HTC could be planning price cuts across the board, including lower entry tags for upcoming handsets
0. phoneArena 22 Aug 2012, 07:07 posted on
The Taiwanese are reportedly to lower the price of their handsets across the Android board, but are also venturing to release their Windows Phone 8 handset(s) at more affordable levels than usual...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
"One series, like sealed battery, microSIMs, and lack of expandable memory slots, have led to sales declines"
Looks like htc finally realise that :)
6. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
nobody complained about that on the iphones .
I dont care about sealed battery , i dont use sd cards anymore and Microsim is okay with me
7. wendygarett (unregistered)
I don't complain that on my onex too...
But not other tho, you should know it :)
11. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1888; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
I love my One X as well. But really wishing it has bigger battery and memory. 16GB doesn't hold much when you are shooting 1080p video.
17. barondebxl (Posts: 131; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
Yep, and android users are very educated in tech. No memory card and non removable battery isn't cutting it for us. Plus a mediocre battery life ( tegra 3 one x) along with some UI lag doesn't help either. What I think HTC needs to do to be better
- stop that stupid ass "thinness over battery life" mentality and do both.
- exceed your own expectations by offering stellar performance and battery life ( no lag and please at least 4 hours of screen time)
- make sure you test the hell out of your handsets before you release them.
- work on your optimization. ( keep in mind that apple and Samsung aren't playing any games).
9. VJo003 (Posts: 356; Member since: 11 Mar 2012)
Bring out the HTC monster with 1080p screen which was in news recently, priced lower than S3
My money is urs.
10. ryq24 (Posts: 698; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
n the philippines, they have included beat earphone for one x. but still eveyone is still buying samsung phones.
18. tiara6918 (Posts: 2027; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Really?What store?Maybe that was a premium pack...I know that htc no longer included the beats headphone for the one x
12. b1acktiger (Posts: 223; Member since: 19 May 2012)
If its an iPhone, Sealed battery, Micro SIM, Non- expandable storage is not a problem at all. Its only affecting HTC ? If iPhone 5 would be like this, and I'm sure Phone Arena will rate them with "incredible". Why this Double standards ?
20. alchemyduelist (Posts: 21; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
I'm sorry to tell you this but, iPhones are great...... for those who are not tech educated. And for those that really know what their devices are capable of are is only a small part of the whole human population. iPhones are not phones, it's a trend, which I sadly admit.
13. kach22 (Posts: 153; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
The only reason I didn't go for the one X, is the sealed battery. I hate this concept. What were you thinking HTC? Thought you would get away like Apple did.
14. Xial649 (Posts: 4; Member since: 02 Apr 2012)
All I'm gonna say is that if your going to seal the battery, and not allow for expandable storage, you better have the best damn battery and pre-packaged storage out there, or else the design becomes flawed...
In both cases I think my One X performs well, with an awesome battery and plenty of storage :), I think HTC's biggest problem is its extremely intrusive sense OS... Seriously guys, we're on JB now, no need for such extensive skins, just add a bit of flair over what google has IMO perfected :D
Can't wait to see what sense 4.2, possibly packing JB has in store for us :)