HTC breakaway company Kazam announces its first 7 Android phones
0. phoneArena 05 Nov 2013, 17:03 posted on
Earlier this year, a number of former HTC executives decided to start up their own smartphone manufacturing company, called Kazam. The idea was to offer “stunning design, robust hardware, and intuitive technology, underpinned with improved customer service.” Now, the company has announced its first seven smartphones, all of which run Android...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Sauce (Posts: 1114; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
"... and will even replace your device if you drop it and break it. "
Awesome! Now that is really good, given that most companies charge a replacement fee if it is not a hardware related issue.
4. TheLolGuy (Posts: 469; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
That's pretty reasonable though. If you think about it, there is really no reason they would be expected to take a loss because someone got careless and wanted a free replacement.
Granted the phone must cost close to nothing to make that would allow them to do this.
19. Taters (Posts: 2392; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Or they can include the price of two phones and an extended warranty in the retail price like Apple does and then take undeserved credit for good customer service. And they still have the cajones to offer apple care on top of that....
15. SuperMaoriBro (Posts: 188; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
cool, use your phone for 11 months without any covers, cases, screen protection, then smash it into the ground and get yourself a brand new shiny scratch free device. sweet
2. NexusPhan (Posts: 320; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
I see your one phone release and raise you seven.
3. TheLolGuy (Posts: 469; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
Maybe the company won't get attention from tech fans, but focusing on low end devices is smart. It's the only part of the smartphone market that will continue to see blazing fast growth from this point on.
If they're successful, we might one day see them try their hand as a high end competitor too.
5. 14545 (Posts: 992; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Yeah, but they need a higher end device too. IMO, it is needed in order to compete. The phone at least look good though.
7. 14545 (Posts: 992; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
I wouldn't go that far. I would say the 3.5-4.5 range should be all midrange. Then with then the 4.5-5.5 should include both mid and high end range phones. So for a total of 10 phones. Honestly, they probably won't sale any of the 3.5 inch phones, so they probably shouldn't even make it. However, it does seem like a promising company.
8. _PHug_ (Posts: 380; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
The Kazam Thunder Q4.5
1GB of RAM
8MP rear camera
4GB of storage
Sorry Kazam that only works for Apple
23. Chris_Bakke (Posts: 172; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
Still more screen real estate than the iPhone.
9. gallitoking (Posts: 4630; Member since: 17 May 2011)
The only thing that comes to my mind when I heard Kazam is the flop of a movie Shaquille o'Neal made..
11. Gaurav008 (Posts: 265; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Let me guess, the 1.3 Ghz processor mentioned is one of those Mediatek ones (when they were sh¡t) released 2 years back ! FAIL
12. cncrim (Posts: 419; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
Every bussiness start out low... if their products made a hood make soon they will enter high end market too. No money is enough for those CEO.
13. Doakie (Posts: 859; Member since: 06 May 2009)
Yeah...I'd rather buy a Blu phone. I've been kicking around the idea of buying a Blu Studio 5.5 to play with it and give it a try. At $170 it's kinda hard to resist it as an impulse buy.
14. GeekMovement (Posts: 1497; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
not really a "stunning design" if that pic in the thumbnail is accurate.
16. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5483; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
if i had a dog he/she would even think i didn't much care for him/her if i got him/her one of these things..
17. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5483; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i hope retail availability = putting 2 quarters into a machine and having one drop out in a capsule container...
20. rovio29 (Posts: 2; Member since: 06 Nov 2013)
512MB Ram and design atleast in pics is not appealing.
forgot abt warrenty. who will buy in the first place
22. Ronny666 (Posts: 108; Member since: 08 Jun 2013)
They should have added micro-electric shaver in it, at least you can shave while waiting for the apps or pages to load on the slow processor.