HTC Sensation Special Edition 2 brings Beats, faster processor, a new battery and more
in the box comes a special Beats headset offering "superior acoustic performance". The handset is said to bring Hi-Fidelity audio performance in connection with the Beats technology and the special headset. The usual price of a Beats by Dr. Dre in-ear headset is $119 which obviously accounts for some of the premium price of the unit. The specific carrier and launch date are both unknown at this time.
There is no doubt that the HTC Sensation Special Edition 2 is going to be marketed to those who use their smartphone to listen to music. For example, the bigger battery is said to be on board so music lovers can listen to music for longer. Now all that is needed is for HTC to sing out the words that make this official.
110. WakaFlakaD posted on 01 Sep 2011, 13:27 0 0
But Beats headphone never worth the price it carries on....
2. bobfreking556 (unregistered) posted on 31 Aug 2011, 22:24 0 0
I was wondering what was better, evo 3d, sensation or the 4g slide? I wish the beats phones are averagely priced since the beats headphones are too expensive.
4. thatoneguy... (unregistered) posted on 31 Aug 2011, 22:39 0 0
if you care about speed and power also 3d moves and games the evo 3d is for you
if you want a good looking phone and a good 3g and 4g network the sensation is for you
if you want a small screen and physical keyboard the my touch 4g is for you
really not that hard to choice.
7. myLITTLEpony (unregistered) posted on 31 Aug 2011, 22:50 1 4
if you care about speed you wouldn't be looking at any of those phones especially the HTC phones as they all used that slow and LAGGY adreno gpu. FAILED in my eyes and good looking PLEASE gs2 beats these phones in every way possible.
14. thatoneguy... (unregistered) posted on 31 Aug 2011, 23:03 2 0
Good i swear you sgs2 fanboys are becoming worse than apple fanboys. Have you ever thought that maybe we just dont want the gs2 hard to imagine right but i rather get my updates on time unlike you guys who would probably get ics this time next year also i want a phone that feels like a phone not some cheap plasticity toy
22. myLITTLEpony (unregistered) posted on 31 Aug 2011, 23:13 0 0
um... I get all my updates on a timely manner don't know what you are talking about
8. thatoneguy... (unregistered) posted on 31 Aug 2011, 22:55 2 0
haha you know what i realized if you combine all three of them the power and speed of the evo 3d and the look and feel of the sensation top it of with the camera of the my touch 4g slide that would be one kick ass phone
10. myLITTLEpony (unregistered) posted on 31 Aug 2011, 22:57 0 0
it would take at LEAST that much for those 3 to come up
25. jhgkiu posted on 31 Aug 2011, 23:15 0 3
iphone 5.....i win
42. jhgkiu posted on 31 Aug 2011, 23:31 0 0
i was being sarcastic lol
3. Krishaun27 posted on 31 Aug 2011, 22:28 0 0
I wonder if the HTC Ruby for T mobile will be a variant of this phone, the specs are similar.
98. Thump3rDX17 posted on 01 Sep 2011, 02:15 0 0
that's probably all it is. a Sensation with a different color scheme and a few bumped specs. red i'm supposing by the Ruby internal name and the red Beats by Dre branding.
5. myLITTLEpony (unregistered) posted on 31 Aug 2011, 22:48 0 4
POS failed phone no way can it stand in the shadows of the gs2 or nexus prime. Please sit back down sensation along with your weakA$$ adreno gpu. All the sensation can do smoothly is LAG. OMG and that price tag lol...
36. Mario1017 (unregistered) posted on 31 Aug 2011, 23:25 1 1
actually if you did not know the qualcomm sms8660 is the most powerful processr available. cpu and gpu, next time before you comment, know your info
40. myLITTLEpony (unregistered) posted on 31 Aug 2011, 23:29 0 2
what...? where did you get that info? Link? prove it MARIO if not that STFU. For your information the evo 3d run the 8660 with adreno 220 and that phone has been beaten in both benchmark scores and real life testing like opening apps, playing games, and browsing. Just look at any vs video between the evo 3d and SGS2. OMG another moron putting crap up maybe you should know your info MARIO!
52. HarryPothead (unregistered) posted on 31 Aug 2011, 23:42 0 0
the only reason the evo 3ds benchmark is so low is because of sense
56. myLITTLEpony (unregistered) posted on 31 Aug 2011, 23:46 0 0
... and the weakas$ soc, gpu, screen resolution yada yayda. Which means the phone FAILED. Any other excuse HARRYPOTHEAD?
84. vantenkiest posted on 01 Sep 2011, 00:23 1 0
wow myLITTLEpony.. chill the fuck out. everyone has their preference some people like htc some dont.. if your a die hard galaxy fan than cool but that doesnt make everyone else an idiot.. it terms of needs let everyone else figure out what they want and stop flaming..
in terms of the phones sgs2 was going to be my first choice.. now i cant get that as it wont be for verizon.. the prime might be but not sure if thats what im going to want.. so the htc vigor will be my next choice trumping the clockspeed anyway at 1.5ghz DC sgs2 has 1.2ghz DC I like htc Sense and htc did something sammy didnt.. I love that while driving i can answer my phone and still see my gps with very few issues. with every other brand i need to answer the call press home pull down notifications and then select nav. and then it lags...
The review model of the gs2 i got lagged pretty hard when i was trying to drive and talk at the same time. or if it was getting ready to use gps and do anything else for that matter.
So anyway in terms of your opinions keep them objective and stop fucking flaming.
92. myLITTLEpony (unregistered) posted on 01 Sep 2011, 00:33 0 0
well in the end I had to agree with FATEXO that the HTC Sensation is HELLA better. But for your info there's no confirmation that the nexus is coming to Verizon and maybe you just have to learn to use a smartphone right. It nice and easy not some jab and dab because if you do any phone will lag.
95. vantenkiest posted on 01 Sep 2011, 01:01 0 0
I know how to use a smartphone just fine rooted and not.. after 8 hours of optimization it still has its issues but everything does.. but a total flame war here isnt needed..
111. Mario1017 (unregistered) posted on 04 Sep 2011, 16:25 1 0
Im not a moron, when i say something i know it's the truth.
The reason the processor scored so low on benchmarks is because thit is asynchronus, rather than synchronus found in the exynos and Tegra 2. asynchronus allows only one processor to be used when needed and the other when needed. so when quadrant and other benchmarks try to score this processor they are only scoring the one processor at work rather than the tegra and exynos that are always at work.
Here is a link link:
Here is another just to put the icing on the cake:http://zlstudios.net/2011/04/1-5ghz-qualcomm-msm8660-the-new-fastest-mobile-cpu/
112. Thump3rDX17 posted on 04 Sep 2011, 16:33 0 0
you need to look at the HTC EVO 3D review discussion where i explain all of this.
99. Thump3rDX17 posted on 01 Sep 2011, 02:31 0 1
uh actually it really is the worst behind the Tegra II, OMAP & Exynos chip sets and i assure you i do my research.
CPU: the Qualcomm MSM8660 or S3 uses dual Scorpion cores which is based off of ARM-Cortex A8 technology which translates to inferior performance compared to the A9 architecture that all of the others use.
GPU: while the Adreno 220 is no slouch by any means in comparison to the OMAP's and even the Hummingbird's PowerVR SGX530 even being older GPU still out performs Adreno.
here's a nice site that explains everything i've told you.
"next time before you comment, know your info."
advice worth taking, especially before you say something as ridiculous as what you said.
9. fatexo posted on 31 Aug 2011, 22:57 2 1
i can see some SGS2 owners become jealous of this sensational phone over here.
11. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 31 Aug 2011, 22:58 0 1
The sgs2 is still way more powerful and faster.
13. fatexo posted on 31 Aug 2011, 23:03 2 1
i agree but u cant say the sensation a FAIL
the cheap plastic of SGS2 is not even comparable to the quality of the Sensation
17. myLITTLEpony (unregistered) posted on 31 Aug 2011, 23:08 1 1
its the inside that counts fatexo the inside haven't you heard of that? or would you rather have a beautiful shell of a phone that lags... hello!
72. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 01 Sep 2011, 00:06 0 1
thats when you get a phone cover and it doesn't matter how well built a phone is, the sgs2 will still run circles around this phone even if it was made from diamonds and gold.
76. jhgkiu posted on 01 Sep 2011, 00:11 0 1
to bad your not getting it cause your on Verizon hahahahhahahaha
105. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 01 Sep 2011, 05:57 0 0
too bad I am because I'm switching over to sprint hahahahahahaha..........idiot.
100. Thump3rDX17 posted on 01 Sep 2011, 02:38 0 0
you sound like remixfa now. xD
that's the case when you're getting something like an Otterbox case.
i prefer something that's not bulky, i'd even take a nice skin on my Droid 3.
it always matters how well a phone is built. i'd rather have something that feels nice and sturdy in a case than plastic in more plastic. i can't wait to feel a Galaxy S II though because it looks like it does feel nice with it's textured back.
12. myLITTLEpony (unregistered) posted on 31 Aug 2011, 23:00 0 2
why please tell me why a SGS2 owner would be jealous. SGS2 run a bigger better screen, bigger battery, 3x the amount of free space and that's built in, better soc and a gpu that would run circles with the specs these phone have. Also the SGS2 is about to get the LTE version that even faster so please FATEXO tell me Y.
16. readingthissh1t posted on 31 Aug 2011, 23:07 0 0
i love both phones but quad core phones in january february, will kick gs2's ass. you seem like a samsung fanboy. calm the phuck down. btw gs2 has the amazing samled+ but it also has a s**t average resolution.
19. myLITTLEpony (unregistered) posted on 31 Aug 2011, 23:10 0 0
yeah but that the future and this is now, besides by January samsung will introduce the SGS3 and that would run circles with your quad core aka kal-el phones. Also sammy's got the HD screen coming up as well so...
23. readingthissh1t posted on 31 Aug 2011, 23:15 0 0
yeah i know lol but really sgs3?? we just got 2. us carriers suck d*ck. i want a quad core htc with beats and a hd screen no pentile
18. fatexo posted on 31 Aug 2011, 23:09 2 0
as far as the screen goes.. both are 4.3inch n sensation has got a qHD and a 16:9 screen ratio with SLCD
now SGS2 has WVGA of 5:3 raio with SAMOLED+..
while some may like the SAMOLED+ but Sensation's screen is a win for me.. and i know how much time the SGS takes to load a simple stock messaging app.. even getting a "loading" popup while pressing 'menu' in the camera app is your DUAL CORE POWER..??
20. myLITTLEpony (unregistered) posted on 31 Aug 2011, 23:11 0 0
mine is a speed demon
24. fatexo posted on 31 Aug 2011, 23:15 2 1
then you have not used phones like Sensation and Evo 3D.. or you are sooo slow that u cant handle anything faster than your SGS2
26. myLITTLEpony (unregistered) posted on 31 Aug 2011, 23:16 0 0
like what? give me a phone out right now thats faster
35. fatexo posted on 31 Aug 2011, 23:25 1 0
there are many.. u ll see them if u take off the SGS2 ribbon from ur eyes..
45. myLITTLEpony (unregistered) posted on 31 Aug 2011, 23:34 0 0
so I guess you couldn't come up with any huh? told you so
27. jhgkiu posted on 31 Aug 2011, 23:17 0 0
to be honest i've used both phone and like the evo 3d more
29. myLITTLEpony (unregistered) posted on 31 Aug 2011, 23:19 0 0
doubt it... if you did you wouldn't say that
30. fatexo posted on 31 Aug 2011, 23:20 0 0
i bet he did and u didnt..
32. myLITTLEpony (unregistered) posted on 31 Aug 2011, 23:21 0 0
fatexo please... stop talking, you know the gs2 is better in every way or else you would've came up with some better arguments.
38. fatexo posted on 31 Aug 2011, 23:26 1 1
ok now who was the one to come and talk about his Sammy in a HTC article..???
77. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 01 Sep 2011, 00:12 1 1
pretty sure you started this with your whole comment about how sgs2 users would be jealous.
37. jhgkiu posted on 31 Aug 2011, 23:26 1 0
im not saying i hate the sgs2 its a really good phone but i dont like the screen i know the biggest sailing point to the phone is its screen but it looks way over saturated to me i prefer just amoled screen like the one on the nexus one but for some reason every body stopped using that kinda of screen so the next best thing is SLCD. Also the phone felt cheap and thats the one thing i cant tolerate
43. myLITTLEpony (unregistered) posted on 31 Aug 2011, 23:32 0 0
dude you need some glasses and as for the chaep feel just put on one of the many covers.
63. jhgkiu posted on 31 Aug 2011, 23:56 0 0
i believe the saying was "if you put lipstick on a pig it would still be a pig" same goes for this no matter how much cover you put on it it would still be a cheap feeling phone
68. myLITTLEpony (unregistered) posted on 01 Sep 2011, 00:03 0 0
and no matter how much FATEXO says about the sensation a FAILED phone will be a FAILED phone.
73. jhgkiu posted on 01 Sep 2011, 00:09 0 0
So you agree that the sgs2 is a cheap feeling phone good now we can get over that Also how the hell is the sensation a fail when its the best selling phone on tmobile?????
87. myLITTLEpony (unregistered) posted on 01 Sep 2011, 00:29 0 0
well thats because tmobil is a failed company that about to be bought by atnt.
21. myLITTLEpony (unregistered) posted on 31 Aug 2011, 23:12 0 1
post something with a little more point
28. readingthissh1t posted on 31 Aug 2011, 23:17 2 0
my d*ck push some potential babies through the urethra, out the tip and onto my underwear
31. myLITTLEpony (unregistered) posted on 31 Aug 2011, 23:20 0 0
wow you are so intelligent don't start talking about small penis this is a tech blog
33. readingthissh1t posted on 31 Aug 2011, 23:23 2 0
take your little a$$ pony and go troll somewhere else you f*ckin fanboi.
34. myLITTLEpony (unregistered) posted on 31 Aug 2011, 23:24 0 0
wow that's it?
39. fatexo posted on 31 Aug 2011, 23:28 0 0
wow.. u stole my words..