HTC Sense 5.0 seen running on a Droid DNA, more screenshots appear
0. phoneArena posted on 22 Jan 2013, 06:00
Sense 5.0 looks cleaner, and the 3D shenanigans like the pull ring seem gone, while the weather and other widgets have received a more minimalistic look, just like we saw yesterday. This has left more space on the homescreen for your app icons and additional widgets, and there are rectangular ones for news and social networking updates...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Firedrops posted on 22 Jan 2013, 06:11 8 1
First one really reminds me of live tiles
Also, they FINALLY let us customize the stock dock from that ugly rounded rectangle.
14. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 22 Jan 2013, 06:32 13 0
Stop trying to be different only in the look
users need real difference: cool functionalities.
For a different look? launchers are enough.
51. AWiseGuy posted on 22 Jan 2013, 19:43 0 0
Yup. This is why I don't complain about skins as far as the look goes. Of course, they do delay updates (I wish manufacturers would release a "clean" version of Android and a skinned one for each phone and let the users decide individually). However, the look shouldn't be a concern with the proper launcher/lockscreen combo.
27. andro. posted on 22 Jan 2013, 07:43 1 1
Bad thing there is live tiles are proving one of the biggest turn offs for customers,vast majority of customers dislike them and windows phone sales have suffered agonisingly over it.
With an upgrade due I'm open minded this year weither to go for the s4,note 3,xperia z,or whatever htcs offerings might be. If the new sense ends up like this htc might be late off the starting block for me,although if the hardware and design are excellent a custom launcher could always replace sense 5.0
42. quickweevil posted on 22 Jan 2013, 12:29 3 0
Where are you reading that Live Tiles are turning people off? That's honestly the first I've heard of it and I work at a cell phone company. The single biggest complaint I've heard with WP is the lack of apps...
52. PhenomFaz posted on 23 Jan 2013, 04:20 0 0
Sense 5 looks good enough but why arre the dock icons so cartoonish?
32. zuckerboy posted on 22 Jan 2013, 08:19 0 11
I am gonna buy ip5 because of bad design of new android phones
33. PapaSmurf posted on 22 Jan 2013, 08:45 7 0
You're saying the Nexus 4, Sony Xperia Z and HTC Droid DNA have bad designs? Have fun using a phone with the same design for the past three generations.
49. bayusuputra posted on 22 Jan 2013, 18:06 3 0
And same UI design for the past FIVE generations.
3. RaKithAPeiRiZ posted on 22 Jan 2013, 06:11 7 0
they got rid of the HTC clock and used HD widgets instead...how could they
8. tiara6918 posted on 22 Jan 2013, 06:18 7 0
Yeah, that was one of the many reasons I liked sense. What is happening now with sense 5.0? I still want the old version of sense for example the sensation(with those spinning carousel when you switch between homescreens and other 3d animations and eye candy icons)
20. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 22 Jan 2013, 07:12 7 2
Hey don't knock it till you try it. You never know, it might actually be very pleasing in motion. Let's ust see how this plays out.
22. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 22 Jan 2013, 07:23 1 2
Yeah it was cool for the first day or so then it really lost it's luster. I remember that from the HTC Evo 3D days. lol
23. Tones posted on 22 Jan 2013, 07:28 1 1
I installed a mod to stop it from happening. just wanting to change from one screen to another, but if you swiped a little too hard the caroussel kicked in and you have to wait for it to stop spinning, so you could then change screen.
34. OptimusOne posted on 22 Jan 2013, 09:07 3 0
thats why i still use a sense 3.5 rom on my phone :)
4. darac posted on 22 Jan 2013, 06:12 5 3
Very subtle and elegant.
Again, seems to have live tile-styled Widgets too.. just way nicer looking
7. Retro-touch posted on 22 Jan 2013, 06:15 1 4
After 5 iterations they haven't realized that battery percentage would be useful, they had toggles in status bar and removed it for some dumb reason, Sense still sucks balls, at least Touchwiz gets more useful and versatile with time
46. Charlie_boy posted on 22 Jan 2013, 15:52 0 0
same question here.. I hope HTC made some performace optimizations.
Sense 4 was a real RAM hog...
I like the minimalist-like approach of the leaked Sense.. I hope RAM consumption is at t minimum too.
10. takay0 posted on 22 Jan 2013, 06:26 3 5
i used HTC phone just because the sense! now... im thinkin to be with samsung =\ what the hell is that?! where is the style.. the elegant... the beautiful UI?!
i dont want it nice and clean if this what they meant for!... i ahte samsung UI ans iphone UI ... they all look like a toy.. not something elegant and nice lookin...
12. RaKithAPeiRiZ posted on 22 Jan 2013, 06:29 3 0
the new Sense 5 looks like ICS icons spray painted in matte white and steam ironed ..we are going to miss the Greatness of Sense ,
24. Retro-touch posted on 22 Jan 2013, 07:30 0 6
Sense 4+ on One X is a joke, can't even open more than one tab at a time, just a waste, can thumb me down, but HTC financials speak for themselves, FAIL!!!! The screen and build quality are awesome, thank god for CM10 and AOKP
37. OptimusOne posted on 22 Jan 2013, 09:59 1 0
sense 4.1 and asense 4+ are different things...
sense 4.1 is based on ICS
sense 4+ is based on JB
18. RaKithAPeiRiZ posted on 22 Jan 2013, 06:38 1 0
i guess the 4+ version of sense and the one x were the last two greatest HTC products
19. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 22 Jan 2013, 06:47 1 4
wow....did u really? i swore to myself as soon as i got my droid incredible (which i sold now) that i would TAKE DOWN THOSE LARGE CLOCKS! lol they took up way too much space for me...
28. andro. posted on 22 Jan 2013, 07:45 3 0
you can easily get sense clock widgets on the play store in countless shapes and forms
44. EclipseGSX posted on 22 Jan 2013, 13:29 2 1
Yes, but they are not the same, I like the flip motion and the others look off
43. EclipseGSX posted on 22 Jan 2013, 13:28 1 1
I know WTF, I love that clock. HTC, why has thou forsaken me?
47. Charlie_boy posted on 22 Jan 2013, 15:54 2 0
yeah.. the clock widget was really iconic for its time..
hope they still have it.
16. AshishRomea posted on 22 Jan 2013, 06:34 8 2
go ahead and buy XPERIA Z - It has an awesome , stylish yer feature filled UI. New UI is ultra smooth too :)
17. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 22 Jan 2013, 06:34 6 1
sense 5.0.......the mixing of windows and android........get a grip people this is for EVERYBODY not just people like us geeks looking for a complex ui
25. ahhxd717 posted on 22 Jan 2013, 07:33 8 0
I swear, people will always hate on Sense regardless of what they do to it. First everyone jut complains its too laggy. That's gone, and everyone still says it hasn't changed since version 1 and its dated with its old icons (as well needing to be simplified). They do that and now its "ugly" and still not functional, when nobody's even used it yet. I just don't get it. I liked Sense 4 and Sense 5 still looks good to me. Definitely better looking than touchwiz, as always.
26. jed27 posted on 22 Jan 2013, 07:39 0 1
I actually like it. Except for the font and the on/off toggle.
29. AfterShock posted on 22 Jan 2013, 07:47 0 0
I believe first few are comparison shots.
I thought the same at first.
buddy changed his post, ill leave mine as it was meant.
48. Charlie_boy posted on 22 Jan 2013, 15:59 0 0
I believe pics 3 and 4 are side by side comparison..
If that's the case, good by ring.. how are we gonna unlock an htc phone? :p
30. jed27 posted on 22 Jan 2013, 07:51 1 0
and they should also increase the rosie to at least 5x7, a 4.5" to 5" screen is too small for a 4x4 rosie. Oh well, Apex does the job just fine, especially when paired with DCikonZ! :)
31. AfterShock posted on 22 Jan 2013, 08:17 1 0
Agreed, increase row count on home screen please.
38. najariner posted on 22 Jan 2013, 09:59 2 0
the hell is this ugly sh**!!!!sense 4 looked beautiful except the lag.WTF htc!!!
39. gwuhua1984 posted on 22 Jan 2013, 10:16 0 0
Mixed feeling... loved the flip clock, but this new clock gives the home screen more space.
40. android78 (unregistered) posted on 22 Jan 2013, 10:37 0 0
Please HTC don't get rid of the HTC flip clock. Thats my favorite feature of htc sense, if it ain't broke don't fix it. HTC phones needed a bigger, longer lasting battery and a slot for sd card expansion. Release the same version of the phone on every carrier and release different color option like htc did in japan with the j butterfly. if i want the windown 8 live tile experience i would buy the htc 8x. Looks like my rezound and DNA will be last htc phones in my stable of android phones.
41. MattAdorno posted on 22 Jan 2013, 11:36 0 0
I don't really like it - I thought the Sense 4.x was a good blend of pleasant visuals and simplicity; plus it very unique look.
This kinda reminds me of Samsung, where there widgets are just in a square off box - only completely colorless and even more boring.
45. EclipseGSX posted on 22 Jan 2013, 13:31 0 1
Not sure how I feel about this. Will it unlock like touchwiz now, or do you have to slide that tiny lock icon?
50. EclipseGSX posted on 22 Jan 2013, 18:51 0 1
HAHA! Looks like I have a hater. You're pathetic!