HTC Titan II - Windows Phone with LTE and 16-megapixel camera
The Titan II will also sport an increased emphasis on its camera, with a 16-megapixel camera (you read that right) wide a wide-angle lens, image stabilization, and a backside-illuminated sensor for superior low-light performance. When the light gets too low, you can use the device's dual LED flash to liven up your images, while using the red eye reduction for the inevitable bugaboo that results from using a flash. The camera also takes 720p video, which should look great when reviewing it on the 4.7” super LCD screen.
The Titan II also brings with it an enlarged 1730mAh battery, which hopefully will help offset the inevitable battery drain of using LTE. AT&T customers can expect the phone to be available “in the coming months”. The HTC Titan II will launch as an AT&T exclusive.
How many of you want one of these giant WP7 LTE handsets?
1. Penny posted on 09 Jan 2012, 14:06 1 0
Wow, 16 megapixels. Seems unnecessarily high, but I look forward to the back illuminated sensor and wide angle lens.
2. e.wvu (unregistered) posted on 09 Jan 2012, 14:06 1 0
16 Megapixels! Wow, this may be a good phone to buy, especially with liking the Windows OS.
3. KingKurogiii posted on 09 Jan 2012, 14:07 3 0
that's quite impressive but didn't the Titan come out like a couple of months ago? AT&T is really pooping on the early adopters today. xD
4. Muhannad posted on 09 Jan 2012, 14:10 5 0
You're right, its kinda like what Verizon is doing these days.
8. KingKurogiii posted on 09 Jan 2012, 14:44 3 0
Verizon and Motorola did it with the Bionic but AT&T has done it for the Galaxy S II, the Skyrocket & the Titan.
7. Contreramanjaro posted on 09 Jan 2012, 14:38 1 0
I think this will be a really important phone for Microsoft. Everyone is on such an LTE push right now, being out of the loop is not something they could afford. I hope that the 16MP sensor is good, I've seen 8MP camera phones take some pictures that look worse than my old 3MP camera did.
10. manne posted on 09 Jan 2012, 14:47 3 0
Full 16 megapixels make sense only if camera sensor is very large. If not, we've got just another marketing trick.
11. bbblader posted on 09 Jan 2012, 14:58 1 0
this just in the HTC Titan II is the first phone to beat the Nokia N8 in the camera department
20. -box- posted on 09 Jan 2012, 16:53 1 0
Only if it has Xenon flash and good optics.... backside illumination and megapixel count aren't everything...
12. Jeradiah3 posted on 09 Jan 2012, 15:03 0 0
This would be a good phone to get if I wasnt into the Galaxy Note
13. snowgator posted on 09 Jan 2012, 15:17 1 0
I wonder if a CDMA version will be made available to Verizon. They refused to carry WP without LTE.
My Wife is going to be irritated. She loves her Titan, but the camera is one of her favorite things. She is huge into the photography portion. If this bad boy is an improved camera, she will be mad. While megapixel counts do not impress by themselves, if the other hardware is better, I will never hear the end of it. At least we got our phones on the penny sale on the Saturday after Turkey Day. That helps.
And she loves the Samsung Note as well, and that came after we bought. Sigh........
14. KingKurogiii posted on 09 Jan 2012, 15:21 1 0
shoot i would get one on Verizon if only it had at least a dual-core processor. power and app support are now the only things keeping me away from getting a phone from my friends at Microsoft.
22. knights4life03 posted on 09 Jan 2012, 20:35 0 2
bro windows phone does not a dual core processor! it was optimized for a single core and its lag free and super fast. i think u should read more on windows phone
25. KingKurogiii posted on 09 Jan 2012, 21:00 1 0
i've used Windows Phones, i have friends with them and though navigating through the WP7 interface is generally smooth the actual performance of apps and games is really lackluster and frequently laggy and besides would it be such a crime against humanity if they did come out with multi-cores? look at the iPhone 4 and the 4S. while the 4 had a generally smooth interface much like Windows Phone 7 adding the A5 with the 4S made it much better in every way performance wise and opened new possibilities for applications and games. this is elementary and even if you don't notice the differences you can believe i do because i have a very powerful dual-core OMAP4 in my phone and it's performance shines.
15. Jeradiah3 posted on 09 Jan 2012, 15:34 0 0
Theres no way that Verizon wouldnt get this phone.............the question is when!!!!
19. Penny posted on 09 Jan 2012, 16:50 0 0
My prediction is that Verizon will only get one more WP7 phone to fill the gap until Apollo is out on new devices in Q3 2012. They will likely go for something with LTE, but probably less extreme than this phone. My guess is that Verizon is going to continue to downplay WP7 until two conditions are met:
1) High spec devices are available (dual/quad core, higher res. screens, likely to happen with Apollo)
2) WP7 has more of a following, because Verizon has been successful with Android and won't jump on the WP7 bandwagon until the bandwagon has developed an unavoidable following.
16. MarloThaMartian posted on 09 Jan 2012, 15:36 0 0
They shouldve came out with this to begin with. But I wonder will the price of the Titan one drop becuase it sure isnt worth 199
21. remixfa posted on 09 Jan 2012, 17:11 0 0
23. KingKurogiii posted on 09 Jan 2012, 20:49 1 1
yeah, the lonely crapdragon can't handle 1080p. bummer huh? xD
24. knights4life03 posted on 09 Jan 2012, 20:57 0 0
do u really even use ur phone for video like on a daily basis?
26. KingKurogiii posted on 09 Jan 2012, 21:06 2 0
no but you know what when i'm on Youtube and i start playing a video it makes me happy to be able to crank it up to 1080p. so do i do 1080p video recording on a daily basis? no, i don't record every moment of every day but is it useful for when i do want to record something? yes, it is very much so.
27. knights4life03 posted on 09 Jan 2012, 21:28 1 0
that is very reasonable, i get wat u are saying. but would u let that get in the way of choosing a phone similar or at least comparable to this device?
28. KingKurogiii posted on 09 Jan 2012, 21:50 2 0
not because of 1080p but because of what enables 1080p the dual-core processor, a little bonus for having more power.
30. harsh_732006 posted on 10 Jan 2012, 01:10 0 0
imo i find the lumia way sexier and titan ugly..: