HTC Sensation XE Hands-on
0. phoneArena posted on 21 Sep 2011, 15:54
The HTC Sensation is still one of the best phones on the market so why are HTC already releasing a follow-up only months after its launch? Well it's got something to do with the sweet sound of music and its ability to generate what many refer to as "ka-ching!"...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. dacastrator (unregistered) posted on 21 Sep 2011, 15:56 5
Bad A$$ phone.
4. Galen20K posted on 21 Sep 2011, 16:08 3
I like the buttons red, but that red speaker grill looks tacky.
3. Flipopapotamus (unregistered) posted on 21 Sep 2011, 16:03 2
Does this one have MHL in it too?
20. remixfa posted on 21 Sep 2011, 21:21 0
yes, its launching oct/nov. its the SENSATION.. lol
6. zach (unregistered) posted on 21 Sep 2011, 16:36 2
That phone honestly looks so bada$$ the whole design on it just looks sick as f*ck, hope it comes to verizon!!
42. JDubNYY (unregistered) posted on 27 Sep 2011, 01:04 0
It is it's calles the HTC Vigor ( Icredible HD, or they came up with some other possible name) but the one for Verizon has a 720p screen instead of that crappy qHD so its going to beeee SSSSIIIIICCCCKKKK! And despite what haters say the Vigor for Verizon will have Beats Audio!
9. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 21 Sep 2011, 17:04 0
Considering its the sensation I'm pretty sure its going to t mobile
10. java (unregistered) posted on 21 Sep 2011, 17:13 0
Just don't get caught using that phone in the wrong part of LA. You'll get shot for sure. :P
11. paynekiller posted on 21 Sep 2011, 17:16 1
Is anything from the Sensation line coming to Sprint? The EVO 3D isnt really doing it for me.
14. paynekiller posted on 21 Sep 2011, 18:02 1
Ya I've had my eyes on that, but I've just been looking out for HTC's next top-of-the-line offering that doesn't boast 3D as the seller. 3D on it was ok,but I'm not interested really.
I'm sort of a HTC fan, I love their phones more than I do Samsung even if they are more difficult to "play" with. Their phone design and UI always have my attention but they have really fell behind with the Galaxy S II in terms of power. If I don't see anything in the coming weeks I may just have to go for the SGS II and end up putting Sense on it..
19. biophone posted on 21 Sep 2011, 19:53 0
Lol the most powerful phone has really fallen behind in terms of power. Yes sense is #1 :).
21. remixfa posted on 21 Sep 2011, 21:22 1
are you on crack? seriously? the SGS2 fell behind in power??
ITS THE MOST POWERFUL ANDROID SMARTPHONE (and probably most powerful period) ON THE PLANET.
23. Thump3rDX17 posted on 21 Sep 2011, 22:26 2
that's not what he meant. xD
he meant HTC fell behind Samsung with the Galaxy S II in terms of power.
26. biophone posted on 22 Sep 2011, 00:53 0
Poor wording I got it now to. Couldn't agree more painkiller
35. Lawk (unregistered) posted on 23 Sep 2011, 09:07 0
The SGS2 has a Yamaha DAC and other hardware limitations going on that make it inferior to the first gen Wolfson SGS in terms of audio auality.
So recommending a SGS2 variant makes no sense for the audiophile.
That said it remains unclear to me if the XE has a different DAC and or amp than the standard one or if the XE just has a beats equalizer preset.
43. JDubNYY (unregistered) posted on 27 Sep 2011, 01:06 0
Than you should drop that s**ty ass sprint and go to T-Mobile USA!
13. phoneguru (unregistered) posted on 21 Sep 2011, 17:44 0
the evo+ should be comming out soon the true next version of the evo so that might be what your looking for
15. Joshing4fun posted on 21 Sep 2011, 18:18 1
If it just had a 720p hd screen i would have jizzed my pants...
44. JDubNYY (unregistered) posted on 27 Sep 2011, 01:07 0
The HTC Vigor for Verizon will have a 720p screen! I can't wait for that phone it's going to be my next for SURE! SSOO SICK!
16. henrickrw posted on 21 Sep 2011, 18:34 0
Htc can do what they feel like. Galaxy S2 is the Beast
22. remixfa posted on 21 Sep 2011, 21:23 1
meh. 0.3% more ghz and a slightly bigger battery still wont let it play keep up with an SGS2.
24. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 21 Sep 2011, 23:38 0
Its going to take the next Samsung phone to beat the sgs2.
30. ngo2dd posted on 22 Sep 2011, 11:02 1
wow someone don't know how to do math. It is a 25% increase in speed. You know (.3/1.2)x100=25 And raw power mean nothing when the user don't enjoy it. A few people don't like touchwiz 4.0. A few people don't like Super AMOLED screen because it has unrealistic color i.e our saturated warm color. A few people like higher resolution screen. A few people like heavier feeling phone that have a 16:9 ratio. So ya, you feel like the SGS2 is the best good for you, but this a HTC article why are you here?
25. mudhi (unregistered) posted on 22 Sep 2011, 00:22 0
I got a question, duz anyone know if the beats mode will kick in when using other beats headphones like the studios? Or do u need specially built htc versions?
27. Kunal Dogra (unregistered) posted on 22 Sep 2011, 04:27 0
Samsung Epic 4G Touch is the BEST!! :) :P
28. Doom4420 (unregistered) posted on 22 Sep 2011, 09:15 1
Wow, Epic 4g is still the best! No the Sensation is the best, Sound like the good old days of "the ps3 is the most powerful, no the Xbox 360 is". Both can produce amazing lifelike graphics. Both phones have more power than they know what to do with. Here's an idea. When some game comes out that even pushes the Sensation, which is the weaker of the 2, let me know. Till then, it doesn't matter.
31. ngo2dd posted on 22 Sep 2011, 11:04 0
I like your answer. Games for android are still only design for single core.
29. Mike Honcho (unregistered) posted on 22 Sep 2011, 10:46 0
This why i hate living in Argentina. This baby is never coming here. If i want it, i'll have to buy it unlocked myself. Men i have the biggest bonner.
33. SprintPower posted on 22 Sep 2011, 20:47 0
I'm moving from EVO 4G to the Galaxy S2 but changing again in 2012 Q1 when the Galaxy Note comes out. Now THAT is one sweet phone.
34. soldi3rluv (unregistered) posted on 23 Sep 2011, 05:33 0
i cant believe it !! i bought the htv sensation 4g -- and now they are coming out with this one !! I WANT IT ! I NEED IT ! LOL. I LOVE MY HTC SENSATION BUT I THINK I WILL LOVE EVEN MORE THIS ONE -- WAITING TIL DECEMBER AND CONVINCING MY BOO TO GET ME WHATEVER PHONE I DECIDE ON ! LOL seriously dont understand why people are buying tablets cuz i can do anything on my htc sensation !!!!
38. diable (unregistered) posted on 24 Sep 2011, 21:14 0
here's how to turn your current sensation into a sensation xe:
1) flash your sensation with a rom based on the sensation xe dump (like android revolution hd 3.6)
2) buy a evo 3d battary (its 1730 mah just like the xe and it fits the og sensation)
3) get a pair of ibeats
for around $120 you have a xe with out the tacky ass red lights and battary cover
40. HTCSauce (unregistered) posted on 26 Sep 2011, 07:10 0
NOT 4G Though the old one is Grrrr WTF
41. Problacklist.One posted on 26 Sep 2011, 09:41 0
I want This Phone To Be On Sprint. Oh Sprint please get this phone on your Network