HTC: "buyer's remorse coming soon" to Samsung Galaxy S5 owners
0. phoneArena 24 Feb 2014, 14:03 posted on
HTC tries to poke fun at Samsung, implying that Galaxy S5 buyers will regret their purchase once the All New One (M8) is announced. Well, we'll see about that...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
35. zachattack (Posts: 621; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
That's pretty hilarious but I don't think HTC will beat Sony this time around. Your dual speakers are now not really something that stands out. Good luck HTC you need it. If Sony seriously locks the z2 to tmobile then..... not only will I flip s**t because leaks said Verizon specifically, but then I'll be forced to look at HTC. I think HTC will do really good just not better than Sony (depending)
37. wilsong17 (unregistered)
note 2 speaker beat htc one
36. vandroid (Posts: 326; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
HTC you don't have the privilege of poking fun at another company. F*cking sellouts atleast they kept their buttons off screen
76. ady_lad (Posts: 82; Member since: 17 Jul 2013)
What's wrong with the buttons on the screen...it's the way to go. S5 messed up this year...no surprises here.
78. williamdroid (Posts: 125; Member since: 19 Jan 2014)
The way to go? I disagree.
I will stick with Samsung so long as they keep the buttons off my screen.
40. MrTzr (unregistered)
Buyer's remorse: low res camera + on-screen buttons.
41. KingDingaLing (Posts: 324; Member since: 11 Oct 2013)
I always think it's funny how companies/people like to bash others instead of promoting their own product. Reminds me of half of my friends on Facebook that talk sh*t about the other side of the political realm instead of boosting the side they're on.
49. CreeDiddy (Posts: 603; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
Why does the wording say "waterproof". The word described during the UnPack...is "water resistant". Big difference...
63. Florin.T (Posts: 209; Member since: 16 Dec 2013)
It doesn't really matter what exact word Samsung used. The fact is that the Galaxy S5 is IP67-certified. The 6 means it's dust proof, while the 7 means it can be immersed in water (up to 1 meter) for 30 minutes. That's as waterproof as you can get on a smartphone nowadays.
55. VZWuser76 (Posts: 3645; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
So Samsung's only response is that there can't be buyer's remorse because it won't be available for sale by that time? Wouldn't you try to point out how much better your product is than theirs. It's almost like Samsung's saying the claim would be true if the S5 went on sale before the HTC announcement.
61. Leonis (Posts: 338; Member since: 08 Jan 2014)
HTC will indeed kick Samsung's butt this time.
62. SirrJonathan (Posts: 12; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Im not even Impressed by the S5. It really hasn't brought anything new to the table, it merely copied much of whats out now. And to my knowledge the HTC One was the first smartphone to use the Wi-fi AC standard, bit that off too.
68. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Um no. Everything the HTC One had, the GS4 had superior including the WiFi.
73. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Um facts are facts.
GS4 Gorilla 3 HTC One Gorilla Glass 2
GS4 1.8ghz Qualcomm S600 HTC One 1.6ghz
GS4 DDR3 ram HTC One DDR2 ram
GS4 2600 mah HTC One 2300mah
GS4 7.9mm HTC One 9.3mm
Not one single internal component that Samsung didn't one up them. That is just how Samsung used to roll until the GS5. Those are the facts so no HTC One didn't have the GS5 wifi first. Samsung wouldn't have allowed it.
And just because you are a stupid HTC fan! it doesn't make those things less true. Lol
79. SirrJonathan (Posts: 12; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
OK fine, thats on paper ! I sell these phone and hands down The HTC delivers better Real world performance idc what you say, The HTC one was the first phone to use the AC standard, Matter of FACT here's the article
80. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
It was the first but the GS4 has it too. This cat 4 in the S5 is totally different.
67. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Lol the only times that I have ever felt buyers remorse is when I bought HTC products. So they really shouldn't talk.
71. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Not a good angle imo HTC.
Make the the product an let it slam the opposition in fact, not fluff.
Facts an figures over smoke an mirrors.