HTC ThunderBolt and HTC Desire S to be updated to Android 4.0 by the end of this month
0. phoneArena posted on 10 Aug 2012, 11:00
HTC has answered customers questions about the manufacturer's remaining Android 4.0 updates and stated that both the HTC ThunderBolt and the HTC Desire S will get their just desserts sometime before the end of this month...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. johnriii posted on 10 Aug 2012, 11:10 3 1
somehow, I'm not really excited about this news. the Tbolt has been acting really weird since the last update, so I'm afraid of any other OTA update.
2. N.Reynolds posted on 10 Aug 2012, 11:14 0 0
My TBolt is rooted with a custom ROM on it, will I need to bring it back to stock to get the ICS update when available?
3. ReallyEhly posted on 10 Aug 2012, 11:19 0 0
I am almost positive that you would need to Mr. Reynolds.
4. MikeG77 posted on 10 Aug 2012, 11:41 0 0
You will def need to unrooted and back to stock to get the OTA.
6. sprockkets posted on 10 Aug 2012, 12:03 0 0
Just wait for the xda people to get this rom to make it workable for rooted devices.
11. N.Reynolds posted on 10 Aug 2012, 15:03 0 1
I will end up putting a custom ICS ROM on there but I want to get ICS right away so will go stock for a few days.
15. Hunt3rj2 posted on 10 Aug 2012, 20:40 1 0
No. Just wait and let people get the OTA and upload it, and then pretty much everyone will integrate the changes into their ROM the same day it comes out.
5. MikeG77 posted on 10 Aug 2012, 11:41 1 0
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the Thunderbolts will get its update 1st week of Sept. Probably Sept 3rd or 4th.
7. KingKurogiii posted on 10 Aug 2012, 12:16 0 0
i guess this includes the Droid Incredible 2 as well. o:
8. taz89 posted on 10 Aug 2012, 13:08 0 0
Thunderbolt and desire HD are essentially the same phone yet one gets ICS and the other doesn't.
9. cheeseycheeser posted on 10 Aug 2012, 13:29 1 0
I switched from the Thunderbolt to Bionic and I will scream if even the TBolt of all phones gets ICS before the Bionic.. >:O
24. johnriii posted on 13 Aug 2012, 13:01 0 0
that WOULD be bad if we got it before the Bionic. but still, kinda funny.
14. nyuvo posted on 10 Aug 2012, 19:35 0 0
I know. It has the exact same processor, gpu and ram as the desire s.. With WORSE specs in some departments eg ROM storage. Makes me angry when this happens.
16. Mr_Carter2 posted on 10 Aug 2012, 23:28 0 0
I've had my eye on the htc droid incredible 4G LTE but if HTC doesn't update the thunderbolt to ics, they will never get my business again. I know the phone is old now, but when ICS first came out, the thunderbolt was only half a year old...
18. NateAdam8 posted on 11 Aug 2012, 09:24 0 0
The HtC 4G Slide is acting weird but not getting anymore updates
19. pittsburgharab posted on 11 Aug 2012, 12:31 0 0
what version of sense does the thunderbolt have? does it have the lock screen with the ring? and if it doesnt will the ics update add that lock screen?
20. ReallyEhly posted on 11 Aug 2012, 12:39 0 0
The Thunderbolt has HTC Sense 2.1 on it.
No, I believe HTC Sense 3.0 and higher have it as well as Android 4.0 and higher.
With this Ice Cream Sandwich update I hope to be updated to at least HTC Sense 3.0 as well :)
21. ahhxd717 posted on 12 Aug 2012, 11:45 0 0
It'll probably get Sense 3.6 with the update. So it'll get the lock screen with the ring.
23. vincent95 posted on 13 Aug 2012, 12:49 0 0
Hell yes, I've been waiting for this (:
Also, @pitsburgharab to answer your question, I'm a Thunderbolt owner, and no the Thunderbolt doesn't have the ring lock screen, it has the slide to unlock one. The ICS update will most likely come with an HTC Sense update. (:
25. jimmybo posted on 01 Sep 2012, 10:07 0 0
Well....here it is ...Sept. 1st and no ICS update.....Come on people...We'er waitind....LOL
26. johnriii posted on 01 Sep 2012, 12:49 0 0
and is ANYONE really surprized that the update isn't here yet? My Tbolt is fine (that's a relative term) the way it is. I've gotten used to the random reboots once or twice a month, and the subpar battery life. just leave well enough alone.