HTC applying for a patent that involves a new hinge design
0. phoneArena posted on 01 Apr 2010, 12:33
HTC has applied for a new patent that involves an interesting new clam shell design that hides away the hinges from the outside of the phone...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
4. herbiederb posted on 01 Apr 2010, 14:03 0 0
Lawsuit or not... HTC has always been innovating and will continue to kick ass. HTC anything... SOLD!
2. gebus23 posted on 01 Apr 2010, 13:04 0 0
sweet. it looks like it will have the ability to flip both ways on the same hinge and still be flush
10. pingpong posted on 01 Apr 2010, 21:17 0 0
Mehhhh, I don't think any phone would want to be the ATT Backflip lol
11. Mateo8326 posted on 02 Apr 2010, 09:51 0 0
Well they need to come up with there own design if that's the case
12. HellcatM posted on 02 Apr 2010, 13:22 0 0
HTC could also make a dual screen tablet with this. I like this, it'll make phones...and tablets...look cleaner. Great job HTC!
13. PHONE_GEEK posted on 02 Apr 2010, 14:19 0 0
Its like the generic backflip but maybe called the Front-flip?? Like the Droid and droid eris.
14. NooSingSong (unregistered) posted on 06 Dec 2010, 10:04 0 0
So the flip. Great design.. but how long does it lasting.? There are few issue about the hinge now.. The hinge is something like loosing grip.. Now I just wondering what HTC will do about this? I am currently one of the user of G2 and luckily i dont have this problem yet.. but please provide me a solution on how to fix this issue before it happen to me...
15. tekk dog (unregistered) posted on 06 Dec 2010, 10:26 0 0
i wonder if the hinge is repairable/replaceable. or if the model is a repair model phone