HTC One vs iPhone 5 drop test results in broken glass, shattered dreams
0. phoneArena 28 Mar 2013, 05:13 posted on
Today's high-end smartphones are fragile creatures, regardless of whether they're made of metal or plastic. Usually a drop or two onto a hard surface result in damage that can't be undone, unless repaired by a professional. Yet some handsets fare better when it comes to accidental drops. Is the metal-made HTC One among them?...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
65. haseebzahid (Posts: 1842; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
lol you sure cuz one L920 can break though 2 or more xpera Z's stack together cuz its a tank armor :P on it
80. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
It also has cancer from windows, no chance im buying Nokia till they switch to android.
94. trexnkrumpets (Posts: 44; Member since: 15 Jan 2013)
Strange. My Lumia lives longer without needing an oxygen tank throughout the day, and I do just as much as my android that has a bigger battery. There's not much I miss about android, Amazon could be better for an app; I use Pageonce for banking from ALL of my accounts. All my news apps are there, and now there's some awesome games like Modern Combat 4 which has console like graphics and runs a ton smoother than the Mass Effect game does on my higher specced android. :P
26. bubbadoes (Posts: 384; Member since: 03 May 2012)
This is about the one and only test that the iphone can stand with the HTC One.
29. _Bone_ (Posts: 2142; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
"B.b.b.b.b.b.b.b.b.but it's better built than cheap plastic crap! It's aluminum everywhere (even the screen!) This test is cheat! Samsung bought the test!"
59. Taters (Posts: 3658; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
You do know that he was dissing you and not Samsung fans right? LOL
You guys really need to go back to school.
30. Luisit0 (Posts: 73; Member since: 18 Feb 2013)
Damn this hurts to watch :/ I'm not an apple fanboy but I've always liked the iPhone's design. As for the One, that's my next phone so this trully hurt! XD
33. Xavier1415 (Posts: 22; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
One its glass its going to break smh two look at the type of ground its on umm I don't that type of ground is everywhere lmao ?? O.o apples glass shattered right from his pocket. He had to lift higher to make the HTC break its glass. So stfu. And took HTC a 4th test. Begging HTC to break its screen smh Samsung plz. Cheap looking phone.
81. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
>basing a phone off how cheap it looks< use a samsung phone, they know what they are doing, HTC feels weird in your hand, samsungs phones fit perfectly.
37. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Surely they are! Tell me more about it!!!!
40. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1058; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Cheap crappy phones with better built quality than your precious htc one
45. amats69 (Posts: 1140; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
oh! can you pls stop this kind of test instead give that test phones to one of the visitor of your site?LOL!
46. Nexu5 (Posts: 3; Member since: 29 Jan 2013)
Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, temperature, humidity, gesture. Now put anti-gravitational support. Drop a phone, it bounce up and down a bit because of inertia before floating 1-feet high. Never touch the floor. Just love imagination..
47. tiara6918 (Posts: 1709; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
no matter the materials used for your smartphone better buy a case especially if you're the type who drops it a lot
53. JulianGT (Posts: 83; Member since: 15 Oct 2012)
I know one person that her iPhone fell from three floors and the screen was undamaged.
95. trexnkrumpets (Posts: 44; Member since: 15 Jan 2013)
Or Clever Girl. Don't Otterbox your phone...OTTERBOX YOUR HOME! XD
54. SmartPhoneStream (Posts: 160; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
Correction: He mean to say the iPhone 4 is the benchmark for design
55. dicemoney (Posts: 57; Member since: 28 Mar 2011)
Why is every one going back and forth just buy whichever phone you like a stfu
56. willywonca (Posts: 1; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
Iphonenya di jatuhin pas screenya ya iyalah pecah... Beg*
Itu htc masa sudutnya doank yg di jatuhin ya iya lah ga peca2 itu screen.... Addddow capeee deee bikin perbandingan kok dg cara yg ga kreatif....
60. Taters (Posts: 3658; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
LOL the speaker grill falling off on the first drop and the plastic trim cracking on the second drop shows you just how "well built" the HTC One truly is. That is pretty bad, even for HTC standards.
61. droidluvngurl (Posts: 11; Member since: 27 Feb 2013)
What pisses me off about all this new technology is I have the original Galaxy S phone, it's fallen on it's face a million times and there's no crack or anything. These new phones are supposed to have better Corning Glass blah blah blah than a phone I got 2yrs ago but are more fragile. SMDH
64. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 676; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
This test was conducted by Android Authority.. not iphone authority... The Android fanboys have posted the result.. Coz they appreciate the good & accept the Truth.. unlike iFans, only criticizing, never accepting the truth.. Get a life iFans...
69. MobileMac (Posts: 21; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Plastic or Glass?! Is glass the premium material? Is it better environmentally for your finger tips? Corning's Gorilla Glass makes my fingertips feel just fine, the big difference is if I drop it my heart doesn't sink wondering if I am gonna walk around like so many glass dwellers with a shattered screen. I have an SG3, and I don't care if its made of plastic. I have a case on it anyways and all I feel is the screen protector and plastic case. And those that have a glass screen are the ones you see with a HUGE a** case on it anyways. So big freaking deal.
What matters most is what is inside. If you like iOS, then knock yourself the hell out. I prefer Android. The key phrase was, "I prefer". I don't trip that it does not have a glass screen and metal body. I enjoy the fact that it is fast, makes quality phone calls and that I can customize it the way I see fit.
My son is a Nokia fan and he loves his Lumia 920. If I didn't have an SG3, I wouldn't mind having the Lumia. It is also fast, smooth and it is a unique WP8 experience.
As far as the S4, that is testosterone in a candy bar shell! That is power, efficiency and a bada** android. I have to go now, the glass on my car needs to be wiped.
70. ximacloudx (Posts: 12; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
I want to get paid to drop $700 phones :(
74. Rayvelynn (Posts: 124; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Usually it's like torture to watch these videos but since it's an Iphone ROCK ON! lol
75. JEverettnow (Posts: 211; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
History shows that all of HTC's metal frame phones look horrible a lot sooner than any plastic model phone. Nothing like gouged metal frames stabbing your hand every time you grab it out of your pocket.
90. dragonscourgex (Posts: 307; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
I don't think I will ever really let these "tests" hold much weight for me. Regardless what kind of phone is "tested". It is a device made out of plastic, glass, metal. It will break, regardless of who made it, if you drop it and have a little bit of bad luck.
92. you_troll (banned) (Posts: 8; Member since: 16 Apr 2013)
All this hype around build quality. Since when was quality synonymous to appearance anyway? I thought quality was about, well, quality. They should have based it upon the One X, now that phone was beautiful and had some quality with it..
93. trexnkrumpets (Posts: 44; Member since: 15 Jan 2013)
Aww. Darn. Well I guess if it looks like an Iphone it'll break like One too. I guess my Lumia 920 will still remain my main device than. (and my htc rezound will still stay in it's otterbox prison D: )