HTC Wildfire S in silver is exclusive to Virgin Mobile - arriving October 23rd for $200
Actually, Virgin Mobile will start offering the HTC Wildfire S in white though RadioShack, and silver paint job through Best Buy starting on October 23rd. Interestingly enough, it’s worth pointing out that the silver colored version of the handset is exclusive to Virgin Mobile only – with both going on sale for the respectable no-contract pricing of $199.99.
Just like the other versions we’ve seen already, the HTC Wildfire S features a 3.2” HVGA display, 600MHz processor, 5-megapixel auto-focus camera with flash, 3G connectivity, Wi-Fi, and the HTC Sense experience running on top of Android 2.3 Gingerbread.
Taking into account that this is an under $200 device that doesn’t require you to sign a lengthy 2-year contract, it should easily capture the attention of many consumers since it’s undeniably affordable.
source: Virgin Mobile
- Color options of White (RadioShack) or Silver (Best Buy)
- 3.2-inch HVGA touchscreen
- 5MP camera with flash
- 3G and Wi-Fi capability
- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- 600MHz processor
- HTC Sense – HTC’s custom-built experience, which puts information most important front and center by providing further customizable widgets and applications.
HTC Corporation (HTC) is one of the fastest growing companies in the mobile phone industry. By putting people at the center of everything it does, HTC creates innovative devices that better serve the lives and needs of individuals. The company is listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange under ticker 2498. For more information about HTC, please visit www.htc.com.
2. GALAXY-S posted on 30 Sep 2011, 12:07 0 0
i just bought the tmo version of this phone for my gf 2 days ago! Its tiny compared to my sensation but its a pretty cool phone
3. droidguy2323 posted on 30 Sep 2011, 12:32 0 0
take it back . virgin mobile is 55 unlimited everything
4. Joshing4fun posted on 30 Sep 2011, 17:02 0 0
Deal. I'll take it. Can't afford Verizon anymore. And Triumph has problems. If no optimus black then i'll take this.
6. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 30 Sep 2011, 22:51 0 0
Sprint just released an Optimus Black version, can't remember the name but same specs just running stock with sprint id on it. So it'll be some time before VM gets it as well.
7. Joshing4fun posted on 30 Sep 2011, 23:37 0 0
Well if virgin mobile does get the optimus black soon I'll totally go for that! But until then, this looks like my best bet.
5. ltr (unregistered) posted on 30 Sep 2011, 17:29 0 0
Virgin Mobile starting to get a lot of the lower end phones.
but the Wildfire aint too bad. First HTC device for them.
8. dacastrator posted on 01 Oct 2011, 15:10 0 0
This phone has been around europe and asia for like 3 or 4 months now. US variants always come late. They will release it to the US when a newer one comes out. Look at the SGS2, it has been around asia since April and they just released it several weeks ago in the US while Samsung is now preparing for a newer and better version.