HTC Titan 2 Hands-on
0. phoneArena 09 Jan 2012, 15:03 posted on
Quickly holding onto the Windows Phone Mango smartphone, our first impression right from the bat is its stark similarities with its predecessor – like it’s larger than life presence and solid industrial design...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. AppleConspiracy (Posts: 636; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
It's pathetic. Only Apple has the right to give us something more of the same and thrill us with it.
19. Schmao (Posts: 302; Member since: 05 Jul 2009)
Wrong. The correct statement would be " Only Apple gets away with giving the world something thats more of the same and thrilling fanboys." Those who don't blindly follow actually think about their purchaces.
26. hetero (banned) (Posts: 17; Member since: 05 Jan 2012)
u r right man...htc is failing....the screen looks exactly like my hd7 in the sun....i dont see ANY improvement with this S-LCD display.....NONE......actually hd7 has a nicer shape than this....i always loved big screens.....but this is a bit overdone at 4.7....remember guys a tablet pc is minimum of 5 inch...
3. snowgator (Posts: 3345; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
They will really have to discontinue the original Titan for this to sell. Very few people live in an AT&T LTE area, and the camera on the original Titan is great anyways. The original will have to be priced lower, and there is no other differences. Seems senseless.
9. Birds (Posts: 1097; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
it is saying this is the second version of the titan that was originally on AT&T.
22. bigdawg23 (Posts: 410; Member since: 25 May 2011)
They did the same thing with the Samsung Galaxy S2 and S2 Skyrocket. It was out 6 weeks before the LTE version came out.
5. cober319 (Posts: 11; Member since: 10 Nov 2011)
oh sweet! 4.7" screen!! oh wait, now I have to use my other hand to reach anything at the other end of the screen. except for those of you with Ogre hands. I can't wait for the 6" phone that I have to carry a satchel for. really big screens are dumb.
10. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
I'm 5'10" and have no problem with the screen on my Nexus... sorry you have small hands not everyone does. Trust me I don't have ogre hands either...
15. Reverse (Posts: 3; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
We don't care about you and your gf buying nexus.
11. ladyhaly (Posts: 106; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
If it's not up to your preference, don't buy it. The world doesn't revolve around your petty whims.
20. Schmao (Posts: 302; Member since: 05 Jul 2009)
It must suck to be you. See I can handle a phone like this. You know what they say about a man with big hands!
23. leftheodo (Posts: 71; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
You know what they say about people with small hands! The titan is not for you!
8. Penny (Posts: 1370; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
My phone has a Super-LCD display, and it always gets washed out in sunlight too. Don't know if any of the mobile screen technologies really excel in this category (with normal brightness, not with brightness set to max).
21. Schmao (Posts: 302; Member since: 05 Jul 2009)
Or Clearblack. Only good techonologies like these actually look good everywhere. Super LCD is mediocre so don't expect anything great.
7. -box- (Posts: 3951; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
f 2.6?? Disappointing. Even with backside illumination, it's still unlikely to capture as good of photos as an N8
13. jphillips63 (Posts: 195; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
F 2.6 on a cell phone isn't dissapointing by far, if you nkow anything about f stops on a lens the ability for a cell to shoot at f 2.6 is quiet amazing considering most of my fast lenses for my DSLR's are at f 2.8 What i find dissapointing is why are these phones getting bigger and bigger? come one we have enough issues with battery life as it is and you want t okeep adding real estate to the screens? The largest battery eater we have are our high resoultion screens as it is and to add more pixels is obsurd. How about build us a phone with more ram.
17. solidsnakeduds013 (Posts: 218; Member since: 20 Oct 2010)
I said that last year and it seems like all people want is bigger screens. Give me more RAM and a 4.6'' screen and i am good
14. knights4life03 (Posts: 131; Member since: 09 Jun 2011)
verizon already did their rain of their greatest smartphones bro and now its at&t turn and not with just 3 but 7!
24. Phrozt (Posts: 9; Member since: 11 May 2011)
Let's hope someone other than John V reviews this one so it doesn't get the same terrible score that the Titan did, simply because the author is a fanboy.
27. Phrozt (Posts: 9; Member since: 11 May 2011)
Good lord.. if that's your criteria for buying a phone, this is not the site for you.