HTC One vs iPhone 5 drop test results in broken glass, shattered dreams
0. phoneArena 28 Mar 2013, 05:13 posted on
Today's high-end smartphones are fragile creatures, regardless of whether they're made of metal or plastic. Usually a drop or two onto a hard surface result in damage that can't be undone, unless repaired by a professional. Yet some handsets fare better when it comes to accidental drops. Is the metal-made HTC One among them?...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. AnTuTu (Posts: 1580; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
Samsung's unbreakable or flexible display will answer that.
23. KParks23 (Posts: 627; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
No thanks I'd rather take my chances with my glass display breaking than walk around with a phone with a plastic screen! And I'm sure glass will still feel better most people don't even like using screen protectors because how it changes the feel
39. ebubekir26 (Posts: 321; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
plastic screen ? wtf are you talking about ?
51. KParks23 (Posts: 627; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
The Samsung flexible durable screen will be made of PLASTIC just Google it.. Just like some cheep tv screens are plastic! U must of missed ces.. I will never buy a phone with a plastic display then the entire samsung phone will be plastic lol and if u drop it on its screen it will still scratch.
58. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I am sure they won't release flexible touch screens until they can make it feel like glass. In fact, Gorilla Glass shares more characteristics with plastic than it does with plain window glass.
34. darkkjedii (Posts: 21732; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
No cell phone glass will be unbreakable dude. Wake up man.
9. doejon (Posts: 398; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
better buy the s4 u can change the backcover ;-) and i hope that the droptest with the s4 is better than the s3
77. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
When will companies realize gorrila glass sucks... IDC how thin it is make it not break.
82. meowcenary (Posts: 187; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
When will people stop being careless? Nothing is indestructable and the way people use their technology, physical medias, vehicles, and such leaves much to desire. Sure their is normal wear and tear, however their is again stupidty and carelessness. I have seen so many screen with spider web cracks, scratched up optical medias, and such.
88. kobainez (Posts: 429; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Its shatterproof sheet dumbass! Not scratch-proof sheet!
24. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Gorrila glass 3 is not well built!
Dragontail glass are better then G3
Sapphire glass the king
41. preet27in (banned) (Posts: 173; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
hahahaha jelepus idiots dont know, the bigger the screen more chances to break. lets c what sammy got. htc is the best cheers. and btw no IDIOT WILL THROW HIS PHONE ON SCREEN SIDE . SO CHEERSSS
43. HouTexan (Posts: 439; Member since: 08 Jan 2012)
Then why is there a ton of people walking around with shattered screens?
67. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1718; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Please define "a ton" also the few shattered screens ive seen...all iPhones
78. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Yup every shatterd screen I've seen is iphone and HTC, I have seen a few s3s with hairline cracks though.
83. heyhi (Posts: 131; Member since: 19 Feb 2013)
how about Polycarbonate now?? bla bla plastic phone...that beautiful designed with prime material doesnt seem so beautiful right now...crushed!! and they will say or think "oh, im gonna use a case, so it will never happen"...if they are gonna use it with a case, how they are gonna flash their beautiful phone?
85. heyhi (Posts: 131; Member since: 19 Feb 2013)
and after the first drop the speaker's cover just pops out?? thats the build quality?? or the speaker is removable and not the battery maybe?? i guess that unibody is not no "uni".
87. Dynamac (Posts: 24; Member since: 01 Dec 2012)
What the hell is the point of these drop tests other than to destroy two perfectly fine phones. Some kids just have too much time and too little respect for the awesome things we are blessed with.
No two drops are identical and hence unless you reproduce the test 100 times and taken an average, it proofs nothing. Just stupid.....
2. AnTuTu (Posts: 1580; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
Sammy's unbreakable or flexible display will answer that.
12. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Lol? The S3 lost to the iPhone 5? And the S4 isn't much different, I wouldn't expect different results this year.
14. tech2 (Posts: 3463; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
S4 has Gorilla Glass 3 and the sides of S4 have actual metal this time unlike with S3 which had metal finish ! So it will definetly better than S3
and BTW what does 'lol?' mean. You are laughing out loud in interrogative way ? How do you do that ?
16. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Don't be smart, Android fanboys claim everyone is the worst and as soon they have anything negative put against them they dislike, no thought. Android fanboys were cool and fair and fair thinking years ago ... not anymore. I know the more dislikes I have the more they know its true. You guys cant stand when there is anything good with iPhone either, it must be good enough to be the highest selling smartphone flagship. Damn you fanboys are ignorant, won't give anything else a chance or thought, and when i said lost to the iPhone i mean the S3 lost to the iPhone5 in the DROP TEST.