HTC Windows Phone 8X preorder price pegged at $649 SIM-free, 8S competitive, too
0. phoneArena 25 Sep 2012, 08:38 posted on
The midrange HTC 8S goes down much further, to $365 equivalent on preorder there as well. Thus, while the Lumia 920 pricing leak is rather fishy, at least HTC's handset seem to be priced very competitively. We can only benefit as users if that is Microsoft's and the WP8 makers strategy for gaining traction this holiday season...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
One word, CHEAP!!!!
5. wendygarett (unregistered)
But I love iPhone 5 :)
6. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
why? (don't answer because it's Apple)
9. wendygarett (unregistered)
Retina, 7.6mm slim and light, Facebook and Twitter inegration :)
12. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
oh wow! facebook and twitter integration!!! (sarcasm)
13. wendygarett (unregistered)
Actually Windows phone also have that,
15. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4123; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
What's so special about Retina? It's just an LCD IPS panel with a high resolution. Doesn't stack up to (new) SA HD and S-LCD2 HD.
14. StephenGalop (Posts: 52; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Dont bother replying, once you see "wendygarett" you should just thumb down.
3. platformwars (Posts: 84; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
Good One HTC... now trying to get the profits by volumes rather than keeping the price high.. HTC makes amazing phones.. been a fan of them since the HTC Touch days.. Hope this strategy works in their favour.
4. ryq24 (Posts: 557; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
lumia 920 for us$515! hope its true. that's a reasonable price. will wait for it instead of htc 8x.
7. kreneo (Posts: 13; Member since: 29 Aug 2011)
Guys hope u can all read....... its not in USD, its in GBP!
HTC 8s Might cost around $350, it aint that cheap!
8. Mohamed_Abdulkareem (Posts: 42; Member since: 15 May 2012)
HTC Windows Phone 8X up for preorder on Expansys UK for the equivalent of $512 SIM-free
The midrange HTC 8S goes down much further, to $290 equivalent on preorder
10. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1399; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Its no wonder that Nokia is trying to sue HTC , they cant sell their lumias for this kind of sim free prices
11. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 535; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
Either the new Nokia Lumia 820 or the HTC 8S will be my next phone because I need micro SD. Whichever one makes it to T-Mobile first.
16. jimjam (Posts: 252; Member since: 28 Jun 2011)
UK prices are always ridiculous compared to the US ones. Even factoring in the nearly triple sales tax there is always a hugh price difference. I wouldn't be surprised to see the American pricing at $450 for the 8X and $250 for the 8S.