HTC One with larger screen coming?
0. phoneArena 25 May 2013, 05:06 posted on
Despite talk that HTC is in freefall, the Taiwan based company has come up with its first big hit in years with the HTC One; the device has sold 5 million units and there is talk about a possible 'Google Edition' of the phone that would pack stock Android. Additionally, sources with knowledge of what is going on inside HTC say that a version of the device with a larger 5.x inch screen is being planned...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. drpain (Posts: 85; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
3000mah battery or I'm not even gonna look at it. Come on htc make a maxx version of the htc one. I'll pay an extra 100 bucks for that. It's the least you can do with a non removable battery.
5.3 inch 1080p
6mp ultra pixel camera
I'd pay 299 on contract, dead serious
5. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
8x A15 CPU
4GB RAM, for great multitasking
Sapphire front and rear glass, orDragontrail, Carbon-Fibre
Exmoor R sensors
3x optical zoom
I'd pay 500+
7. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
^ Keep on dreaming.
"Carl Zeiss" made me laugh like a hysteric patient.
Textbook case of specwhore who judges a device by specs alone.
10. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
O really,so 720p dualcore you dont like, Adreno 225Gpu you hate, but prefer A205Gpu?
So on cars you would prefer Bmw 318, and not the M3? You don't like, or want power in resrve? You wouldn't want to feed you're brains with knowledge?
Looks like you are an average joe, suits you fine. Why and what's it to you if others prefer power, specs, Torque to standard commercial rubbish!
9. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
TROLL, you need to remember, these specs you mentioned will cost you 900+.
"Exmoor R sensors"? You mean Exmor RS sensors right? I don't think HTC will think about that cause they already have their own Ultrapixels, why would HTC make a phone with Exmor RS when they already have their own Ultrapixels? That doesn't make any sense.
Your specs are sick!
TROLL, is imagine your hobby?
11. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Most of his specs doesnt make any sense. Carl Zeiss is exclusive to Nokia only. Optical zoom will make the phone thick. 8X a15 CPU will increase risk of overheating (when it already happens to Galaxy S4 which has only 4 A15 cores). Just a delusional person as usual.
14. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Anythings possible, side air release vents which you find in every electrial products. So when the Cpu, Gpu heats up, it will not require fans, but side small air vents to cool down, smart wise thinking.
15. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Vents will only serve as a dust clogging site, slowing down the cooling fans even more. A no-brainer design. The only possible solution is like Japan's NEC company who came up with a phone with liquid cooling system.
51. medicci37 (Posts: 1271; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Just seen a article the other day about a new smartphone coming out that uses liquid cooling. At the least, I would like to see the side air vents implemented on new high end phones. Love my new HTC 1. But runs very hott when playing games ect.
12. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Surely in a year or 2 it would be available, but why not now?
But not in mobile devices, how sad and pathetic.
13. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
^ In 2 years maybe, but not now. We are talking about the present and near future - the topic here is a larger HTC One, assuming up to Q4 this year or Q1 next year. But, what i am pretty sure, keeping a 10mm waistline and having optical zooming is impossible to achieve, if you care about thickness.
"Not in mobile devices"? IMO mobile devices are advancing faster than laptops and PCs, especially in screen technology. Super Amoled, Clear Black, all these stuff you cant find it in a laptop. If they are applied to laptops they will cost like a bomb.
16. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Ask the manufacturers, don't ask me.
TROLL, we're in 2013, not 2020, not 2033. Yes, maybe these specs will be available in the future, but not now. Just give those manufacturers some time to innovate!
25. lyndon420 (Posts: 3965; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
So do you put these other 'vented' gadgets in your pocket?
37. giani (Posts: 269; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Your comment (lyndon420) was CLASS !
+1 sir !
17. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
His specs' are dead on (not sick). You know, throughout history geniuses have been ostracized and condemned (some even excommunicated by the Catholic Church) for their 'imagination'; he is no different. His specs' will be reality one day (maybe not on one of those iPhones) and he will be heralded for his vision.
20. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Green to Dorothy, Experia and exkerogane+1 all
23. eisenbricher (Posts: 973; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
So you admit your defeat?
Oh well well who cares anyway xD
29. tashreef (Posts: 476; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
wow "TROLL" you got a cool specs sheet, han
why don't you make one by yourself?
I'd pay 600+, what say? LOL
33. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
I wish i, we could tashreef!
But it's a dream, or wait till 2015 maybe....?
3. wendygarett (unregistered)
Another day, another one... Smh
21. Jonathan41 (Posts: 532; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
Huh...Wendy. There are 3 or 4 different versions of the S4 not to mention tons of other Galaxy S phones that keep showing up. These are just rumors about HTC. Besides, I really don't see the problem with giving customers different choices.
35. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 779; Member since: 11 May 2013)
She is playing guys. If you see her comment, IGNORE!
She wants to mess around.
50. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
oh so she just playing??
no evil haters or something bad like you always said to samsung haters??
52. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 779; Member since: 11 May 2013)
Cmon get a life..
Should i reply with wendygaret with "shut up! Stupid troll"
All the time.. She is wendygarett okay!
I will also do such thing with galaxymega6.3..
69. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
you don't have to worry about me i have a wonderful life,
you can replay anything what you want just please don't hide behind those name "SonyFindOneDroidple"
you said you are Sony fans
but you will only get angry when someone said something bad about samsung
71. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 779; Member since: 11 May 2013)
You are the most stupid person i have encountered..
You cannot comprehend. You cannot analyze. You have to wander around here in PA, not only in Sony's articles so you'll understand even a little bit.
Whats wrong if i am also a big fan of samsung? A fan of Sony? Oppo? HtC and apple?..
72. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
its okay if you like every manufacturers just like what experiaDROID do,
the only problem is you really get so angry "ONLY" when someone said something bad about samsung
there is many evil haters from "samsung fanboys" not only (wendygarret or galaxymega6.3)
but you never attack them like you attack samsung haters
what i want to say is if you doesn't like "haters" just be fair and attack all of them not only samsung hatters
haha don't be so with me angry because we will meet again soon.
26. tashreef (Posts: 476; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
Wendy why the hate for Htc....!? you better ask,
Wendy why the hate for Htc,Nokia,Sony,Apple,Huawei,LG?
did i miss someone? ....... yeh "Samsung"
34. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
That's right, she only likes Samsung and Apple, but why the hate for the others....?
54. roldefol (Posts: 4099; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
She likes whoever's on top. Last year it was Apple, now it's Samsung. If HTC were #1, she'd suddenly be a die-hard for them. I swear PA must be paying her to stir up the comments and get us all riled up.
39. giani (Posts: 269; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
wendy..I liked you better when you were an ish33p ! now that you are part of the plastic army china fake cheap copycat gadgets...is just not the same... :( #
I propose a vote...what is worse..an ish33p or a samsuck v2???
green for ish33ps red for samsucks v2 !
40. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 779; Member since: 11 May 2013)
What is worse?
A stupid f***ing samsung hater!
44. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
haha sony, htc, or nokia hater for you they just another fanboys
but you will start angry when someone said something bad about samsung.
for you they are the worst evil haters right??
haha for me you just another samsh33p
please don't hide behind those name "SonyFindOneDroidple"
45. giani (Posts: 269; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
a bit disappointed have to say..
"red thumbs for samsucks"..common did u not just see what i did there... I've provided the cure against the army of plastic !!!
p.s. sonyfindonedroidple ... I have nothing against a plastic slab with cheap chrome metal imitation band around ! i might not like "sammys" practices when it comes to marketing and copycat everything out there but that's another story. you are not a student by any chance are u ?
47. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 779; Member since: 11 May 2013)
K fine.. there is something wrong with contradicting a very stupid comment.. . I know you will support giani, there's nothing wrong with that for a disgraced Sony fanboy..
At least i am not supporting stupid samsung fanboys.
Get a life. I am done with you.
46. giani (Posts: 269; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
p.s. to p.s. call me "a stupid f***ing samsuck hater" again and i promise you i wont come and visit your mama any more..not tonight not ever !
4. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Then what's the point of the Butterfly/Droid DNA series of phones? I thought Butterfly series of phones are like Samsung's Note series which goes for bigger screen sizes. The mentioned specs sound like something you will see in HTC Butterfly S/ Buterfly 2 (whatever they are going to call it).
If this phone goes by ONE series naming HTC is really screwing up with their naming. Simply not systematic at all. Desire series was high end 2-3 years ago and now used in entry-level and mid range phones.
68. Suo.Eno (Posts: 489; Member since: 17 Feb 2013)
Well this is assuming if HTC do plan to keep the Butterfly line alive yes? If there's any indication it's the exact opposite. Frankly imho they bombed it the second they went "Butterfly" for what's relatively an improved Droid DNA. That and as far as being systematic goes, pulling that stunt again w/ that HTC "J" One aren't helping the cause either.
6. OldNorseBruin (Posts: 230; Member since: 12 Mar 2013)
All of these manufacturers who make their batteries non-removable, should at LEAST make those phones IP57 -waterproof- certified...The only reason NOT to : When your battery dies, you're FORCED to buy a NEW $$$ phone...
8. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
there is certainly a lot of HTC rumors out... but if they make a five inch device with 1080p then it will look amazing! but HTC please stop with the ultrapixels there good in low light but nothing else really please just stick with megapixels for this one!
30. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Hahaha good one but by 5inch I meant 5.x inch eg.5.5inch not just 5 inch....more towards the phablet end of the market....
24. ajac09 (Posts: 1481; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
5 million to carriers not to customers...quote the correct spot. The HTC one is soon to be a BOGO free or penny phone if they dont ramp up advertising.
28. mydi.maus (unregistered)
DREAM SPEC: HTC II
1)Dragontrail glass 1280x1080p 520 ppi (5.2"amoled screen)
3)water,dust,shock resistance IP68 certified (Military standard).
4)android 4.3 jbean snapdragon 800 A15 adreno 330 gpu
5)8.7 ultrapixels w/8x optical zoom
6)pupil scan security unlock
8)3600 Mah BATTERY
all i need is your price tag HTC. $$975-1,000 that will do.
31. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
No one can take your dreams away from you!!Y
36. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Me2, also include the specs i mentioned....!
128 SSD, class 12 reading writing speed
59. tedkord (Posts: 10619; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
1280x1080? You want an almost square screen?
32. tomn1ce (Posts: 206; Member since: 12 Mar 2012)
It would be nice if they make this new device with a camera with 8 UltraPixels and dual LED/xenon flash. With a battery capacity of 3000+ mAh battery, 32GB internal storage. With a microsd slot for up to 64GB, 5-5.3" 1080p display and avaible on vzw. I might consider it to be my 1st HTC device.
38. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 779; Member since: 11 May 2013)
If they will use htc one's design, they must do something to lessen the bezel so it wouldnt be so big.. on-screen buttons will do
41. Apartments (Posts: 17; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
It's gonna take more than that to compete with Samsung. .people want features. .but like I said before that's why there are leading the pack. .different screen sizes now your taking after Samsung
42. mafiaprinc3 (Posts: 518; Member since: 07 May 2012)
wow,nice to see the specs lister,won't happen for a while though,they should employ the liquid cooling as nec did with their phone,could help alot,i think.
43. preet27in (banned) (Posts: 173; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
WOW. 5 INCHES IS JUST damn good for htc one. but hey htc think about this.........13 MP camera with ULTRAPIXELS. technology. wow i bet u..... no one can even come closer in defeating an htc. htc one is just the best looking handset ever by any company. good luck