HTC confirms it will officially unveil its next flagship on March 25th
0. phoneArena 18 Feb 2014, 07:42 posted on
HTC has just sent out official press invites for an event dedicated to the company’s “primary flagship for 2014”…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
17. abdane (Posts: 494; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
1080p 4.7-5.0" screen (2K is just overkill)
2800+ mAh battery
6+ UltraPixel camera
and of course Boom Sound and HTC One's beautiful build quality and design.
3. Birds (Posts: 1157; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
I just wish all these leaks were lies... Like... HTC just surprises us with something different but that is just hopeless to think such a way. And all these people complaining about the HTC logo on the front got to me. It looks ugly now...LOL. I don't think this will be a terrible phone though, not the least bit. HTC has the best and most simplistic UI, IMHO and it can only good better because they've learned from that mistake. Now HTC's choice in hardware is becoming a bit odd. I guess their attempting to differentiate but I'm a mad pixel buff and if they're gonna keep the resolution small, I'm going to need at least 5 megapixels with an F-stop of 1.8, a sensor size 1/2.5 inches, and a pixel size of 4 um. Like seriously, the pixel size needs to be the only thing with the number 4 in it. Software implementation is another issue but its fine...
4. Dude2014 (Posts: 439; Member since: 12 Feb 2014)
March 25? Then why not Snapdragon 805? I don't want to buy any phones with Snapdragon 800 in 2014. According to leak photos, it looks like HTC M8 will not include fingerprint scanner. I just hope they will do something new like LG did in G Pro 2.
18. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3724; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
The 805 isn't stated to ship until May at the earliest.
27. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4275; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
The Snapdragon 600 was supposed to come out in Q2 of 2013, that didn't stop HTC from announcing the One in February and launching in March.
29. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3724; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I don't remember those particular details from last year, but I wouldn't mind if that happened this year.
30. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4275; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
"Qualcomm is claiming that the Snapdragon 600 will offer 40% better performance compared to the S4 Pro, and this series of chipsets is expected to hit the market in Q2 2013."
There you go. I hope the same happens this year the 805, but I wouldn't mind the 800 in the One 2014.
34. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3724; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Should have known you'd bring the proof as well, as if I ever doubted you, Berzerk. +1
28. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4275; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Using 2- 5 MP cameras to create one 13 MP with enhanced focus isn't something new?
6. surethom (Posts: 682; Member since: 04 Mar 2009)
What time is the event scheduled to start?
Can't wait & 1 day after Samsung, nice.
8. Gregor (Posts: 34; Member since: 26 Nov 2013)
I don't miss the fingerprint scanner, but expect less bezel on the sides&on the bottom, symmetric loudspeakers and better camera (higher dynamic range and resolution).
9. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
That must be R.I.P date for htc. Because of decidedly uninspiring specs and a launch date exactly a month after galaxy s5.
13. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Uninspiring specs? Who are you? From evleaks? LOL...you're funny.
HTC doesn't give a sh*t about the S5, the mission for HTC right now is to survive.
15. newbey123 (Posts: 579; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
Especially considering that they will have the exact same specs, minus the gimmicky screen that sammy will use. I will take same specs and better build quality of HTC all day long!!
25. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Lol silly clueless HTC fan, the specs won't be exactly the same. Far from it.
And the HTC will surely have horrible quality control and manufacturing issues. An HTC trademark. Not my idea of build quality. Lol
12. papss (unregistered)
I think they should bring this out the day of the show or right after if they hope to get sales away from SS. I don't think its coming early enough to be a sales success for HTC. Still love the loud speakers up front.
14. newbey123 (Posts: 579; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
It's about time. Been waiting to upgrade til the M8 came out, can't wait to get this beautiful beast. Hurry up HTC.
16. HTCOE (Posts: 632; Member since: 20 Nov 2011)
anticipate the play edition to be awesome as well
19. Gregor (Posts: 34; Member since: 26 Nov 2013)
And of course, I want a real black version (not grey)!
20. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Thats what i am saying htc will die and wont make it till 2015 if this is it. And again like last year where they ran in production issues like unibody and gimmicky ultrapixel cameras, wonder they finally learn.
23. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 590; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
Millions of Galaxy S5's will be sold by March 25t.
33. 7Superman9 (Posts: 86; Member since: 17 Sep 2013)
Yes, but because of blind loyalty. Or those who are easily distracted by "shiny, pretty" things. Lol. For me it's not that I don't like Samsung phones, I hate touchwiz! I almost got the s4 but after seeing the lag issues, I decided to get the one.
After all, what good are the air gestures anyway. The one has a smaller battery but lasts longer, a very smooth and fast ui and aesthetically pleasing.
24. Epicness1o1 (Posts: 272; Member since: 30 May 2013)
I just want to not to be the desing from the 1st picure,the speakers arent disame,htc logo...
32. zachattack (Posts: 621; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
2 cameras on back is ugly and seems desperate. I will stick with the Sony sirius