HTC One with larger screen coming?
0. phoneArena 25 May 2013, 05:06 posted on
Despite talk that HTC is in freefall, the Taiwan based company has come up with its first big hit in years with the HTC One; the device has sold 5 million units and there is talk about a possible 'Google Edition' of the phone that would pack stock Android. Additionally, sources with knowledge of what is going on inside HTC say that a version of the device with a larger 5.x inch screen is being planned...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. drpain (Posts: 85; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
3000mah battery or I'm not even gonna look at it. Come on htc make a maxx version of the htc one. I'll pay an extra 100 bucks for that. It's the least you can do with a non removable battery.
5.3 inch 1080p
6mp ultra pixel camera
I'd pay 299 on contract, dead serious
5. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
8x A15 CPU
4GB RAM, for great multitasking
Sapphire front and rear glass, orDragontrail, Carbon-Fibre
Exmoor R sensors
3x optical zoom
I'd pay 500+
7. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
^ Keep on dreaming.
"Carl Zeiss" made me laugh like a hysteric patient.
Textbook case of specwhore who judges a device by specs alone.
10. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
O really,so 720p dualcore you dont like, Adreno 225Gpu you hate, but prefer A205Gpu?
So on cars you would prefer Bmw 318, and not the M3? You don't like, or want power in resrve? You wouldn't want to feed you're brains with knowledge?
Looks like you are an average joe, suits you fine. Why and what's it to you if others prefer power, specs, Torque to standard commercial rubbish!
9. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
TROLL, you need to remember, these specs you mentioned will cost you 900+.
"Exmoor R sensors"? You mean Exmor RS sensors right? I don't think HTC will think about that cause they already have their own Ultrapixels, why would HTC make a phone with Exmor RS when they already have their own Ultrapixels? That doesn't make any sense.
Your specs are sick!
TROLL, is imagine your hobby?
11. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Most of his specs doesnt make any sense. Carl Zeiss is exclusive to Nokia only. Optical zoom will make the phone thick. 8X a15 CPU will increase risk of overheating (when it already happens to Galaxy S4 which has only 4 A15 cores). Just a delusional person as usual.
14. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Anythings possible, side air release vents which you find in every electrial products. So when the Cpu, Gpu heats up, it will not require fans, but side small air vents to cool down, smart wise thinking.
15. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Vents will only serve as a dust clogging site, slowing down the cooling fans even more. A no-brainer design. The only possible solution is like Japan's NEC company who came up with a phone with liquid cooling system.
51. medicci37 (Posts: 1282; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Just seen a article the other day about a new smartphone coming out that uses liquid cooling. At the least, I would like to see the side air vents implemented on new high end phones. Love my new HTC 1. But runs very hott when playing games ect.
12. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Surely in a year or 2 it would be available, but why not now?
But not in mobile devices, how sad and pathetic.
13. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
^ In 2 years maybe, but not now. We are talking about the present and near future - the topic here is a larger HTC One, assuming up to Q4 this year or Q1 next year. But, what i am pretty sure, keeping a 10mm waistline and having optical zooming is impossible to achieve, if you care about thickness.
"Not in mobile devices"? IMO mobile devices are advancing faster than laptops and PCs, especially in screen technology. Super Amoled, Clear Black, all these stuff you cant find it in a laptop. If they are applied to laptops they will cost like a bomb.
16. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Ask the manufacturers, don't ask me.
TROLL, we're in 2013, not 2020, not 2033. Yes, maybe these specs will be available in the future, but not now. Just give those manufacturers some time to innovate!
25. lyndon420 (Posts: 4466; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
So do you put these other 'vented' gadgets in your pocket?
37. giani (Posts: 269; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Your comment (lyndon420) was CLASS !
+1 sir !
17. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
His specs' are dead on (not sick). You know, throughout history geniuses have been ostracized and condemned (some even excommunicated by the Catholic Church) for their 'imagination'; he is no different. His specs' will be reality one day (maybe not on one of those iPhones) and he will be heralded for his vision.
20. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Green to Dorothy, Experia and exkerogane+1 all
23. eisenbricher (Posts: 973; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
So you admit your defeat?
Oh well well who cares anyway xD
29. tashreef (Posts: 476; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
wow "TROLL" you got a cool specs sheet, han
why don't you make one by yourself?
I'd pay 600+, what say? LOL
33. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
I wish i, we could tashreef!
But it's a dream, or wait till 2015 maybe....?
3. wendygarett (unregistered)
Another day, another one... Smh
21. Jonathan41 (Posts: 532; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
Huh...Wendy. There are 3 or 4 different versions of the S4 not to mention tons of other Galaxy S phones that keep showing up. These are just rumors about HTC. Besides, I really don't see the problem with giving customers different choices.
35. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 808; Member since: 11 May 2013)
She is playing guys. If you see her comment, IGNORE!
She wants to mess around.
50. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
oh so she just playing??
no evil haters or something bad like you always said to samsung haters??
52. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 808; Member since: 11 May 2013)
Cmon get a life..
Should i reply with wendygaret with "shut up! Stupid troll"
All the time.. She is wendygarett okay!
I will also do such thing with galaxymega6.3..
69. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
you don't have to worry about me i have a wonderful life,
you can replay anything what you want just please don't hide behind those name "SonyFindOneDroidple"
you said you are Sony fans
but you will only get angry when someone said something bad about samsung
71. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 808; Member since: 11 May 2013)
You are the most stupid person i have encountered..
You cannot comprehend. You cannot analyze. You have to wander around here in PA, not only in Sony's articles so you'll understand even a little bit.
Whats wrong if i am also a big fan of samsung? A fan of Sony? Oppo? HtC and apple?..
72. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
its okay if you like every manufacturers just like what experiaDROID do,
the only problem is you really get so angry "ONLY" when someone said something bad about samsung
there is many evil haters from "samsung fanboys" not only (wendygarret or galaxymega6.3)
but you never attack them like you attack samsung haters
what i want to say is if you doesn't like "haters" just be fair and attack all of them not only samsung hatters
haha don't be so with me angry because we will meet again soon.