HTC agreed to pay licensing fees to Apple in the 10-year patent infringement settlement
0. phoneArena 12 Nov 2012, 06:01 posted on
Wall Street Journal sources are reporting that HTC has to indeed pay licensing fees to Apple for its patents, not the other way around, and it was the one that approached Cupertino for a settlement after its court strategy to countersue didn't pan out...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. wendygarett (unregistered)
HTC is the devil one who love being a copycat, not Apple zzz
5. ojdidit84 (Posts: 454; Member since: 16 Jul 2011)
I'm sorry but what has HTC copied from anyone lately besides their own design from the past few years?
7. picka_vi_materina (Posts: 174; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
Does the Nokia N9 shell ring a bell in the 8X?
8. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
is that really the best you got for HTC to earn the title "copycat"???
12. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1235; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
hey dont troll on my post TROLL!
From what universe are you....AppleVerse???!!!
HTC's phones are the most unique in design and build quality and HTC was making phones when Apple was making Apple pies :)
3. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
It depends on how much HTC has to pay Apple per handset. They are already paying MS $10 or $15 per handset. Another $10 or $15 to Apple would give them certainty and allow HTC to concentrate on making superior toys.
10. Hemlocke (unregistered)
Agreed, and they need to get on with that.
13. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1235; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
HTC is one of the best in my opinion and with superior hardware available Sense doesn't pose a problem like it used to....but waht HTC needs ia a bigger....much bigger battery!
4. MeoCao (unregistered)
shame on you HTC, loser
9. Peter98 (Posts: 119; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
They admit it. At least. But what did Samsung did?
11. tedkord (Posts: 9915; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Samsung made superior devices that the people wanted and zoomed past Apple to become the biggest smartphone manufacturer in the world.
HTC admitted nothing. The simply caved to the bully before legal fees put them out if business.
14. LionStone (Posts: 717; Member since: 10 Dec 2010)
Correction: Samsung made devices and did whatever they wanted...got taken to the cleaners are paying dearly for the mess they created by cutting their software and design too close to apples.
6. bayhuy (Posts: 320; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)
Apple's portfolio is bigger than HTC's...still HTC will pay less money than they are paying to the lawyers for endless lawsuits...
15. lyndon420 (Posts: 3726; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
So...htc is now paying for apple's innovative rectangle technology?