HTC Rezound getting its long-awaited Android 4.0 update on Sunday?
0. phoneArena 28 Jul 2012, 17:38 posted on
A leaked document listing Verizon's software updates for the week shows that the HTC Rezound will be getting its long awaited Android 4.0 update on Sunday; HTC had been discussing updating the device since March...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. CivicSi89 (Posts: 348; Member since: 23 Jul 2011)
ABOUT FREAKING TIME!!!!! I HOPE THIS IS TRUE!!!! WOOT!!! (aw crap.. i did that all in caps. now i look like an idiot.. lol)
3. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Thank goodness I picked the Razr over this thing.
4. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
How the hell the REZOUND gets 4.0 and the Inspire doesn't?
5. Allen3697 (Posts: 86; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
The Rezound is dual core and Inspire isn't?
10. JC557 (Posts: 1289; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
The Thunderbolt and Incredible 2 are expected (so far) to receive ICS later this year, sometime after the Rezound.
6. aphrophyre (Posts: 24; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
It's also a big deal that the HTC Trophy Windows Phone is also scheduled for an update. I suppose it's the Tango update. Please post an article about this.
15. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
please post in a relavent article? this might seem like trolling to some people
7. letsb4real25 (Posts: 21; Member since: 28 Dec 2011)
Been running a completely functional version of ICS since January but it will be nice to get a little update. I'm more interested in the radios and when this hits I won't install it until the devs have optimized it and removed all of the bloatware.
8. jroc74 (Posts: 5850; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Welll...looks like its time to charge up my Rezound...
9. TOdoubleD (Posts: 114; Member since: 28 Mar 2011)
Why does the document say you can pull the update on 6/1? Fake? I hope not, but I'll believe this when I see it.
12. babyboy14622 (Posts: 34; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
tomorrow hopefully everyone starts to see the new update come thru for the htc rezound but if not then sometime soon it will
13. AndroidVsApple (Posts: 12; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
About time to get rid of Laggy Sense 3.5 ...Reminds me Of the Changes from Windows Vista(Sense 3.5) To Windows 7(Sense 4.0)
14. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
" Wat' Ju' talkin' 'bout, Willis ?"
Rezound's not laggy; you want laggy, try the DROID dis-CHARGE (had one for 4 freakin' months: "HATED IT!") or the iPhone 4S.
I've had the Rezound for almost a week (ditched the dis-CHARGE), it's pretty zippy and fast.
A good second to my RAZR and I'm really enjoying Sense again, especially on 1.5 gHz!
18. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3101; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
lol I get what you are saying but let's be honest.....any phone that has come out in the last year or two is WAY more zippy and responsive as the Droid Charge. I don't know what happened to that phone. Even the original Galaxy S phones were more responsive and way less laggy than that phone. They rushed it out for LTE and the first batch of LTE phones had a lot of problems for Verizon. The Thunderbolt seemed to be the most stable but it could have been because it was running a second gen single core processor and had more RAM. But you saw what happened to the original Droid Bionic and how long it took them to release the second version.
16. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
actually you don't get sense 4.0
you get sense 3.6 which is basically sense 3.5, but based on ics
21. letsb4real25 (Posts: 21; Member since: 28 Dec 2011)
You're right we get 3.6. From my experience 3.6 is smoother than 3.5. I don't know if it's just on dev builds or if it'll be on the stock build too
22. Superpiff (Posts: 36; Member since: 29 Jul 2012)
Its with the stock build also played with the vivid before and after sense3.6 and it was much smoother after its update
17. tedkord (Posts: 9066; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Yeah, Sense 3.5 didn't even lag on my single core Thunderbolt. Try again.
19. hypergamer1231 (Posts: 1; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
Did anyone even notice the attached image says HTC trophy Apollo update approved and the date mentioned is 08/01.Isnt that weird
24. rockstarlive (Posts: 307; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
No. I didn't get it. I am gonna check around tomorrow early morning.
25. JC557 (Posts: 1289; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Checked periodically throughout the whole day and still nothing. Though the leaked memo did say something about In Queue and not In Progress like it did for the Droid Razr.
It's the end of July and Verizon green lighted it so it's time to get going HTC. Of course we shouldn't be waiting for VZW to greenlight s**t.