HTC Windows Phone 8 roadmap leaks out
0. phoneArena posted on 21 Jun 2012, 09:40
HTC is now probably the second-most important Windows Phone 8 manufacturer as Samsung is now mostly focused on Android, and Nokia is Microsoft’s sidekick…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. HTCFreak posted on 21 Jun 2012, 09:44 10 9
They always put great cameras in their phones! Love that! :)
3. snowgator posted on 21 Jun 2012, 09:49 6 0
Agree!! My Wife is in LOVE with her Titan camera, almost to the point I am jealous at parties as she brags on it and forgets my name!! :-D
Wonder why HTC bumped the Zenith back down to a 8 Megapixel from the 16 it threw into the T2? Not that it matters, I am sure the cameras will be great, but just curious...
27. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 21 Jun 2012, 12:46 2 3
snowgator, the HTC Zenith looks like it's going to be the HTC HD8. That looks to be your next phone, & just in time for the holidays!
4. santaclaus posted on 21 Jun 2012, 09:50 6 7
excuse me, did u check on the camera blind test of gsmarena?
htc one x is way behind its contenders especially pureview
21. mss1988 posted on 21 Jun 2012, 10:59 3 6
I completely agree with you. Those who are satisfied with HTC's cameras will be satisfied with any other camera. For me, cameras are HTC's weakest point. Megapixels are almost irrelevant in terms of picture quality (see low megapixel dslr-s).
28. RapidCat posted on 21 Jun 2012, 12:49 2 0
pureview, only can compete with pocket camera.
and mobile camera.
if u want best picture buy dslr or medium format camera with 60mp sensor
43. mobilefuture posted on 23 Jun 2012, 06:21 0 0
Name one DSLR with a 60MP sensor. I believe the highest is on a Nikon one, if im not mistaken, and thats 38MP, again if im not mistaken
20. neutralguy posted on 21 Jun 2012, 10:57 2 1
*cough* nokia *cough* pureview *cough* oversampling *cough*
39. tarozeero posted on 21 Jun 2012, 21:59 2 0
I sometimes have a hard time distinguishing sarcasm from honestly through text. BUT I'm pretty sure "They always put great cameras in their phones! Love that! :)" was sarcasm right? Some of my friends and I own a HTC device and the camera just... blows, really.
41. moosa.mahsoom posted on 22 Jun 2012, 05:38 0 0
this should have htc's imagechip(files in RAW format) and imagesense although I doubt that Microsoft will allow that. I wonder if it is gonna be cheap. I think it will be cheaper than it's android counterparts. Ex- desire S and the radar have similar specs(even the same unibody with the exception being the rounded earpiece) but, the radar is cheaper.
2. Birds posted on 21 Jun 2012, 09:47 3 0
This is reallllyyy enticing. The Accord has made me thirsty for it!!! When ever it comes to market, it is going to be my next phone. lol
6. Birds posted on 21 Jun 2012, 09:56 1 0
HTC should have resampled the 16 megapixel images to 8 megapixels on the Titian II. It is the same camera sensor on the ONE S and ONE X. I compared the sample of two shots taken, one on the one S and the other on the HTC Titan II and it seemed that the image quality was exactly the same, except that it was 4 times the resolution lol. But a lot of reviewers seem to not get the point in having 16 megapixels vs 8. You can crop twice as much and still have plenty of detail left.
10. Birds posted on 21 Jun 2012, 10:12 0 0
me personally, no. But to some people, numbers are everything and i was trying to cater to ajac09 because I thought he was a numbers person lol. I was trying to be nice on the forum.
8. Atlas posted on 21 Jun 2012, 10:03 1 0
Im thinking this time around I will get an Android and a WP. Im thinking Sony for Android but my FIRST WP8 phone will defiantly be the HTC Accord:D. So exited to see what they will bring.
11. azri05 (unregistered) posted on 21 Jun 2012, 10:23 1 1
"quad-core snapdragon" O_O !
35. wendygarett (limited) 2 days ago posted on 21 Jun 2012, 17:07 1 1
Don't be excited... It just s3 chips...
12. smartstream posted on 21 Jun 2012, 10:25 0 0
Why HSPA+42 and Not LTE. I Really want the Zenith to come to Verizon but unless it works with LTE Verizon won't pick it up.
13. shikhar posted on 21 Jun 2012, 10:29 0 0
Interesting! But, not impressed with the naming convention (if there's one) of the devices. I like how HTC have named their Android's lineup as one (pun mwuhaha), they should follow the same for their Windows phone lineup. Else, its going to be difficult to stand up against the likes of iPhones, Galaxies, Xperias because these lineups have their past successes driving the success of their current products.
16. Birds posted on 21 Jun 2012, 10:33 3 0
I hope HTC will name the Devices: HTC Relic X, Relic S, and Relic V. I don't know why but the I like the names. lol I'm pretty sure those are code names in the article though.
14. Berzerk000 posted on 21 Jun 2012, 10:30 1 0
If I ever do try out Windows Phone, it will be the Zenith. Or the Accord, if the Zenith doesn't fit in my hand
15. Non_Sequitur posted on 21 Jun 2012, 10:32 2 2
If Nokia bumps up the specs (screen, processor) in the upcoming WP Pureview, it'll destroy all. For now, HTC's WP devices sound very nice.
18. haseebzahid posted on 21 Jun 2012, 10:44 0 0
well nokia has their final chance here i must say they will be comming with all they got now on WP8 since they have keep the wp7 sales on limited markets hardly 30% of the countries were in their list now they may release on full scale
22. mobilefuture posted on 21 Jun 2012, 11:18 1 2
Damn, looks like Nokia got some tough competition ahead. But these specs are looking to become common with windows phone 8 just like in Android Flagships, so Nokia will also release something like that.....................but with pureview! hehehehehehehehe
24. jove39 posted on 21 Jun 2012, 11:51 2 0
QUad core...windows phone...really...is it running WP8 or W8 RT :)
25. smartstream posted on 21 Jun 2012, 11:53 0 0
It will be running Windows Phone 8 because it is a phone, Windows RT is for tablets running windows 8 but on ARM based processors not Intel
29. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 21 Jun 2012, 12:51 2 1
Go Accord not Rio. The screen on the Accord is a beautiful 720p HD screen.
30. Phaze0085 posted on 21 Jun 2012, 13:09 0 0
The Zenith sounds cool, but at the same time, that 8mp camera sounds out of place on a big budget phone. If WP7 could handle a 12MP shooter, why not WP8? And why would the Zenith have a Quad-Core processor in it when they just started making them with Dual Cores? Obviously nothing is set in stone yet, but it just doesn't make sense to me. Also, they should give it a bigger screen than just 4.7. How about a 4.8 or even a 5"
33. ahhxd717 posted on 21 Jun 2012, 16:18 1 0
The HTC Accord will be my next phone, well if it comes to AT&T. My upgrade isn't until Q1 2013 so that gives me plenty of time to see what's coming with WP8 :)
34. chrischau1308 posted on 21 Jun 2012, 16:26 2 0
I'm not sure how are those devices going to do well in the market or not.
But I really hope HTC tries their best.
Beside, if the HTC Rio don't have front-facing camera (as well as almost every so-called entry-level HTC devices) ...
I feel like punching in HTC face!
In Their Face!!!!!!!!
36. wendygarett (limited) 2 days ago posted on 21 Jun 2012, 17:23 3 0
WTF !!! after this news I'm going to throw away my oneX instantly :)
38. SmartPhoneStream posted on 21 Jun 2012, 21:10 1 0
If the Zenith comes to Verizon with LTE, definitely my next phone
40. kamen posted on 22 Jun 2012, 04:20 0 0
Now what? I wonder if by the end of the year I'd have one complete HTC - Nokia - HTC circle (Desire HD - Lumia - Accord)
42. b1acktiger posted on 22 Jun 2012, 13:12 0 1
HTC Accord or Zenith will b my 1st Windows Phone.. No More Nokias in my pocket, had some before..