HTC ThunderBolt – one of the worst gadgets Steve Wozniak ever bought
0. phoneArena 21 Aug 2012, 02:31 posted on
Remember the HTC ThunderBolt? Boy, how much hype surrounded its release! After all, it was Verizon's first LTE smartphone and was capable of reaching some pretty impressive data transfer speeds. But then came the occasional network outages and overheating issues, not to mention that the LTE radio turned out to be a battery hog. In other words, the ThunderBolt had its fair share of flaws that early adopters had to deal with...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
And iPhone is the best!!! Yay!!!
6. wendygarett (unregistered)
Thanks for the red thumb, I was just sarcasm
IPhone don't even have lte Lolol
Take that woz!!! Lolol :)
44. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
You seem to mistake the truth for sarcasm.
70. willard12 (Posts: 1707; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
Yes,it is true, iPhone doesn't have LTE.
71. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
i wonder how many android fans here in PA...
73. ilia1986 (unregistered)
The people advocating Android are just being smart and honest.
It would be like advocating peace and love instead of war and hatred.
80. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
uhhmmm no... they are not smart and honest.. if they are honest... why they want to destroy one's name just to make any other gadget better... like "who cares about the iPhone?! s3 is better" have they forgotten that iPhone 4/4s was so last year?!
they dont even want nokia and blackberry to rise again.. they want nokia to go android...they hate nokia and blackberry for being delay, now that they are advancing, they hate it...
iPhone has its strengths that android,Windows Phone and BlackBerry doesnt have, android has its strengths that iphone doesnt have, Windows Phone has its strengths that android,iPhone and BlackBerry doesnt have, BlackBerry has its strengths that android,Windows Phone and iphone doesnt have
i just want them to shut their freaking mouth and be happy to each platform we all choose...
77. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
The Woz favorite gadget is a RAZR. He said it himself. He is not an apple fanb0y. He is actually pretty down to earth
2. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
yeah, the Thunderbolt was pretty bad. xD
3. OpTiMuS_BlAcK (Posts: 418; Member since: 04 May 2012)
The Wii probably... got bricked during a software update ._.
4. frydaexiii (Posts: 1456; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
My iPod Nano 6G...Horrible sound, horrible price (and I bought it at a discounted price!). I ended up buying an amplifier to make the sound sound "fuller". The worst part about it is when I see my sister's Sony MP3 which cost half the price and the audio quality on stock headphone is double that of my iPod on Audio Technica earpieces.
7. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i got my 6G for free from doing the 1G replacement program. sold it right off the bat. xD
8. wendygarett (unregistered)
This is not the place for you to bash Apple product :) be polite :)
13. frydaexiii (Posts: 1456; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
They asked what was my worst gadget I ever bought, and I'm answering. I would do the same if the MP3 was from Sony or some other brand, but I doubt I would be so pissed as they wouldn't charge such a premium price for such a piece of crap.
36. wendygarett (unregistered)
I'm sorry, your statement was so angry that I thought you bash it eventhough you don't have one...
12. Phullofphil (Posts: 801; Member since: 10 Feb 2009)
That's weird because apple has always had really loud sound coming from all there music players I owned. In fact my ear phones apple supplied always get blown after a little bit from play to loud.
16. frydaexiii (Posts: 1456; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
lol, Apple earphones are garbage. Threw mine away the moment I got the iPod. They're basically, cheap $1 earphones that you get from an FM Radio in a fancy Apple shell.
27. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Half the people coming in for earbuds are looking to replace their Apple earbuds. I usually sell them Gumys by JVC because they're cheap and work amazing, and the white ones look like the Apple earbuds anyway.
31. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 13579; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Cheap yet not as good as the ones being replaced obviously.
34. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Considering I've had 2 pairs that have lasted 2 years apiece with amazing sound quality, and that I hear nothing but complaints about the Apple earbuds (you know, from the people coming in to get something different almost immediately because they suck so bad) I would say you are 100 percent, undiluted, pure wrong.
Why do you have this need to argue with me even when taking the opposite position makes you look like a complete fool?
35. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 13579; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Because all I have is your word and frankly thats not even enough to prove anything.
Besides at least they provide earbuds, quality earbuds unlike some manufacturers that don't even bother giving nothing like HTC and the beats headphones
39. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Post after post says the sound quality is amazing. A couple had ones that blew out after a short time, but most didn't have that problem.
The only consistent complaint is that they fall out more easily than the silicon earbuds (a factor I don't personally mind because I like how easily I can take them out).
None of them say the sound quality is bad. Especially for 10 dollars.
It's best to just admit you're wrong on this one and move on.
53. paulyyd (Posts: 338; Member since: 08 Jan 2011)
no one cares about your s**tty jvc headphones Lol
58. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
Apparently you and Mxyzptik both cared enough to respond.
64. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 13579; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
To the average consumer sound quality wouldn't necessary be that much different.
As long as they got good headphones that can produce audible clear sound then i don't think they are going to complain much.
61. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
The iBeats earbuds that came with my Rezound are awesome, and the phone has run beautifully since it got ICS. Certainly better than that iJunk 4.
9. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
a respectable Apple Big Wig which is high praise from me.