HTC One with stock Android rumor won't die
0. phoneArena 22 May 2013, 14:31 posted on
When Google surprised us all by announcing the Google Edition Samsung Galaxy S4, the rumors started up right away about the possibility of the HTC One getting the same treatment. Something about the idea of the HTC One hardware with stock Android and no Sense really got people excited (we wonder if HTC noticed that part), but HTC attempted to dispel the rumors. Unfortunately, this rumor isn't going away that easily...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
15. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
This article is ridiculous, the source is taken out of context.
LlabTooFeR was giving an ETA for a custom senseless rom release!
The source is a rom developer!
geez michael, did you read the tweets before listing them as sources?
I expect this from pocketnow, and from some other writers on this site; but not you mikey.
16. Synack (Posts: 672; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
We've already got senseless Roms, at least 3-4 AOSP/AOKP/CM10 Roms. 4.2.2 is everywhere for the HTC One. I installed it earlier today as a matter of fact. I switched back because I actually wanted to keep Blinkfeed and some other things though. Sense 5 is actually pretty good.
19. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
I know there are already senseless roms -.-
LlabTooFeR was talking about his next senseless release.
I never said it was the first. That was another incorrect assumption that pocket now and michael made.
Nowhere in the source does it say it is going to be the first senseless HTC one.
20. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Actually no, that's not right. Someone asked LlabTooFeR when the official OTA update of 4.2.2 was coming to the HTC One. LlabTooFeR then responded with the tease saying he thinks it is coming at the end of summer. Someone asked for clarification, and LlabTooFeR dropped it that he was talking about a "Sensless HTC One" aka an HTC One released with stock Android.
Besides, there's another leak that is confirming this info. I'm writing it up now.
21. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
I've read all the tweets, the word official isn't in any of them.
LlabTooFeR was talking about his own release of a senseless 4.2.2 rom.
Just read your source michael.
3. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3072; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
The problem is with the HTC ONE is that it needs a dedicated menu button or remove the touch keys and just use on screen buttons.
4. datsyuk (Posts: 177; Member since: 11 Jan 2012)
Correct me if I'm wrong but I saw when the phone is rooted the HTC logo on the bottom in the center is actually a button and can be used a menu button. You still need to root it, but who doesn't root these things anyway ;)
6. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3072; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
True but you shouldn't have to root a phone just to be able to use it properly. I LOVE the HTC One but their back, home button layout sucks.
8. lovenyc8 (Posts: 164; Member since: 13 Mar 2013)
you don't need to root it you can just use this app for the HTC logo to work as menu
9. Taters (Posts: 4777; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
You can't use Swipe home as a menu button...it doesn't offer a back button gesture or a menu button gesture.
5. MobileJunkieJr (Posts: 46; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
Are these people using "senseless HTC One" as a metaphor???
10. PermanentHiatus (Posts: 267; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
HTC is dead. Everyone in that company is abandoning ship.
11. roldefol (Posts: 3260; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
They look a lot more promising (in North America at least) than Blackberry at that moment. And how exactly is Android better off without HTC?
12. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
sadly right now these people thing all android needs is samsung and samsung is everything
what they dont realise is with less and less competitions others wont bring much change as they wont have too. progression of tech will slow and innovation will be rarer then it is now
HTC produce some excellent devices they need to learn samsungs marketing tricks that they learnt from apple. marketing is the driiving force nowadays
14. roldefol (Posts: 3260; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
sadly yes. I see it around me, I know 4 people who have bought Galaxy S3s in the last year but nobody but me with an HTC. Marketing and name recognition are 90% of the game.
13. roldefol (Posts: 3260; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Between this rumor and the Verizon HTC One, there seems to be more excitement and press coverage of wishful thinking than actual HTC news. But I guess any press is good press eh?
17. boosook (Posts: 1276; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Do it, do it, do it! And sell it outside U.S.!
18. yadu004 (Posts: 64; Member since: 26 Apr 2013)
That doesn't make any "sense"... oh wait!!! :)