HTC Ville says cheese for new pictures
0. phoneArena 06 Feb 2012, 13:40 posted on
Japanese web site Ameblo got a hold of some new pictures of the unannounced HTC Ville, which moves HTC away from the bulkier handsets to a thinner form factor; the HTC Ville will be powered by a dual-core 1.5GHz processor and features a 4.3 inch qHD AMOLED display...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. StreetNerd (Posts: 706; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
wheres the lovely HTC design?.... this one looks like crap :/
2. Muhannad (Posts: 455; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
I agree but the HTC needed change in the way its phones look.
34. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2998; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Normal? For HTC maybe...but even with a 1800 battery LTE devices don't last a day. We want 2000+ on our LTE devices.
42. moosa.mahsoom (Posts: 22; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
this is apparently not a full 4G. this phone has 3.9 Gb a.k.a HSPA+.
27. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6502; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
People complain bout the same design. I don't care I LOVE HTC. I'm stil waiting for a ICS HTC phone to come to AT&T.
35. theindianguy (Posts: 90; Member since: 30 Sep 2011)
I LOVE HTC too...and i actually find this phone quiet attractive.
39. ladyhaly (Posts: 106; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
Except the clock. I love thick and big numbers. I love HTC Sense the way it is. I just want more features... More options... But I love it just the way it is.
38. AndresJ (Posts: 48; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
I too loved the htc design, this phone looks like somekind of samsung!!!
3. jove39 (Posts: 1285; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
And no HD display...avg battery...only good part is S4 cpu...may be HTC need to upgrade their devices faster than they think.
6. Muhannad (Posts: 455; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
Don't forget that HTC Sense will look better than usual because of its Super AMOLED display.
33. RamyRamz69 (Posts: 390; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
It's just AMOLED....and no big deal about it
5. Muhannad (Posts: 455; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
I'm not trying to troll here or anything but I can already tell what are some of its downsides going to be.
- Bad Battery Life
- Bad Camera Quality
- Lag Due to HTC Sense
Prove me wrong HTC....Please.
14. ngo2dd (Posts: 781; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
Okay the camera is a f2.2 or 2.4 len. HTC has not has a bad camera phone after the evo 3D
21. Birds (Posts: 991; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
No it is still 5 megapixels it is just that the pictures are overlapped to give you a 3d image.
26. Mario1017 (Posts: 336; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
lol dumbass, the images are still 5MP, do you know how 3D works?
32. Cwebb (Posts: 501; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Unknot your panties and settle down, I was kidding XD
40. ladyhaly (Posts: 106; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
The lens are part of the sensors, which determine how much light passes through in in order to render an image.
36. theindianguy (Posts: 90; Member since: 30 Sep 2011)
Bad battery life, i agree.
Lag due to HTC sense, sorta agree.
Bad camera---> no freaking waayy. i can assure you my desire s shoots better photos than a cyber shot. But thats just me...
7. b4ckr3ad1ngth1ssh1t (Posts: 15; Member since: 21 Jan 2012)
disgrace to ics!
imean the sense not the phone
8. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Am I the only one to find it..urgh.. ugly?
9. WirelessCon (Posts: 309; Member since: 11 May 2010)
Yeah, that design aesthetic isn't too good. It might be better in the hand, but if doesn't look good in pictures then their marketing department is looking at a nightmare.
10. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
hmm, i hope this isnt tmobiles new flagship, i would be sorely disappointed.
12. android1234 (Posts: 106; Member since: 09 Feb 2010)
HTC keeps following in the same format. Their sales were down because they weren't innovative like Motorola or Samsung. Motorola got a sleek thin design with the razr, great battery life in the razr maxx. Both phones set new boundaries. HTC same design, thick, etc....they need so.e inspiring designs, aka a very thin phone with a unique shape or curve, or something newly high spec'd and needs a better battery. If Motorola can do, so can they.
15. ngo2dd (Posts: 781; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
The razr to you is good but to me it is ugly has hell.
19. speckledapple (Posts: 879; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
it may be ugly to some but there is no doubt of the specs being impressive as well as the battery life. And tha maxx, does even better so its definitely possible
30. ngo2dd (Posts: 781; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
The specs is not impressive on the razr. The battery life is good because of the large size of the battery. I prefer removable battery. The thinness thing need to go. The razr just don't feel good to me.
What is really impressive about it?
13. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
The Casio G-Shock Phone looks better than that
17. Cwebb (Posts: 501; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Looks better than 90% of the phones Motorola chuggs out
18. speckledapple (Posts: 879; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
Looks like they are pouring out much of the same. A largely dismal battery with probably horrible battery life and upgraded sense. I bet the phone is also thick and simply just a waste of time.
31. ngo2dd (Posts: 781; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
I guess you don't do your own research. This phone is 8mm thick. I don't know about battery life but I know it should be better because here is some knowledge for you. First it is using the S4 which is smaller in size. The amoled screen help too. Please do some research before you talk
20. speckledapple (Posts: 879; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
Very true. Iti s just more of the same from them. How sad is that. I feel they will end up fading into the background with this strategy.
22. lubba (Posts: 1310; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
Bold words but little action. Is this the new HTC? If it is, I need to clean my glasses a little bit more. And what is it with the grey bland sad color that they love so much! Also where is the kick stand! Thought it was one of the best things htc put onto their phones and made them look and feel great. What does it matter. HTC wont hear us anyway.
28. rockstarlive (Posts: 307; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
This phone is similar to the Amaze 4g and Sensation.
37. lubba (Posts: 1310; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
T-mobile, they love scraps. Whichever is the lesser, they'll take. In a way, they do mock their customers, buy the cheap to sell to the cheap.
43. jabberwocky (Posts: 89; Member since: 21 Feb 2012)
I guess I don't agree that the design is terrible. I don't think it's strikingly good, but it seems serviceable. The size of 4.3 is probably the sweet spot for me, at 4.5 the phones get unweildly for me and take up too much pocket space, although I certainly understand the desire for more visual real estate. The 5" devices coming out just seem absurd.
From a performance perspective, the 28nm S4 will be king (POSSIBLY behind the Tegra 3, with the caveat of the Tegra 3 being a powerwhore in comparison). As the recent Anandtech benchmarks have shown, the S4 is an excellent design right now, just like the 8650 in the Incredible when it came out. Sure, other phones will come out 6+ months from now with faster processors, but if you want to play that game you'll never buy a phone.
I didn't mind Sense on my Incredible when it first came out, but they lagged with updates so I moved to root to get the latest OS. I suspect I will have to do the same again. Hopefully, it will not take too long to get Sense 4.0 tested and put this phone on the market. It will be a different picture in Q2/Q3 with Exynos.
For me, this is the flagship phone from HTC (the X being too big, and too power hungry). I doubt any other phone will hit 28nm in 2012, some are planned for 2013. We might see other ARMv7 designs show up later this year, but I think they will struggle on 40nm. I bet they'll need 2000maH+ to keep up. Not sure if any are planned for 32nm?
I would still love to see removeable battery for this, since usually a ~30% upgrade costs about $40 and fits stock.