HTC hires former Samsung marketing executive to do some contract work
0. phoneArena 18 Apr 2014, 02:07 posted on
HTC enlisted another high-profile figure in its ranks, but it has nothing to do with Holywood actors this time around. It's Paul Golden, former head of Samsung Mobile USA's marketing division. Golden has been contracted as an adviser to HTC Chairwoman Cher Wang...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4273; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
It's about time HTC gets an experienced person in their marketing team. Maybe Samsung can use HTC's head of design next.
2. Killua (Posts: 270; Member since: 25 Nov 2013)
LOL, agreed. While I don't have any HTC device, I still want HTC to exist so we customers have more choice, which is a good thing for us.
11. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1888; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Yeah and finally stop being stupid and change that Ultra camera a little. 13mp Ultra camera would be pretty superior :P
16. The13thKing (banned) (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
yes, and then crumble with market share and report loss after loss.
5. mturby (unregistered)
any of us could make ads better than htc;s. who was their marketing team anyways? hope samsung wont take advantage of this to create worse ads for htc and get 'em out of the market...
6. frydaexiii (Posts: 1426; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
HTC One M8, Designed for Humans, not for Baristas.
7. fireblade (Posts: 716; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
HTC seriously needs better marketing team
8. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3713; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Finally some good stuff for marketing.
9. express77 (unregistered)
Now they just need to hire some Nokia/Sony guy to work on camera.
10. b1acktiger (Posts: 223; Member since: 19 May 2012)
Nokia ? OK Apple ? OK, But Sony ? Seriously ? Sony never came on top of samrtphone cameras.
12. refillable (Posts: 1044; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
Behold. Almost all those CMOS Camera sensor goodness are manufactured by Sony. I agree with express77.
14. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1116; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
No, their current staff is doing just fine and actually focusing on what matters for a mobile phone, versability and speed, i already got a slow but stunning quality camera and having the speed is really important for my second camera.
15. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
It's not going to help in the slightest like the Robert Downey junior campaign didn't work. You product has to be marketable first.
You can't have garbage with loose volume rockers, finishing marks, and dust under your screen.
17. The13thKing (banned) (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
lol 100% bro. It's funny how htc is acting right now. this is pitiful
18. crazymonkey05 (Posts: 178; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
I guess its just me but I like htc's blah blah blah commercial