HTC hung out in Times Square during Samsung's event
0. phoneArena 19 Mar 2013, 09:09 posted on
During the introduction of the Samsung Galaxy S 4 last Thursday in Times Square, a crew from HTC was hanging around a couple of blocks away making sure that passing New Yorkers got to experience the HTC One; filming the reactions of those who got a chance to see the phone, and test it out, HTC has put together an interesting video that just might give the company some hope...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
LOL xD. HTC wants to steal Samsung's customers!
2. Lifengineer (Posts: 44; Member since: 15 Dec 2011)
That's so obvious! Everybody is trying to steal others' customers!
39. AppleHateBoy (unregistered)
HTC One will make for a super awesome T-Mobile G3!
5. wendygarett (unregistered)
Its a business, LG did the same thing, Eventhough both LG and Samsung are Korean, they're fighting each other...
Google and Microsoft are American, yet they fighting each other, simply because it's business... But in the end, consumer is the one who benefited :)
10. _Bone_ (Posts: 2148; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
With what? Cause they are not gonna with delayed phones.
11. Topcat488 (Posts: 1220; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
I think i heard someone say, they are gonna trade in a iphone, not Sammy.
12. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Yup, I've heard it too! Even an iPhone user will change to HTC, this is a success for HTC.
19. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Guys, are you all angry because I said "HTC wants to steal Samsung's customers!" ? This is a joke, you all also saw the "LOL xD" right? Ok, now the real thing is HTC is genius, they promote the One at the Times Square during Samsung's event, I wish I was there.
3. TheLibertine (Posts: 484; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
Well, it is something they HAVE to be interested in.
4. gallitoking (Posts: 4704; Member since: 17 May 2011)
Now that we know ( and we knew a while back) what the S4 looks like... The HTC One is the better phone..
18. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1461; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Did you know that Cyanogenmod will not support the new Galaxy s4 ?
35. 90ninjas (unregistered)
Did you know the CM is not the only custom ROM out there? /omg
45. nobelset (Posts: 270; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
Cyanogenmod for galaxies aren't really that good, a lot of features are dropped and not supported unlike the stock touch wiz. There are lots of better roms.
9. wendygarett (unregistered)
I'm pretty sure you won't purchase either of them, am I stand correct?
13. taikucing (unregistered)
and better than iphone
16. lpratas (Posts: 132; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
Better phone in what? S4 has better specs, unless the international version with their quad-core cortex A15 at 1.6GHz wich ends to be an octo-core cpu with 4 cortex A15 cores and 4 cortex A7 cores. And yet more, with a gpu with twice the performance of the gpu of the Iphone 5.
28. Martine (Posts: 102; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
HTC is the better looking phone. Anything more than that is fanboyism at its finest. Even Note II trashed the "gimmick" Ultramegapixel camera:http://pocketnow.com/2013/03/1
Even Lumia 720 took better low light shots too
33. lpratas (Posts: 132; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
Anything more than that is fanboyism at its finest?
You must be kiding with me. Then better hardware specs it's fanboyism and ''gimmick''? What damn of stupidity is that? Galaxy S4 has a good camera, better than of the HTC One. The HTC One compared with Galaxy S4, in terms of hardware and features, like video and audio codecs, microsd cards with EXFAT support, the most powerful cpu and gpu of the international version, has no chance.
44. Martine (Posts: 102; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
Please read my comment again, very carefully. You will notice we are on the same side. It was a reply to Gallitoking's comment.
46. Urgency (Posts: 11; Member since: 26 Feb 2013)
Trashed? Your joking..
Please look at the pictures again..
@night no flash - htc clearly wins that part.
@hdr mode - note II gives the a much warm redish hue. One looks better obviously.
@pitch dark - note II has a very strong flash. Which is good in taking photos from afar. But in that picture i think htc wins. It looks more natural to me.
50. Taters (Posts: 4623; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Poor dumb ass HTC fan. Just let it go, HTC is going to get owned again so you need to accept it.
55. Urgency (Posts: 11; Member since: 26 Feb 2013)
Sorry dude.. pity on you.. your assuming of something you dont know..
Im not not an htc fan.. nor any fan you could imagine..
First of all how can you say that im an htc fan when my devices are:
Iphone4-> GS2-> HOX/808 -> XS -> S3/IPad3
.. so clearly your the DUMB ASS FAN your talking about!
57. tha.fox (Posts: 100; Member since: 30 Nov 2011)
As long as HTC is around I really dont care If sammy sells More quantity and less quality I will never buy another samsung phone after having internet problems with every galaxy phone ive ever had
6. ishtiak (Posts: 6; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
Well currently im usein note 2 and nokia e7. Still i don't know why i hate Samsung. I like to down Samsung and thing ll be begin late 2013 :-)
7. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7030; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Great way for samsung too start their ad compaign
17. lpratas (Posts: 132; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
Better phone in what? S4 has better specs, unless the international version with their quad-core cortex A15 at 1.6GHz which end being an octo-core cpu with 4 cortex A15 cores and 4 cortex A7 cores. And yet more, with a gpu with twice the performance of the gpu of the Iphone 5.
20. Taters (Posts: 4623; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
So they only found two or three groups willing to go on TV and vouch for the HTC One? Not very good. Looks worse than the smoked by Windows Phone results and we know how that turned out.
21. StreetNerd (Posts: 749; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
'300% more light thn any phone on the market', HTC One didnt u lost to a mid range device *hmmp* *hmmp* Lumia 720?
23. Q1Q10 (Posts: 20; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
What is keeping the htc one in the game for me personally is its amazing design and the speakers being on the front. It reminds me of the samsun galaxy player 4.2 which also had speakers on the front and a joy to watch videos with. I would really like to test out the microphone and compare it to the iphone's. Though it would soon be underpowered, as long as there is no lag then I am very happy. I also want to test the graphics performance. So to answer the question of whether it remains in the game, it all boils down to graphical performance. At least for me that is.
25. Taters (Posts: 4623; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
The funny thing is that if an HTC media player or tablet had front facing speakers and the GS4 was the first to introduce it into phones, the Samsung haters would be all like Samdung just copies!
When it is the other way around it is like HTC is so innovative! Samsung introduced it in tablet and media players, that is different.
Crazy double standards here.
27. amats69 (Posts: 1226; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
same with samsung fans claiming that Galaxy S4 is an innovative phone because of the new features it has.. Smart Pause? oh cmon LG own it! Air View? oh cmon Sony first used it! burst shot and Sound & Shot? oh theres HTC! INNOVATION huh?! LMAO
and yeah youre right lots of crazy double standard here...and mostly samsung fans
29. chocolaking (Posts: 491; Member since: 22 May 2012)
You made a very good point!
Thou, you will never understand the logic of being a samsung fans.
it's like a religion. they will only believe what they are welling to.
36. Taters (Posts: 4623; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Eh? Sony invented air view? I believe that has been with computer operating systems ages ago. There goes what little credibility you had....
47. Urgency (Posts: 11; Member since: 26 Feb 2013)
I think were talking about smartphones ALONE not computers.
And did he say invented? Never read any word that has the same spelling as inventing in his post..
USING and INVENTING are two different words..
"Sony was first to use air view in smartphones.. "
48. Taters (Posts: 4623; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
The Xperia Sola was the first phone to use floating touch, which is totally different from air view. So you Samsung haters need to educate yourself before you say stupid things that ruin your credibility.
52. amats69 (Posts: 1226; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Lol! Oh wait before you advice us to educate about this things make sure you have that " credibility" youre talking about....and first of all please educate yourself and all sammy fanboys on whats the meaning of the word Innovation...lmao
54. Urgency (Posts: 11; Member since: 26 Feb 2013)
Totally different because of a pen!?
But the operation is still the same. Lol
Its like, an apple and an orange.
They may look differnt but they're both FRUITS!!
49. Taters (Posts: 4623; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
What you morons are probably referring to is air gesture. The Xperia Sola was the first to use floating touch but air view was first introduced on the Note 2 but you needed the stylus to use it.
Besides, Sony's floating touch technology and Nokia's super sensitive screen are very different technology. The GS4 uses a Kinect style sensor for it's touch less gestures/ So yeah, go educate yourself before you look make it worse for yourself and amats.
31. osmaankhaan (unregistered)
all i wanna say is SHOOOO SHOOOOO GET OTTA HEEAR ;-)
38. tedkord (Posts: 7170; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
HTC makes nice phones, but Beats is gimmicky crap.
40. darkskoliro (Posts: 1058; Member since: 07 May 2012)
It actually isnt. Have you used it for yourself?
41. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1703; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Unless it comes with the headphones it is. $100+ for a s**tty rapper branded audio that is marginally better. Dats a gimmick
42. rdemon (Posts: 46; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
NAH! It ain't working though. HTC in my eyes conceded to compete with the Samsung Galaxy S4 when they announced that Verizon will not carry the HTC One. Big mistake on there part.
43. xsmartphonex (Posts: 41; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
lol, htc attacks Samsung, but Samsung doesn't attack back
56. DoDevil (Posts: 4; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Love HTC HTC Go AT Samsung Samsung DF HTC ??