HTC Vertex tablet leaks, prepare for some quad-core Tegra 3 goodness
0. phoneArena 13 Jul 2012, 06:03 posted on
HTC has been relatively quiet in the tablet space, with its only two attempts until now being the Flyer (EVO View 4G for Sprint) and the Jetstream for AT&T, both of which weren't really big success stories...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ducati0927 (Posts: 8; Member since: 04 Apr 2012)
I love HTC phones and can't wait for this to see what it brings to the table.
4. e.wvu (unregistered)
Prepare to spend a lot of your money. Lol. Who knows how much they will charge for this tablet after how much they charged for the Jetstream. Hopefully HTC learned it's lesson about overpricing their tablet.
17. Mario1017 (Posts: 336; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
They better not make it 800...if they're smart
3. deacz (Posts: 157; Member since: 02 Nov 2011)
sounds utterly boring to me, like a slower One X, with a mediocre screen.
Im not sold on tablets yet, even tho i own a Xoom and a T.prime. The power for smooth browising isnt there yet. Even tegra 3 on my prime or one X feels slow.
I guess that as a pc gamer, everything else just feels slow and clunky :(
12. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4131; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Did you not read the atricle? It said "We want to make it absolutely clear here that these specs might not be final, and the actual device that will eventually get announced may be a lot different." Meaning, these are most likely NOT the final specs. It will probably have the S4 Pro instead of Tegra 3 and a higher resolution display, probably 1080p, even though it's a bit unnecesary.
5. IamYourFather6657 (Posts: 321; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
This might be the final version of the HTC Quattro
6. aaronkatrini (Posts: 239; Member since: 06 Jun 2012)
Too bad I'm going for the 199$ tegra3-nexus7 :( ...
7. sid07desai (Posts: 285; Member since: 03 May 2012)
2MP rear and 1.3MP sucks but we can understand that there's little use for the camera on a tablet. Look at the Nexus tab. And 1200x800 might be a slightly low for a 10 inch tab. Acer Iconia A500, which was launched last year has 1200x800 and the pixels are quite noticeable. It would be an average tab if not for the Tegra 3.
8. wendygarett (unregistered)
Why must tegra chip!!!
10. robocopvn (Posts: 244; Member since: 10 Mar 2010)
affordable and surplus supply, when Qualcomm has problem with producing S4 I think
9. robocopvn (Posts: 244; Member since: 10 Mar 2010)
I wonder if anyone will buy this tablet, since the Flyer and Jetstream get abandoned by HTC and stuck with honeycomb lolz !!!
11. bloodline (Posts: 700; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
pure nexus for me.
Just recieved jelly bean on my galaxy nexus, brilliant excellent OS
13. DigitalMD (Posts: 226; Member since: 17 Feb 2010)
After miserable failures on the Flyer and Jet Stream I own a FLyer) which were good hardware but failed due to extreme high price and lack of software updates, I doubt HTC can make any headway
14. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4131; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Seems pretty standard for the market, I'm sure they'll change it around a bit before they announce it. Will probably have the S4 Pro and a higher resolution. Or maybe they're just trying to cut down costs, and make a competitor to the Nexus 7 with a bigger display?
15. eman99 (Posts: 246; Member since: 03 Aug 2010)
HTC ui is the best I just wish they would hurry up and put out multiply tablets and maybe affordable not like that jetstream
16. CivicSi89 (Posts: 348; Member since: 23 Jul 2011)
If they price it like the Jetstream. Ill kill em. hahaha