HTC loves its profits, won't make low-cost phones
1. Luuthian (Posts: 234; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
That's fine with me... The world needs more than Apple alone to produce high-quality handsets. Choice is always a good thing.
5. Jobes (Posts: 364; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
You say that like Apple its the only company capable of putting out high quality phones.. Last I checked Apple IPhones aren't every best on the market.
10. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
maybe u shudnt read into a HTC ARTICLE like that…
17. Luuthian (Posts: 234; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
I didn't mean for it to sound that way.
The thing is, Apple produces high quality sets ONLY, and is the only company out there other than, I suppose, HTC who does such a thing. Samsung, Sony, LG, etc. offer mid and low range handsets on top of their high cost phones.
You have to admit it's insane that Apple only releases one phone a year, and yet their company does incredible business and phone sales. Everyone else has to attack the market with multiple options.
...Not that I'm an iPhone fan personally. But credit is due where credit is due.
2. denney (Posts: 98; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
You seem to be in a very productive mood today.
PhoneArena, give this man a raise.
3. tomast (Posts: 50; Member since: 16 Oct 2011)
Bs tell me why my Evo 3d has the worst screen i ever seen on a high end phone??
6. denney (Posts: 98; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
It is probably because it is first generation 3D phone technology. One thing I learned from the HTC G1 is to never buy the first of anything, ever.
11. belovedson (Posts: 832; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
i own the 3d and umm its not that bad. i recently saw a thunderbolt, i dont know if it was the guys rom but the screen was bad
13. ArmageddonX (Posts: 96; Member since: 11 May 2011)
I'm not sure what you're smoking but the screen on the Evo 3D is beautiful.
18. Luuthian (Posts: 234; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
He might mean the actual 3D option itself looks bad? When you turn 3D on everything becomes pixelated. But you kind of have to expect that when turning on 3D cuts the pixels in half.
21. JEEPOFFROADV8 (Posts: 35; Member since: 01 Apr 2009)
lol, i own a evo3d and i love the screen. the colors are spot on and the rez is great. i had a sgs2 and returned it cuz of the oversaturated screen and colors was way off. yes the blacks were great but i couldnt live with the rest of it. so i'm not sure what you are even talking about.
4. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 813; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
Its their decision anyway, and it's profiting them as their sales are rising. . .
7. DroogV59 (Posts: 37; Member since: 02 Jun 2011)
`....and took over as the number one shipper of smartphones in the world.`` - the (seriously flawed) figures shown in the linked article relate to the US only - not the world.
8. threeline (Posts: 266; Member since: 11 Sep 2011)
Well the Evo Design is a damn good phone for a 100 bucks, so if that's low quality then that's good for customers! Even though I'm going super high-end with my next phone it's nice to see phones like the Evo Design out there for people who wanna stay middle of the road and if the high end gets out my price range I can still get a decent phone. 1.2gHz, 4' S-LCD qHD, 1.3mp front cam and 5mp on the back is not low quality. So thanks HTC.
12. belovedson (Posts: 832; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
isnt the epic the same price range now? i would rather rock the epic.
16. threeline (Posts: 266; Member since: 11 Sep 2011)
I have the Epic now and its decent but samsung/sprint won't update it to 2.3. The Evo. Design has higher resolution, faster processor and decent shot at getting ICS. We know the epic will not and its already reached EOL.
14. VZW4LIFE (Posts: 34; Member since: 11 Jun 2011)
Good for HTC!!!!! I have absolutely no problems with their business strategy. As long as the phone has the features & specifications to justify the price, I'd have no problem with spending $500+ (subsidized cost) on a smartphone.
15. lubba (Posts: 1313; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
You're making boatloads of money making top quality phones and your gonna turn around and waste time and money to make lower quality ones. For what reason when everyone is already buying the top quality. Good call HTC. Don't listen to those left wing right wing fanatics. They're just out to pull you down while you're on top.
19. ibap (Posts: 735; Member since: 09 Sep 2009)
Now where does the little blurb on the PhoneArena home page come from? There is text there that isn't even in the article itself, or in the cited pieces.
20. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
They just released the Wildfire.. a whole 528mhz 3.5 inch android phone.. yea.. thats premium allright. lolol
And they sent us like 30 of the darn things.. that no one ever buys. no wonder they "shipped more" than others.. lol.
22. ngo2dd (Posts: 896; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
Wow for someone who sell cell phone and act like you know everything about phone you can't be more inform. The wildfire is no longer made. It is a wildfire S for S-LCD, it is 600mHz and 3.2 inch. with 512 mb ram. It been out for over 8 month now. It is not a premium phone but compare that to some of samsung phone in the same prices and you can sell it is a premium phone compare to them.
24. corporateJP (Posts: 2431; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
Profit, profit....homey, I got it....