HTC applying for a patent that involves a new hinge design
0. phoneArena 01 Apr 2010, 12:33 posted on
HTC has applied for a new patent that involves an interesting new clam shell design that hides away the hinges from the outside of the phone...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
4. herbiederb (Posts: 275; Member since: 28 Jan 2010)
Lawsuit or not... HTC has always been innovating and will continue to kick ass. HTC anything... SOLD!
2. gebus23 (Posts: 6; Member since: 30 Mar 2010)
sweet. it looks like it will have the ability to flip both ways on the same hinge and still be flush
10. pingpong (Posts: 145; Member since: 28 Mar 2010)
Mehhhh, I don't think any phone would want to be the ATT Backflip lol
11. Mateo8326 (Posts: 472; Member since: 15 Jul 2009)
Well they need to come up with there own design if that's the case
12. HellcatM (Posts: 2; Member since: 01 Apr 2010)
HTC could also make a dual screen tablet with this. I like this, it'll make phones...and tablets...look cleaner. Great job HTC!
13. PHONE_GEEK (Posts: 52; Member since: 01 Feb 2010)
Its like the generic backflip but maybe called the Front-flip?? Like the Droid and droid eris.
14. NooSingSong (unregistered)
So the flip. Great design.. but how long does it lasting.? There are few issue about the hinge now.. The hinge is something like loosing grip.. Now I just wondering what HTC will do about this? I am currently one of the user of G2 and luckily i dont have this problem yet.. but please provide me a solution on how to fix this issue before it happen to me...
15. tekk dog (unregistered)
i wonder if the hinge is repairable/replaceable. or if the model is a repair model phone