HTC Titan giving users a Titan-sized headache with antenna problem
0. phoneArena 18 Jan 2012, 22:34 posted on
The King of the Windows Phone platform in the States, at least for the moment, is the HTC Titan; the King is having some problems as an antenna problem with the model is leading to poor call quality which brings up comparisons to the Apple iPhone 4 "death grip"...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. eaxvac (Posts: 328; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
Who will hold the Titan in that way as if you are in bed with it. Regular user will still be having their calls as per usual.
2. matt1q2aw3 (Posts: 13; Member since: 30 Dec 2011)
It is nice to see HTC finally "fessing up." Who here remembers the video driver issue with the HTC tilt aka Kaiser aka TyTN II. Awww those were the good ol' days...I still have my tilt sitting in a junk drawer somewhere. But hey, back then it had copy and paste and HSDPA (3.5G) and this was back in '08.
4. eaxvac (Posts: 328; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
Do anyone else remember the iPhone 4 issue with this?
"You are holding it wrongly! Its not our fault to design it like this".
5. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
6. darkhorse (Posts: 1; Member since: 19 Jan 2012)
I have the same problem with my titan. No one can understand me when I talk to them on my phone. I was pretty pissed when they came out with the titan 2 one month after i bought my titan.
7. TheLibertine (Posts: 484; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
So, yeah, just go with the Lumia then.
9. mr.sureshkumar (Posts: 2; Member since: 16 May 2012)
I have a similar problem, my HTC Titan shows a signal strength of 1 bar where as my Nokia and Samsung shows 5.
I tried attaching external antenna to test, there is a slight improvement but not significant.
Anyway HTC is smart in selling a dumb phone to customers.