HTC might launch M4 and G2 more affordable phones after the M7
0. phoneArena 01 Feb 2013, 08:34 posted on
The HTC M7 is expected to make a splash with an official debut on February 18th, but HTC has got two more eggs in its basket - the HTC M4 and HTC G2…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1421; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
G2 ...wasnt that the first Android phone?
3. wendygarett (unregistered)
You got me lol
5. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3116; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
No. The first Android phone was the G1, but there is a G2. The HTC Desire Z was released as the T-Mobile G2 in the United States. Even though HTC made it, it's name was the T-Mobile G2, not HTC G2. It still might cause some confusion if that's the final name for it though.
7. Jonathan41 (Posts: 532; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
Your thinking of the HTC G1. The HTC G2 (or Desire Z) was it's successor. I don't think HTC would release two phones with the same exact name which leads me to believe that these are code names. Hopefully all these phone will make up the next generation of the One series instead of once again creating yet another set of names.
26. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1122; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
G2 and all is good mate but would you look at the camera on the mid-ranger M4...13MP??!!!
since when does a 13 mp camera come on a mid-ranger?
44. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4154; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Since there is the existence of crappy lenses and software. 13 MP doesn't mean it's automatically good.
42. RiseAgainst94 (Posts: 281; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
Yikes, the M4's battery is going to be terrible. 1700 mAh? You know better HTC haven't you learned from the very similar One X?
45. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4154; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Sure, if you look just at the numbers. You have to factor in the power saving changes between the M4 and the One X;
Lower clocked CPU
Sense 5.0 that will bring much needed battery improvements
That should equal much better battery life than the One X.
2. wendygarett (unregistered)
I'm disappointing the G2 specs, hope the device super cheap otherwise no one buy it
12. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
nearly equal to iphone specs lol and people pay 700$to isht:)
20. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
We all know that's not true .
IPhone 5 is a high end device with high end specs .
The specs of the g2 is close to the iPhone 4 and the iPhone 4 does not cost 700 dollars .
33. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
If you want to bash the iPhone , bash it with real facts . You look stupid and you're embarrassment to android fans like me .
Give the iPhone credit where the iPhone is due , the iPhone 5 outperformed the Galaxy crap 3 in sun spider .
Although I would rather have a HTC Butterfly over the iPhone 5
47. Raymond_htc (Posts: 430; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
How bout the M4? :)
BOTH the iPhone 4S and M4 have the same speed... woops.. M4 is 200mhz faster, and both are dual cores. :)
34. bigdawg23 (Posts: 407; Member since: 25 May 2011)
g2 is a single core. IPhone 5 is a dual core with much higher GPU. Comparing many of the HTC devices to an iPhone 5 is just wrong.
I loved my Tmobile G2. What is sad it had 512MB ram, 5mP, 8gbn and single core 800 MHz snap dragon under clock for battery preformance.
38. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Me too , I love my galaxy s2 after I root it and flash it with cyanogen mod 10 . Not going back to the iPhone 4S .
18. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
G2 is basically a f**ked up One V .
4. chrisk (Posts: 4; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
4G and 1700mAh battery - there's always something HTC blows.
8. Jonathan41 (Posts: 532; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
Yeah, I don't know what's up with HTC and battery capacity. It's pretty important that the phone actually be on if your going to use it and all. I would love to see them go all out with a huge battery soon.
23. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
I think that might be more than enough on these phones... The dual core HTC Sensation only had 1500mah. With the current CPU chip technology, 1700mah should be good enough for the M4. The only part I think is stupid is the internal memory. They should up it to at least 32GB.
6. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3135; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
M4 sounds decent...except for the battery.
But G2 should atleast have 1GB RAM...too bad.
9. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4154; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Don't get too disappointed with the battery, Sense 5.0 might have some battery improvements within it. Plus, HTC devices usually have pretty outstanding standby time, and that kind of makes up for the sub par on screen time.
16. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3135; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Maybe, as i see that sense 5 has reduced visual appeal, replaced by a subtle looking UI. This might actually help, yes.
40. joey_sfb (Posts: 3827; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Their battery improvements is to auto end background thread making apps the depend on it incompatible.
When the problem is feedback to them HTC claim that its sense's feature.
10. kobainez (Posts: 310; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Xperia huashan gt better processor than this
13. N-fanboy (Posts: 538; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
I wouldn't call the m4 'mid-range'. I mean its specs are better than that of the iphone 5 lol.
30. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1682; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Phones from 2011 have better specs than an iPhone 5 LOL
17. dmakun (Posts: 234; Member since: 06 Jun 2011)
HTC appears to be gearing for yet another year of losses with the "rumoured" specs here, they won't stand a against the oems from China. How I wish they'd act "brilliantly" with this year's products. Max up the device batteries for goodness sake! & make available the option of SD card slot.
Otherwise, HTC won't be getting my dime this year.
19. ojdidit84 (Posts: 424; Member since: 16 Jul 2011)
The specs aren't too bad considering these are midrange and entry level offerings. Unless you're expecting high end superphone specs from a mid range phone in which case, wrong phones to look for. The only disappointments are the usual suspects: battery and SD card (or lack thereof). The ram on the G2 is a little disappointing too.
21. takay0 (Posts: 144; Member since: 25 Mar 2012)
m4 sounds good for me... 4.3 inch is what i like
ohh.... 1700 mAh and 720p? well.. maybe its not that good... why HTC put poor battery all the time?!
24. jbishop8135 (Posts: 6; Member since: 19 Apr 2011)
Can't wait to see the HTC M4. Looks like my HTC Droid Incredible 4G is getting replaced.
25. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Reasonable specs for the mid range device, besides, 720p is a more than decent resolution for a screen this size but the limited storage without an SD Card may be off putting to some. On the bright side, at least it has got the latest version of Android and not 4.1. The G2, ICS?? HTC weren't lying when they said their phones with 512 MB of RAM wouldn't be making the cut past ICS.
28. Red-Pain (Posts: 33; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
just going to wait for the design leaks and if it's anywhere like the design of the htc one s then im totally in !!! :D
31. Taters (Posts: 3742; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
The Xiaomi phone 2 is more powerful than the M4 unless that dual core is a true A15.
32. scsa852k (Posts: 320; Member since: 16 Oct 2012)
What the heck is the point of wasting their money with launching a device like G2??
One S or even HTC Amaze is a lot better than that piece of crap.
35. darkskoliro (Posts: 1038; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Stop complaining about the g2, is supposed to be a budget phone.
36. 9thWonderful (Posts: 232; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
Eh...next. I've grown bored of anything HTC. Pathetic battery life, same old designs, & mediocre layout. Samsung has perfected TouchWiz to a point where if I am going to go Android, most likely would stick with Samsung.
39. ngo2dd (Posts: 896; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
Same old design. So my EVO LTE look like the one x which look like the one s. And the 8X look like those as well.
43. andynaija (Posts: 535; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
I know I had a 3.5in screen and I thought it was pretty big until I compared it with a 4in and I was woah!
46. johnnh (Posts: 37; Member since: 18 Dec 2012)
Then I had a 4.7 inch and everything was damned to be small