HTC Ville shown off in video, Sense 4.0 also makes a cameo
0. phoneArena posted on 31 Jan 2012, 09:21
Wondering what the yet unannounced HTC Ville looks like? Curious about HTC Sense 4.0? This here video will answer feed your curiousity about both...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. arcq12 posted on 31 Jan 2012, 09:28 1 9
qHD Display? I thought we're already on the 720p era?
13. asimo posted on 31 Jan 2012, 11:01 0 0
15. ECPirate37 posted on 31 Jan 2012, 11:10 0 0
Thanks for this link since the one in the article is marked private.
14. elliotsilva posted on 31 Jan 2012, 11:06 2 0
let's not forget this is a debug version (alpha), so save your useless comments about "android lags so much".
but no doubt it would be better without any sense 4.0.
and here a leaked video on youtube
16. RamyRamz69 posted on 31 Jan 2012, 11:14 3 0
4.3 inch S4 processor ICS is Mid-Range? Hmm...
19. taz89 posted on 31 Jan 2012, 11:41 1 0
its the s3 dual core not s4 quad core but lol yep looks like dual cores are 2012 mid range
20. minhajmsd posted on 31 Jan 2012, 11:57 2 0
s4 has both dual cores and quad cores
22. taz89 posted on 31 Jan 2012, 12:02 2 0
Mmm OK guess I got that wrong...
34. ledbetterp3 posted on 31 Jan 2012, 22:43 1 0
Either way, who said it was an S4? I think you can assume it's an S3 more safely.
21. dirtydirty00 posted on 31 Jan 2012, 11:59 4 1
mid range? yikes... what would that make the precious iphone? bottom range?
33. Mario1017 posted on 31 Jan 2012, 21:28 0 0
The Galaxy SII came with a WVGA in the age of qHD,
6. protozeloz posted on 31 Jan 2012, 09:48 1 4
aren't both roboto and Hollo supposed to be default in order to have android market? I see a bunch of unneeded animations in here
7. harsh_732006 posted on 31 Jan 2012, 09:50 2 5
still not as smooth as the iphone or sgs2......even with ics :(
11. protozeloz posted on 31 Jan 2012, 10:41 1 1
Its those unnecessary effects I see a lot of weak points
1. The launcher should be based in ICS this one looks dated and has unnecessary space .
2. the extra effects are not needed .
3. I see many Gingerbread items on top that should be updated
4. why get rid of roboto and hollo? they looks good.
5. too many addons to the task bar
18. ngo2dd posted on 31 Jan 2012, 11:20 0 0
Your weak point is your opinion. Not all of use agree with your view point. All the Rom I have try on my phone have added more option to the task bar. ICS launcher is on that good to look at. The one for go launcher is better in my opinion
24. protozeloz posted on 31 Jan 2012, 12:11 0 0
what I mean is simple if they want to have categories on the launcher they could have used the top bar instead of that huge space at the botton like on blur
they could have added the widget drawer too.
what I mean when I said "ICS Based" i don't mean the stock ICS drawer I mean one that has added functionality like nova launcher or trebuchet it keeps a great Look while adding features to the launcher, in simple words the launcher could be better it needs more work lots of them.
when I install a custom ROM on my device I like to have some things on my Notification bar but i'm not a huge fan of having it clogged with stuff (like a task manager for example) toggles are ok tho but having lots of stuff you don't use daily is rather unnecessary and a waste of space for notifications.
now effects I don't know they just seem to use a lot of resources and may cause some confusion I'm not a fan of stuff that's too flashy
27. ngo2dd posted on 31 Jan 2012, 12:36 0 0
I guess you have not use sense the notification bar and the toggle are on separate page when you pull down the notification bar. What you see is the setting menus.
29. protozeloz posted on 31 Jan 2012, 13:23 0 0
I have seen sense on the Mytouch4G and the Evo it remains nearly the same and does not have the looks, heck if it was not because they showed the android version I would think it was GB. Google has being stepping up its game same could be said about Blur and Touch Wiz but I feel sense lags in the way I looks and feels and I'm not the Only one thinking about it
this would look nice on GB but for ICS this wont do
31. Nathan posted on 31 Jan 2012, 16:53 1 0
Its not a finished build of the hardware and software, everything is subject to change. They are probably still smoothing out Sense 4.0 and experimenting with Android 4.0 too. For all we know they can scrap the device.
10. lubba posted on 31 Jan 2012, 10:14 2 1
same color and same overall design that's not boding well with buyers.
12. squallz506 posted on 31 Jan 2012, 11:01 5 0
jeez, if this is mid-range i need to upgrade.
and another thing: Give Me Vanilla 4.0!
17. RamyRamz69 posted on 31 Jan 2012, 11:16 3 2
Meh...old design, uglier UI, choppy bloatware...
23. Rayzin posted on 31 Jan 2012, 12:11 3 0
This was their chance to do something really fresh with Sense 4.0 for ICS. I'm pretty disappointed with the results....
25. protozeloz posted on 31 Jan 2012, 12:17 0 0
Hopefully is just alpha and they will work into making it much more powerful
26. Rayzin posted on 31 Jan 2012, 12:28 1 0
I hope this is pre-alpha because I can't see them straying too far from this UI if it's alpha.
28. ngo2dd posted on 31 Jan 2012, 12:42 2 0
I know that many of you people don't vanilla android. Having CM is not vanilla android. Having a launder is not vanilla. Vanilla android is what google put out with no skiin. A launder is a skin CM is a skin. Sorry to break it to you. And we all know we all use some kind of Launder. Vanilla android even ics is boring. Many things in ics is from the skin of other OEM
30. Exofuji posted on 31 Jan 2012, 14:32 0 0
All this needs is V6 Supercharger and it would clear that lag right up.
32. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 31 Jan 2012, 20:40 0 0
Too heavily skinned tho i do like the new clock.
35. solidsnakeduds013 posted on 01 Feb 2012, 08:39 0 0
ha mid ranger. psst we want high end devices