HTC One to star in Captain America movie
0. phoneArena 18 Mar 2014, 07:55 posted on
HTC has admitted to having a weakness in marketing, but ever since word leaked out about a sequel to the HTC One, the All New HTC One has been the most hyped handset. And it seems that most smartphone fans can't get enough of HTC's soon to be unveiled new flagship model. Instead of wasting $12 million, like it did when it paid Robert Downey Jr. that amount to star in a television ad, all of this publicity has been free...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. AfterShock (Posts: 2535; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
How about advertising locally to where the phone are going to be sold, and skip Hollywood altogether.
Can this phone be used without gloves?
After all, Captain is the winter soldier and Nokia is going to bomb HTC over this.
5. engineer-1701d (Posts: 574; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Cap is not the winter soldier it's bucky the guy with the metal arm
7. AfterShock (Posts: 2535; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Corrected, thank you.
Guess he won't have any issues with it lol.
I suppose CA will use it only in civilian scenes or something.
11. true1984 (Posts: 586; Member since: 23 May 2012)
well there actually was a time where bucky took over the captain america mantle so technically he was right
9. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2448; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Did you mean to ask "can this phone be used WITH gloves"?
3. newbey123 (Posts: 392; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
Good job HTC. Starting to get your phones out there. People can't know you have the better product if they don't know you exist. Keep up the good work.
4. promise7 (Posts: 334; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
If they were going to do a Marvel film they should've tried to work out a deal with the Ironman franchise. The problem with the Robert Downey Jr. ads were no one wants to be Robert Downry Jr., they want to be Tony Stark and they wants his cool gadgets. If people see him using a HTC One phone then it's more likely to sell, instead of Captain America.
6. androiphone20 (Posts: 1399; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
I just hoped it was the part where Cap. was diving from the plane, but that's just me :(
8. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2448; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Like Xperia T starred in Skyfall. Though only for about 2 seconds lol.
10. Taters (Posts: 2661; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
HTC is going to ruin this movie. Lol
This should be good. This is going to put the weak HTC fails only because of marketing theory to rest. HTC fails because they suck and don't give people what they want and because they have major quality control and engineering issues.
13. giani (Posts: 269; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Taters, just follow the steps you learned in the TROLL free therapy. common man, you were one week clean.
1. Hi my name is Taters and I'm a TROLL. Now caryy on.
17. 7Superman9 (Posts: 72; Member since: 17 Sep 2013)
I was thinking the same thing. This troll hadn't made a peep in like a week. Thought he got taken out by a goat, lol.
Wishing the goat had won!
15. VZWuser76 (Posts: 1286; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
So what "everyone" wants, is everything thrown into a case, with a ton of features that people will use for a week and probably never use again.
While I think their marketing direction has something to do with it, I think the biggest reason they're falling behind is the Apple vs. Samsung trial. All these everyday consumer see something newsworthy from the tech world on the regular news shows, and it looks to them like Samsung and Apple are pretty much the same. That trial was some of the best advertising for Samsung they've had. Apple saying they're being copied by them is like saying "Here's an alternative on the same level as our products". It much more powerful having your competition say it than saying it yourself.
16. Taters (Posts: 2661; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
No. Everyone wants the most compact phone as possible with the biggest screen that can fit into that compact form. They also want something that you know, works and that doesn't have dead pixels or dust under the screen, gaps everywhere, poorly finished plastics, slow gps, buttons that do not respond well, poor button placement, overheating etc..
You know. People don't want typical HTC garbage.
18. true1984 (Posts: 586; Member since: 23 May 2012)
you do realise stating opinions as fact makes you look foolish right? also can we see some proof of what you're saying(links, ect.) otherwise your claims are baseless and have no credibility. but i'm sure you do have evidence right?
20. 7Superman9 (Posts: 72; Member since: 17 Sep 2013)
Taters, I know you cannot help but make the comments that you do. ETS is a serious, and rapidly growing issue among those on tech sites.
What does help Epic Troll Syndrome, is to remove your nose from the company's lower end, take a breath of fresh air, and pen your eyes.
There is a whole world out there missing Taters, and it's a sad place. Please rejoin us.
21. imyourpapi (Posts: 65; Member since: 04 Jan 2014)
Taters really loves htc lol this boy got a huge heart on for them
19. Michaelsalaets (Posts: 25; Member since: 09 Feb 2014)
htc sent me an offer to see this before it is released
22. Deadeye37 (Posts: 76; Member since: 25 Jan 2011)
Can't wait to see the Capt. kick some butt, take a quick break to update his facebook status, send a couple tweets, and do a selfie with Black Widow with the Winter Soldier photo bombing them in the background :)
24. genkidama20 (Posts: 31; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Maybe they will incorporate a purple tint throughout the whole movie?
25. mrblah (Posts: 419; Member since: 22 Jan 2013)
He get's caught using an iPhone in the last scene.