HTC antagonizes Samsung and Apple in the U.K.
No doubt that the HTC One was the early rival to the Samsung Galaxy S4. While the latter sold 10 million units in its first month, HTC's flagship device was rumored to sell 5 million in its first month, despite an issue with supply.
Since then, both models have seen sales drop off and HTC added both the HTC One mini and the phablet-sized HTC One max. Samsung, for its part, added a few variations to the Galaxy S4 including a rugged model, and a camera-centric version. As for Apple, the Apple iPhone 5s became another phone standing in the HTC One's way when launched in September. We should point out that we happen to agree with Esquire (and ironically, HTC U.K., since it seemed to fear the iPhone 5s design the most) as the two phones that we picked as having the best design for 2013 were the HTC One and the Apple iPhone 5s.
Both HTC and Samsung are said to be working on sequels to their respective flagship models with the HTC One 2 and the Samsung Galaxy S5 respectively. And while both models will no doubt battle for supremacy of the smartphone world along with Apple's next offering, HTC U.K. is happy now to get its two rivals stirred up. What is that phrase about letting sleeping dogs lie?
HTC U.K. takes on Samsung and Apple
Thanks, Anonymous Tipster!
20. Ashoaib (Posts: 1108; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
No doubt in it, htc one is really a very nice design, better thn iphone and sound quality is also awesome. Display is great too but its camera really sucks, specialy after transferring photos to a laptop, some noise can be easily observe...
44. androtaku (Posts: 153; Member since: 12 Dec 2013)
the username is probably register under firstname.lastname@example.org
2. toiletcleaner (Posts: 183; Member since: 10 Oct 2012)
Take that HTC. ( posted whit my Note 3 )
13. boosook (Posts: 881; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Probably the note 3 doesn't autocorrect! ;)
32. toiletcleaner (Posts: 183; Member since: 10 Oct 2012)
Spanish language here. My Note 3 does the job
45. androtaku (Posts: 153; Member since: 12 Dec 2013)
note 3 misspell "s**t"
take that HTC "posted s**t with my note 3"
25. darkkjedii (Posts: 10024; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I've read numerous reviews Smurf, but what are the truly standout features the got you hooked?
41. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7204; Member since: 14 May 2012)
S-Pen, camera, 60 minute charge on Airplane mode/off, speed (never has it lagged) and the display is jaw dropping still to this day.
43. darkkjedii (Posts: 10024; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I'm strongly thinking about grabbing one on the AT&T next plan.
46. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7204; Member since: 14 May 2012)
AT&T next is a scam. Back up everything, sell your Note 2 and put in an extra $200-250. Trust me, you won't regret it.
21. giani (Posts: 269; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Your username and avatar pic describes best you're choice. I would def use a samsung especially a note3 to clean a toilet. I heard that the faux leather (fancy name for plastic) does well with sh!t staines.
24. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3147; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Yeah, the Note 3 is a great device, but I'm just not very impressed with Samsung's design.
26. darkkjedii (Posts: 10024; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
You sound like a pure hater, to take what's pretty much the best phone on the market, and basically say it's so bad, it's only good to clean toilets. Wow dude really?
27. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3147; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
The Note 3 is a bad ass device.. I would say that it's one of the best devices on the market.. I don't know about the best, it definitely one of the best... In my opinion, and like I said, In my opinion the 1520 has more things to offer that I would actually use in the real world.. The list of hardware features is amazing, and the software is so easy to live with.. Once again, that's just my opinion.. But, I would never say that the Note 3 is at all bad.. Even the design isn't bad, it's just not that good..
29. darkkjedii (Posts: 10024; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
In what ways is it not that good though? I'm iOS first user, but I know the power of that device. I'm strongly considering one too.
38. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3147; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
IMO.. Let me say that again so that nobody gets their feelings hurt, IN MY OPINION It's still got the same old GS2 aged design, and that cheap plastic feather light feel to it.. Now, I do think that it's Samsung's best design yet, and it does show some good evolution, but a faux leather back cover❕.. These Samsung devices just don't have that solid one piece feel to them like iPhones, some late HTC phones, And how Nokia, and Sony devices do.. It's nothing personal against Samsung, and I've said it numerous that the Note3 is a great device.. Its just that no device is perfect, and IMO design, and use of materials, is Samsung's week point.. It's no big deal, and I'm sure that owners of the Note 3 will most likely disagree with me, but like I said, this is my honest unbiased opinion.. Heck, every device I've had before my last two we're Samsung devices.. I used to be the biggest Samsung fan until recent years, so I don't want to hear any "he's biased" comments from anyone.. We've all got our favorite brands, and for good reason.
31. Lycan155 (Posts: 78; Member since: 24 Nov 2013)
Please just stop draging wp devices in every article
39. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3147; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
How about "RodnEflop".... LMFAO❕.. I just made that up.. I don't mind making fun of myself..
40. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3147; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Oh, get over it.. You're the only one talking about WP..
3. nasznjoka (Posts: 261; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
yeah but I wish them to gain strength so as to make the market even competitive
4. nasznjoka (Posts: 261; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
any way now you can peruze phonearena right on an app for Droiders. Get it herehttps://play.google.com/store/
8. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7204; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Why does it require access to GPS location?
9. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7204; Member since: 14 May 2012)
It's just opens the mobile site... Slower than Chrome. Nice efforts though.
6. _Bone_ (Posts: 2099; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
"Not just the best Android phone on the market (where it's not banned), the HTC One is widely acknowledged as the best-designed smartphone ever (to infringe Nokia patents).
17. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 710; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Please enlighten me on those said patents as i'm pretty sure most of them most other Android OEM's infrige too, Nokia's patent is related to the Qualcomm chip inside the One and One mini, don't other manufacturers have Qualcomm chips on their phones too?
22. giani (Posts: 269; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
HTC One has been receiving by far the most awards this year and it is recognized by the industry to be the BEST android phone this year.
Other facts: htc one has not been banned anywhere; Qualcomm, Broadcom and Google are the ONES that have been infringing on the patents...however... NOKIA beeing lame and a sore looser has chosen to chase the little guy.
Next time before u talk more crap do a bit of research.
49. DnB925Art (Posts: 136; Member since: 23 May 2013)
WRONG. HTC One as well as all HTC devices, have been banned in Germany.http://www.phonearena.com/news
I think YOU need to do more research.
12. number29 (Posts: 184; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
I've never seen the point in these cheap shots, and it seems ridiculously childish. HTC just need make better products for me to buy them rather than taking pot shots at other companies who currently do make the better products.
14. enthasuium (Posts: 69; Member since: 21 Nov 2013)
Agree with Best designed smartphone ever is HTC ONE,
but not best android phone, HTC has to do some more thing with battery life, camera, notification panel
34. darkskoliro (Posts: 932; Member since: 07 May 2012)
you realise in the PA battery life test the One outperformed the s4?
15. zuckerboy (Posts: 887; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
'best android phone' with poor camera performance and poor battery life... nice try htc nice try..
16. TMach (Posts: 348; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
The comments were not made by HTC, other than those in brackets, but by Esquire.......Please try to comprehend what you've read before posting irrelevant comments!
"Not just the best Android phone on the market (take that, Samsung), the HTC One is widely acknowledged as the best-designed Smartphone ever (in your face Apple!)"-Esquire, with HTC U.K. comments in parenthesis
18. zuckerboy (Posts: 887; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
I got the story bro. Htc posted it so it means they agree with esquire so there is no problem with my comment
19. Heretic (Posts: 15; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
HTC has some serious cojones for crowing about someone's personal, or someone's personal preference. Especially when HTC knows that they're artificially limiting a lot of their cellphones for no technical reason at all.
28. Topcat488 (Posts: 1104; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Well at least HTC isn't "Quietly" anymore. I love their design...
30. taz89 (Posts: 2004; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Well nothing else is working for them so might as well try anything to get noticed.
35. Taters (Posts: 2577; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Wow! The HTC One is far from anywhere near the best android phone or best designed phone. The flaws are pretty numerous and many of the deal breaking variety.
47. techloverNYC (Posts: 347; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
2 things I have give HTC one credit for is the all metal body frame and the 2 front speakers.
These are going to become standard for high end Android phones now. Every next gen phone is hinting a metal body and a dual front speaker.
Lately the rumors of S5 are basically a phone that combines HTC one,Iphone 5s, and s4 into one monster phone.
48. GeekMovement (Posts: 1499; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
and now their design team is in jail...