.
source: HTC via TheVerge
1. wendygarett posted on 20 Jul 2012, 02:52 2
htc you better give oneV an update otherwise I will never loyal to your product anymore.
I will never entertain the excuses like single core 512MB or something like that, it just a minor update so you better be do it RIGHT NOW!!!
5. neutralguy posted on 20 Jul 2012, 03:21 8
Ohh sorry for that master. We will! we will update your one V. and for that just YOUR one v will get the JB. Please, stay loyal to us.
7. vladd100 posted on 20 Jul 2012, 04:13 8
Hahahaha,you bought the cheapest and lowest one ,,and you expect a major update..???hahahahah
11. bobfreking55 posted on 20 Jul 2012, 04:53 5
i dont think it matters. even the Nexus S gets updates at that hardware.
the UI and manufacturer's fault. if not, carrier.
13. darkskoliro posted on 20 Jul 2012, 05:26 5
f**k you wendy stop trolling. always posting bullsht -.-
2. pokharkarsaga posted on 20 Jul 2012, 03:00 1
android 4.1 can run smoothly even on 128 mb ram and 800 mhz cpu as it has Vsync feature that allows triple buffering.so it depends on OEM's laziness or OEM's business after all.
6. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 20 Jul 2012, 03:25 1
We are left wondering why project Butter came so late.
14. darkskoliro posted on 20 Jul 2012, 05:28 0
you have any confirmation? if so i wanna try jb on a low end device, sick of 2.3.6 haha
16. neutralguy posted on 20 Jul 2012, 05:39 1
are you sure about this? 128 mb ram? 800Mhz cpu? and will run smoothly? HOW?
3. Tsepz_GP posted on 20 Jul 2012, 03:05 7
There's a reason why they said: " Please stay tuned for more updates regarding device upgrades, timing and other details about HTC and Jelly Bean.”
HTC did the same with ICS, they 1st announced that their high ends would get it then later added more devices, this is how it works, latest and greatest get 1st preference.
Ofcourse, many idiots will ignore that part and complain. :) ah well.
8. Mitchel posted on 20 Jul 2012, 04:16 4
August 31, 2012.. The same exact date Note 2 will be introduced..
10. andro. posted on 20 Jul 2012, 04:53 1
The HTC one v is a fairly entry level phone from HTC,but comes with ics out of the box unlike alot of flagships phones as well as having the very current top level of HTC sense. For a phone of this price its extremely good and has decent specs,and where stocks last still comes bundled with ibeats headsets,what more could you ask for?! The certainly looks like Victor here in his last line or two of the article is portraying a very IOS view of 'android is fragmented'
12. kamil posted on 20 Jul 2012, 05:21 1
i hope the htc sense 4.X is going to be smoother than the current sense UI since project butter it is one of jelly bean's main features.
17. e.wvu (unregistered) posted on 20 Jul 2012, 05:51 0
Expect the update by the early of next year.
18. tanim posted on 20 Jul 2012, 05:56 0
What about my G1...
Guys stop trolling. Get a job and Buy BETTER Phones...... Period
19. ImHungry posted on 20 Jul 2012, 08:33 0
if you want a low end phone that you know would get jelly bean, you should have got the nexus s.
23. preet27in posted on 21 Jul 2012, 07:48 0
woaaa. i own THE ONE X. happy about it. jb s gna make my gadget flyyy..... thanx htc.......